Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

Looking at the may 2021 section, will be some difficult decisions to make. Logan considine Wright and McLennan will be likely to get new contracts you’d imagine. Not so sure on Main, Taylor, McGinn, Anderson whilst Devlin a stick on for release.

13 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Looking at the may 2021 section, will be some difficult decisions to make. Logan considine Wright and McLennan will be likely to get new contracts you’d imagine. Not so sure on Main, Taylor, McGinn, Anderson whilst Devlin a stick on for release.

Hmmm not sure about Logan, had Hernandez been any good at all then Logan would surely have been released next summer...maybe even allowed to go sooner if he could have fixed himself up with a club elsewhere. He might get more game time this season than expected but still think we will let him go.

Wright is questionable at best. If he can keep up his early season form consistently till Xmas then he probably will get one. But any reversion to the "old" Wright and he's binned. Taylor (after yesterday), McGinn, Anderson and Devlin are toast. Main has a bit of a chance if he can be a super-sub for the rest of the season...12 goals might just do it but more likely released. McLennan I'd give a couple of years more to as he definitely has something to offer. Consi deserves us taking up his one year option but no more after that.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Logan and McGinn will leave in the summer. McGinn has been a great servant but the legs are starting to go now.  Same with Logan to a lesser degree. 

I think Considine will get another contract, & possibly Scott Wright if he maintains form for another month or two.

I think all the others will be released, freeing up wages for two or three replacements.

Aye I'd expect Consi to get his one year option. 

As Wright is starting just now you'd expect they'll be preparing something for him. 

Jury is out on McLennan. I think there's a player there but he needs to kick on and take any chances he gets pretty soon. 

Cerny, Main and Devlin will likely depart unless Cerny has given up plans to take his uni course. 

Will be a bit of a clear out. 

January 2021

Tommie Hoban

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen - on loan to Arbroath

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he'll be gone in October. If not January at the latest. 

"Hopefully".

If not, it'll probably end up being £0 at the end of his contract or a nominal fee the January after.

I'm still confused as to whether he's decent or not. Incredible goal tally since he got his first. But still regularly looks like he's never played football before.

17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

"Hopefully".

If not, it'll probably end up being £0 at the end of his contract or a nominal fee the January after.

I'm still confused as to whether he's decent or not. Incredible goal tally since he got his first. But still regularly looks like he's never played football before.

After selling Mckenna we don't need to sell Cosgrove.... would probably rather just keep him for his goals unless the fee was mental.

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

After selling Mckenna we don't need to sell Cosgrove.... would probably rather just keep him for his goals unless the fee was mental.

I think he wants away though and is unlikely to extend. 

Also if there are no crowds until March there might be another black hole to fill finance wise. 

On that basis I'm in favour of selling at the right price. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he wants away though and is unlikely to extend. 

Also if there are no crowds until March there might be another black hole to fill finance wise. 

On that basis I'm in favour of selling at the right price. 

I genuinely think he will extend should no offer come in in January that suits us.

Nothing about him would suggest to me he’s a snake. Fans appreciate him & he appreciates what the club has done for his CV

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I genuinely think he will extend should no offer come in in January that suits us.

Nothing about him would suggest to me he’s a snake. Fans appreciate him & he appreciates what the club has done for his CV

If he wants away that doesn't make him a snake.  Players come, players go. As long as the move is good for both parties no one will complain. 

38 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Sell Cosgrove. He's shite.

£2m would be a great return on investment

He refused to leave to a club who offered £2.2 million. So we shouldn't be accepting any less from any new club that might want him in January. I agree though that the £30k gamble we took on him has paid off handsomely. 

Once he does leave...I wonder if Leeds would entertain us putting in an offer to sign Edmondson permanently ( Making a big assumption that in the next 3 months he performs well) and if they would, how much they would value him at? If they'd take £400-500k then I think that would be a worthwhile new punt for us to take

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He refused to leave to a club who offered £2.2 million. So we shouldn't be accepting any less from any new club that might want him in January. I agree though that the £30k gamble we took on him has paid off handsomely. 

Once he does leave...I wonder if Leeds would entertain us putting in an offer to sign Edmondson permanently ( Making a big assumption that in the next 3 months he performs well) and if they would, how much they would value him at? If they'd take £400-500k then I think that would be a worthwhile new punt for us to take

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

No chance would we get him for that 

I think he'll be available for free. Looks like they'll happily run down his contract. 

Biesla (or whatever he is called) doesn't get on with him so the story goes.

9 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Exactly we're 8 games in to the season and he's yet to score. Hardly what I would call prolific. 

Opinions. I think £2M would be a good price for him. No better than Stockley or Moult so i'd expect that kind of performance in England.

McKenna is a different kettle of fish. He is good enough to go for £10M in the crazy world of EFL money

On 9/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, Millertime said:

No chance would we get him for that 

If he's already a well rated prospect at Leeds and he plays well for us , he'll have other options in England that he'll find far more attractive than us

Only way we'll have any chance of signing him permanently is if he turns out to be another James Wilson for us

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Sorry, sorry

Cosgrove is no better than Stockley or moult?

DaFUQ are you on about

That's my prediction for the end of their career. Thats more than ten years away. I think they are all comparable players. Cosgrove has been the luckiest of the three to be first pick in a great team for two years of his career

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's my prediction for the end of their career. Thats more than ten years away. I think they are all comparable players. Cosgrove has been the luckiest of the three to be first pick in a great team for two years of his career

Great team for 2 years in his career? We have been pretty shite the last 2 seasons, no better than moults motherwell team when he played.