Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Motherwll will get a penalty tonightfollowing Hun mccalls comments about never getting one.

Doesnt matter as Vernon will get a hat-trick anyway

"But I am still waiting for a ruling from the SPFL because we don't get penalties as you know and we might just go to a toss a coin.

"But, because it is a cup game, rules might change and so we practised penalties today.

"We have had one penalty kick this season - in Russia. They play the rules that if it hits your hand it is a penalty, but unfortunately Bob McHugh missed it.

"But we have been practising them this morning and it might have made my mind up on who is on the bench because a few slotted them away nicely and a few blazed them over the bar.

"It is a bit tongue in cheek. Refereeing is a tough job, there is no doubt about that.

"But there has certainly been times this season when we merited penalty kicks and didn't get them."

Holy shit! What a fkn fanny he is!

He'll get slaughtered for saying this.

RYAN Jack would love to see skipper Russell Anderson finally get a taste of success with his beloved Aberdeen FC.

Russell has served the Dons well during two spells at the club over the last 17 years.
But the Scotland international has still to win any trophies – the Dons lost both of the finals Russell played in back in season 1999-2000. As he prepared for tonight’s Scottish League Cup quarter-final clash with Motherwell at Fir Park, Ryan admitted that’s something he would love to put right before his captain decides to call it a day.
Ryan said: “It would be great to see Russell lift a cup as a reward for all the commitment he has shown to Aberdeen over the years.”

I hope this heavy rain doesnt affect the game or people who are travelling for it. I am on East Coast Just now and its absolutely bucketing here, I got a call from Glasgow which said it had been similar in the West - constant for several hours, so far.

Anyone driving there tonight (like me!) be warned that conditions are likely to be dodgy.

I wonder what the pitch will be like.

I hope this heavy rain doesnt affect the game or people who are travelling for it. I am on East Coast Just now and its absolutely bucketing here, I got a call from Glasgow which said it had been similar in the West - constant for several hours, so far.

Anyone driving there tonight (like me!) be warned that conditions are likely to be dodgy.

I wonder what the pitch will be like.

The pitch will be fine. Its been superb for 3seasons now. Its unfortunate that how bad it was sticks in peoples minds. Probably not helped by piss poor journalism.