Mcinnes To Hibs?

tup

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-ct-boss-terry-butcher-2667271

TERRY BUTCHER is being lined up to take over as manager of Hibs.

Record Sport understands Butcher is set to be approached by the Easter Road club who yesterday parted company with Pat Fenlon.

Chief executive Rod Petrie is keen to tie up Butcher whose current deal with Inverness expires at the end of the season. He has not signed an extension.

Meanwhile, Fenlon revealed he decided to quit BEFORE the midweek derby defeat by Hearts.

Supporters gathered outside the stadium on Wednesday night calling for his sacking.

However, privately, the Irishman had already decided to go and had contacted Petrie before the League Cup crunch to set up a meeting.

He said: I asked to meet the chairman on Tuesday and my mind was made up at that stage.

Beating Hearts wouldnt have changed my mind.

I read some reports after the game and they were overly critical of the team because we played well.

The performance at the start was probably as good as weve managed since I came here.

Sometimes theres a way to lose and if you go out having a go you can sort of accept it.

My only regret is we didnt finish in style it would have been a nice way to go out.

Fenlons revelation will stun supporters but if the manager had any lingering doubts they were surely dispelled by the post-match reaction.

Players and staff had their cars moved so they could leave the stadium without having to confront the angry mob.

Fenlon, who took charge two years ago after Colin Calderwood, said: Its not nice but in society and life thats just the way it is. The players were disappointed with that but I suppose it is passion from the fans. It is not what you want to see. I dont think the players deserved it.

Astonishingly, the players first heard the news of the managers departure from the media. Fenlon hadnt said a word at training.

He added: It was a very difficult decision. Ive been here a while and love the place but you have to be fair to everyone.

Its the right decision at the right time and the club will kick on.

Ive been thinking about it since Aberdeen last Saturday. I spoke with a few people I am close to and came to that decision.

I took training because I wanted to focus on Sunday to make sure we get a result at Motherwell. If we win, it puts us in a good position.

Ill speak to the players on Saturday it will be difficult.

Kenny Shiels, Jimmy Calderwood and Derek McInnes are also being linked with the vacancy.

Assistant manager Jimmy Nicholl will take the team at Motherwell.

Fenlon said: Ive been privileged to manage this fantastic club. I just feel its the right time.

Petrie praised Fenlon and said: Pat arrived when we were at a low point and worked tirelessly.

He has taken us to two Scottish Cup finals and assembled a talented squad but feels he should hand over the reins. We thank him for all of his efforts.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tradegy of this thread is that the positive feeling surrounding the club, manager and fans is being eroded with cynical suspicion. This thread has the potential to damage the trust between fans and mcinnes purely due to attention seeking naivity. There's no doubt that hibs would be interested in mcinnes, and butcher and mccall and any other current manager who is achieving results with similar resources. They'll contact all clubs to find out relevant compo and build a short list from there. You've jumped the gun on this Tup without understanding the damage you're doing. You've confused Hibs building a short list with Mcinnes wanting to leave, and your prejudice towards his initial appointment has fuelled it.

To the rest - forget this thread and concentrate on how well the whole club is progressing and let's get back to looking forward to a Monday night match against Partick. Who would have thought we would be excited by that prospect this time last year? COYR

Mark my words once again. Mackie starts the first game of the season the final nail goes into my AFC coffin.

I'll look out for the results, I'll even watch that cup final your talking about on the telly but I won't be back ever.

You still sticking to this one HH?

I think you attended a game recently?

I'll be expecting a heap of grovelling apologies when this turns out to be correct.

Just to avoid you getting unnecessary grief Tup, can we just check what you are saying will turn out to be correct.

A) Hibs have approached Aberdeen already enquiring about Derek's availability

Or

B) Derek will be the next manager of Hibs and the deal has already been done?

Tup can we just be told the following is your source directly involved with the afc.?

The same source that spouted pish about Adams. I don't claim to have any source but one conversation with someone at St Mirren told me McInnes was going to be the next boss. Boooom.

Over 28,500 posts in three years says it all about him!