Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

Why can't some people see that Vernon is more effective for Aberdeen coming on as a sub in the last 20. Everytime he starts he plays shite and the team playes shite. Carry on with the winning formula Derek, no need for change.

I think McInnes has got to reward Vernon's form - and his hattrick in the last round - by giving him a start the morn.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is unrealistic to expect us to beat Motherwell? Who we beat down there last time? Who we've beaten on their on turf in our last cup games against them?

It'll be as tough a game as we could have gotten. Is it unrealistic to expect to win?

GK55, you heard the man. Make the 3 hour or so trip down to Motherwell but do not expect a win. That'll be a fun drive.

This is Aberdeen we're talking about... no cups in 18 years. You really EXPECT us to win? We can certainly hope, and have confidence, but to expect.... :suicide:

This is Aberdeen we're talking about... no cups in 18 years. You really EXPECT us to win? We can certainly hope, and have confidence, but to expect.... :suicide:

I don't expect anything. Two evenly matched teams... I expect it to be a good game at least!! I think it's harsh to say its unrealistic to expect a win going to Motherwell though! Especially to a poor lad who is looking forward to going down haha. WAY TO SHITE ON HIS EXCITEMENT!

Guest findlay_1903

If we play at our best the tie should be ours however cup football is not as simple as that. I would start Zola, only player I would try shoe horn in is Barry robson who drops out I don't know. Just think him and flood are bloody winners and they won't let us down. Come on reds, this game will really prove where we're at. To beat united, hibs and motherwell on the bounce would be remarkable after the county game. Also stands us in great optimism going into our home double header against two so called weaker sides than ourselves.

I think we are witnessing TWL on the come down from the meow meow he was on when he posted how all in the garden was rosy with Mchun at the helm...#prayfortwl

Hey hunstar... how are you?

Quite the opposite, my royal blue wearing sycophant. I think McInnes is doing a sterling job of things. What I don't buy into (after two wins in a row) is that we can just turn up and 'expect' to win. Not even at home, never mind the team that finished 2nd in the league last year and have proven their consistency.

Throw into the mix that they'll be hurting after their loss to St Johnstone, and I think that your average, rational, level headed Dons fan would suggest that it's gonna be a tough, tough tie.

Having unrealistic expectations is a dangerous road to go down. The only thing I expect in life, is that the Sun will rise in the East, and the day will last 24 and a bitty hours.

Having said all that, I fully expect that the team will give 100%, will be well organised, and will be trying their hardest to win. But you cannot discount the opposition and to just expect to turn up and win, is pretty pants. Let's hope the players don't share that same gung ho attitude eh.

Throw into the mix that they'll be hurting after their loss to St Johnstone, and I think that your average, rational, level headed Dons fan would suggest that it's gonna be a tough, tough tie.

Having unrealistic expectations is a dangerous road to go down. The only thing I expect in life, is that the Sun will rise in the East, and the day will last 24 and a bitty hours.

It would be dangerous if the team turned up expecting to win any game.

But we're not talking about the team. Not the players or the management. We are talking about a gadgie. A gadgie who is confident we will beat Motherwell tomorrow night. Which I personally disagree with you thinking it is an unrealistic thought. But because of this 1 gadgie standing behind the goals thinking we are going to win... you think we may in fact lose? Sounds like GK55 has a crucial role to play tomorrow night. Don't let us down man.

Hey hunstar... how are you?

Quite the opposite, my royal blue wearing sycophant. I think McInnes is doing a sterling job of things.

Doing good chief...I'm sure your boy in royal blue will continue to do a sterling job...if only he'd take off his blue hue specs and out the charlatan "hun" keeper...then AFC will rise again...as we are going nowhere with this drainer between the sticks.

The only thing I expect in life, is that the Sun will rise in the East, and the day will last 24 and a bitty hours.

Since Copernicus postulated the heliocentric model for our solar system in the early 1500s, further supported by Gallileo in the early 1600s and since proven with modern observation techniques, it is plain to see that the Sun doesn't rise anywhere. What you are witnessing is an illusion apparent only to those standing on the orbiting, rotating Earth.

I think The Dons will win.