Out Of Contract

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he wants away though and is unlikely to extend. 

Also if there are no crowds until March there might be another black hole to fill finance wise. 

On that basis I'm in favour of selling at the right price. 

I genuinely think he will extend should no offer come in in January that suits us.

Nothing about him would suggest to me he’s a snake. Fans appreciate him & he appreciates what the club has done for his CV

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I genuinely think he will extend should no offer come in in January that suits us.

Nothing about him would suggest to me he’s a snake. Fans appreciate him & he appreciates what the club has done for his CV

If he wants away that doesn't make him a snake.  Players come, players go. As long as the move is good for both parties no one will complain. 

38 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Sell Cosgrove. He's shite.

£2m would be a great return on investment

He refused to leave to a club who offered £2.2 million. So we shouldn't be accepting any less from any new club that might want him in January. I agree though that the £30k gamble we took on him has paid off handsomely. 

Once he does leave...I wonder if Leeds would entertain us putting in an offer to sign Edmondson permanently ( Making a big assumption that in the next 3 months he performs well) and if they would, how much they would value him at? If they'd take £400-500k then I think that would be a worthwhile new punt for us to take

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He refused to leave to a club who offered £2.2 million. So we shouldn't be accepting any less from any new club that might want him in January. I agree though that the £30k gamble we took on him has paid off handsomely. 

Once he does leave...I wonder if Leeds would entertain us putting in an offer to sign Edmondson permanently ( Making a big assumption that in the next 3 months he performs well) and if they would, how much they would value him at? If they'd take £400-500k then I think that would be a worthwhile new punt for us to take

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

No chance would we get him for that 

I think he'll be available for free. Looks like they'll happily run down his contract. 

Biesla (or whatever he is called) doesn't get on with him so the story goes.

9 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Exactly we're 8 games in to the season and he's yet to score. Hardly what I would call prolific. 

Opinions. I think £2M would be a good price for him. No better than Stockley or Moult so i'd expect that kind of performance in England.

McKenna is a different kettle of fish. He is good enough to go for £10M in the crazy world of EFL money

On 9/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, Millertime said:

No chance would we get him for that 

If he's already a well rated prospect at Leeds and he plays well for us , he'll have other options in England that he'll find far more attractive than us

Only way we'll have any chance of signing him permanently is if he turns out to be another James Wilson for us

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Sorry, sorry

Cosgrove is no better than Stockley or moult?

DaFUQ are you on about

That's my prediction for the end of their career. Thats more than ten years away. I think they are all comparable players. Cosgrove has been the luckiest of the three to be first pick in a great team for two years of his career

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's my prediction for the end of their career. Thats more than ten years away. I think they are all comparable players. Cosgrove has been the luckiest of the three to be first pick in a great team for two years of his career

Great team for 2 years in his career? We have been pretty shite the last 2 seasons, no better than moults motherwell team when he played.

26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ok i'll give up with that argument. But i'm just not a fan of Cosgrove. Take any money and run

Cosgrove isn't amazing, but he's scored a fair amount of goals. I also don't think we have been playing to his strengths the last couple of years. 

Shockley was, and still is, garbage. 

£2.2 million was the original figure quoted in the press. Within a day it had crept up to 3 million Euros, so around £2.8 million I think. But aye...we definitely showed our hand whichever figure might be accurate. Last December we were talking about £5 million being too low a valuation but his lack of playing time through injuries/loss of form has seen that plummet. He's now got something like just over 20 months left on his contract so to maximise his worth, we need him back in the side and scoring regularly before Xmas. 

He seems to have made his preference for a move back to England fairly well known....Derby have started the season in shockingly bad fashion, hopefully they at least will be in the market for a new striker come January in a desperate season salvaging move. Noticed that Shinnie is once again struggling fort game time. Was subbed off at half time last week and couldn't even make it off the bench yesterday. £2.5million plus Shinnie thrown in anyone? Although we would definitely need to offload either Ojo or McGeouch to make space for him in the squad which might be easier said than done.

47 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

£2.2 million was the original figure quoted in the press. Within a day it had crept up to 3 million Euros, so around £2.8 million I think. But aye...we definitely showed our hand whichever figure might be accurate. Last December we were talking about £5 million being too low a valuation but his lack of playing time through injuries/loss of form has seen that plummet. He's now got something like just over 20 months left on his contract so to maximise his worth, we need him back in the side and scoring regularly before Xmas. 

He seems to have made his preference for a move back to England fairly well known....Derby have started the season in shockingly bad fashion, hopefully they at least will be in the market for a new striker come January in a desperate season salvaging move. Noticed that Shinnie is once again struggling fort game time. Was subbed off at half time last week and couldn't even make it off the bench yesterday. £2.5million plus Shinnie thrown in anyone? Although we would definitely need to offload either Ojo or McGeouch to make space for him in the squad which might be easier said than done.

We should maybe try to extend his contract for another year now. Would be fair to us . Get him scoring again and maximise in the summer next year 

13 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Lots of big Cosgrove fans on here then? Am not convinced. 

Stockley has established himself in the england championship. 

Edit to say Stockley is definitely pretty shite

Fair enough to say you’re not convinced yet, but comparisons with some players mentioned aren’t very accurate (like Stockley which you’ve admitted). If we get his confidence back after injury and he joins in the current work rate the team has, he’ll be worth a decent bit of money. We could all see he got a bit lazy after figuring out how to score in this league (pens included)

On 9/21/2020 at 3:08 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Logan and McGinn will leave in the summer. McGinn has been a great servant but the legs are starting to go now.  Same with Logan to a lesser degree. 

If he does go I'd like to see us attempt to sign Danny McNamara (currently on loan at St Johnstone). He looks looks a good young player.

If a decent offer comes in for Cosgrove - sell him and attempt to sign Watkins permanently.

Lewis Smith from Hamilton looks a good young talent (20 years old) and obviously Allan Campbell from Motherwell (out of contract next summer).