Champions League

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Loads of City fans out tonight in town.

Of course they remember the days of division 1 well I'm sure.

Man City winning the Champions League is such a fairytale.
Amazing what can be achieved with £2 billion, a manager with an offshore account, a suspended 2-year ban from European competition and 115 charges of financial irregularity.

Fuck modern fitba. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Man City winning the Champions League is such a fairytale.
Amazing what can be achieved with £2 billion, a manager with an offshore account, a suspended 2-year ban from European competition and 115 charges of financial irregularity.

Fuck modern fitba. 

And an owner who can pay off delegates and investigators with brown envelopes.

Scum club.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

AEK fan killed today after some violence with Zagreb fans, leading to the match being postponed. This is despite no away fans being allowed at the game.

This is what happens when the savage countries aren't ruled by the civilised countries. 

They revert to barbarism*. 

* Love The Beach Boys. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

This is what happens when the savage countries aren't ruled by the civilised countries. 

They revert to barbarism*. 

* Love The Beach Boys. 

Don't think we've ever run those particular corners of the world. It's not too late though.

But you can't accuse the Greeks of barbarism - they literally invented the word to mean non Greek.

9 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Don't think we've ever run those particular corners of the world. It's not too late though.

But you can't accuse the Greeks of barbarism - they literally invented the word to mean non Greek.

The Greeks are resting on their Hellenistic laurels... they haven't been civilised since they revolted against the Ottomans... a proper, advanced Empire. 

Croats... probably haven't been civilised since the Austro-Hungarians were in charge, but even that was a bit shit in terms of Empires. 

You need a proper Empire in there, Brits or Yanks,  otherwise... shambles. 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

3-1 flatters Man City. Red Star goalie made a howler. I really hope City get binned in the quarter finals. 

Celtic, 2 red cards, what a fuck up of a performance.

Good result for Newcastle, 0-0 with Milan. Did well, nothing spectacular, Milan pissed about too much.

I prefer the Europa League, it's the best, most fun. Champions League is just too flouncy, slick, Europa and Conference are grittier, less predictable. They remind me of old school Euro cup clashes, where mental shit happens.