Out Of Contract

Just now, RUL said:

I'm sure there has been some goals he's been at fault for. However most weeks he's been fairly solid. It's not our defence that is the issue most games. We've just got no creativity.

Agree there but we'll achieve nothing with utter shite like Taylor in the squad.

If Hornby joins as expected then we are up to 13 players out of contract this summer.

Shaping up to be an exciting summer with over half the squad changing out.

Four new strikers required and looks like they may all be unknowns. Of course we could still go for Watkins, or re-sign Main, but the main one I thought would be a lock was Ross Stewart.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If Hornby joins as expected then we are up to 13 players out of contract this summer.

Shaping up to be an exciting summer with over half the squad changing out.

Four new strikers required and looks like they may all be unknowns. Of course we could still go for Watkins, or re-sign Main, but the main one I thought would be a lock was Ross Stewart.

It's an even bigger rebuild than the ones in 2017 and 2019 I think. And likely to have to be achieved with less money to play with. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

It's an even bigger rebuild than the ones in 2017 and 2019 I think. And likely to have to be achieved with less money to play with. 

A lot will hinge if we land the Europa PO spot.

Get it and it's shades on and loving life.

Miss out and it's being burdened by debt for ten years.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

A lot will hinge if we land the Europa PO spot.

Get it and it's shades on and loving life.

Miss out and it's being burdened by debt for ten years.

Scotland are rising to 9th and 8th in the UEFA co-efficient for 2022 and 2023 so 3rd (depending on who wins the Scottish Cup) could have 3 seasons of guaranteed group stage football in either the Europa or Conference League. 

4 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Scotland are rising to 9th and 8th in the UEFA co-efficient for 2022 and 2023 so 3rd (depending on who wins the Scottish Cup) could have 3 seasons of guaranteed group stage football in either the Europa or Conference League. 

Quality over quantity for me this summer. 

I'd rather we made a smaller amount of decent signings and topped up the squad with our younger players rather than spreading the budget too thin on mediocrity 

Oops, quoted the wrong post 

Just now, Millertime said:

I'm sure it's " only " 2m for qualifying for Europa and about 150k per win, so the conference will be tiny?

Aye. Unless they've got a lot extra money to play with.  Otherwise you'd think the numbers would be pretty small. 

Which is fine when you can get gate receipts on top but otherwise you need a bigger squad for very little gain? 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, I know

And the conference?

It's not announced yet as above.

I'm hopeful we can get the spot and win the PO tie. I think the club and fans, and equally well Hibs if it is them, will look at a one off tie differently to the normal daunting prospect 

12 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d like the club to use the Cosgrove money to offer decent contracts to the likes of Hoban & Hedges. Also with Hornsby set to sign it still leaves us with potentially no strikers come the summer. With our main summer target (Stewart) out of the picture I wonder who we target next. 

There is no money, it’s going on bottom line debt

10 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d like the club to use the Cosgrove money to offer decent contracts to the likes of Hoban & Hedges. Also with Hornsby set to sign it still leaves us with potentially no strikers come the summer. With our main summer target (Stewart) out of the picture I wonder who we target next. 

Four strikers probably needed.

Watkins will be a first choice but after that who knows. Which could probably result in Main getting a new contract if he somehow manages to knock in 4 or 5 goals in the remaining games

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

It will be cool though being in a group stage, prob still some teams that are very recognisable 

Hope it gets its own spine tingling theme tune for at the start as the teams line up!

We would be in pot 3 of the Conference League group stage as things stand. Pot 1 at present is Napoli, Basel, Monchebgladbach, Astana, Standard Liege, AZ Alkmaar, LASK and Feyenoord.

Everton, Granada, AEK Athens, Ferencvaros, BATE are scheduled to be in pot 2.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Four strikers probably needed.

Watkins will be a first choice but after that who knows. Which could probably result in Main getting a new contract if he somehow manages to knock in 4 or 5 goals in the remaining games

I would take Watkins back but is he not on £10k just now? He’d need to take a hefty wage cut. I think with Main as mentioned in the another chat his attitude does stink and i’d be surprised if he was keen to stay. 

Just now, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I would take Watkins back but is he not on £10k just now? He’d need to take a hefty wage cut. I think with Main as mentioned in the another chat his attitude does stink and i’d be surprised if he was keen to stay. 

Not sure it's quite that high....I saw £8k quoted a few weeks back. But he's going out of contract, and is now 30. Any contract he earns from this summer onwards won't be on as good terms as he's now considered past his peak. He's also only played 25 times for Bristol in two and a half years. 

If he were to join us he'd be among our top earners.....I don't think £2.5k/wk is going to persuade him to relocate 500 odd miles north. But I'm not sure that he's going to have a huge mumber of offers from elsewhere either.

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If we can find a club mug enough to take Ojo off our hands there is hope yet we can bin that useless huddy Main off on someone as well?

Like it or not he's going nowhere. 24 hours left in the window, 5 months left on his contract, currently injured anyway. Nope he's going nowhere

• Haha 1