Tord31

Aberdeen v Inverness (League Cup Final)

Injured: Robertson

It's finally here! A couple of big decisions for McInnes. Goalkeeper, defence and striker pick themselves but big decision on which one of Flood, Jack, Robson, Pawlett, McGinn and Hayes. McGinn and Pawlett at biggest risk. Also a decision on the subs with only 5 named - 3 of todays squad have to miss out for Pawlett to come back in.

Langfield

Logan Anderson Reynolds Considine

Jack Flood

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

subs: Weaver, Shaughnessey, Robson, Vernon, Smith
others: Tate, Low, Zola, McManus, Murray

Prediction: 1-0 Jack
Attendance: 48,000

Regardless of result we need to remember there has been vast improvement under McInnes, we are heading in the right direction and the team deserves our support whatever happens the rest of the season. COYR!!

.....................Gordon.........................

Logan,Anderson,Reynolds,Considine

.......Robson/Jack with Flood........... (think Robson will start though)

....McGinn.......Pawlett.........Hayes

....................Rooney.........................

Edit. Would maybe have Flood concentrating more on the right side to protect Anderson & Logan & have Jack/Robson on the left hand side of holding mid

Edited by fine-n-dandy

I just hope whoever gets picked will do the team proud and win. I reckon it will be a tense 2-1 victory to the dons. Rooney to score and Captain Cadger to score the winner in the 88th minute!!!

Team picks itself.

Lingfield

Logan

Anderson

Reynolds

Considine

Robson

Flood

Mcginn

Pawlett

Hayes

Rooney

Dons by the odd goal. Number one priority is keeping Billy Mckay quiet. Do that and we'll win.

Team picks itself bar the two out of three in middle of park. Two of Jack, Robson and Flood. Just hope McInnes,doesn't try shoehorn them all in, as clearly doesn't work and hinders our creativity and shape.

Edited by Sandafc

I think the size of the pitch at Celtic park coupled with the pace and ability of our players not to mention the superior fitness levels in our squad means that we could have a good chance of really running this Caley team ragged, dragging their midfield and centre halfs all over the pitch creating space for ourselves.

I think that too often at Pittodrie the type of football we try to play can be hampered by the tight nature of the pitch and the oppositions determination to sit in.

For me most of side picks itself

Langfield.

Logan.

Anderson.

Reynolds.

Considine.

Flood.

Robson.

Pawlett.

McGinn.

Rooney.

Hayes.

Subs. Weaver. Tate. Jack. Vernon. Smith.

The only choice to be made is Jack to start or not. Must say I'm not convinced by McGinn either and there is no doubt he has watched Low and Smith overtake him in deserving a starting slot.

But I'll give him another chance mainly because of his ability to offer down the wing, or up front, but I'd have no complaints if he was on bench for start.

Worried that he'll play jack flood and robson.

Thinking this also. We arent as 'sexy' with all three in the side but the win percentage is 85%

Bit of a soft penalty, but why is Shinnie even making the challenge. First and second goals were both absolutely dire from keeper and defence.

Does that mean Tansey's out of next week?

On second thoughts he'd be out of the Hibs game mid week.

SPLStats on Twitter says that if they appeal and that is unsuccessful he would be suspended for the final as the appeal would be heard on Thursday.

SPLStats on Twitter says that if they appeal and that is unsuccessful he would be suspended for the final as the appeal would be heard on Thursday.

Well there are no grounds for appeal so they'll take it on the chin.

After what can only be described as a demoralizing home defeat just underlines the magnitude of the downward spiral Sneckie seems to be on. Those worried about next week need to get themselves along to "tup's corner" for a wee session!

Interesting to see how they play on Wed now against Hibs.

Real demoralising game against Utd there, Out of the Scottish cup & only have league placings now for any hope of European football but also have to consider their first ever final.

I think they will basically see the final as the priority & hope a shite Hibs team turns up on Wed.

Hibs may be a good bet this week & at decent price 11/4

this game is gonna be AWESOME i just got my tickets :flag: buzzing aint the word i feel right now,

we gotta win and i cant wait till Sunday