Out Of Contract

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Why only a year? He is a back up keeper surely he can get 3 years to match Joe so we can worry about the "bigger fish" moving forward?

No. One year because I have a half thought about replacing Joe. So, at the moment, let's leave that as an option next summer.

If we are going for total football (absolute lol by the way but lets see) then Joe is not gonna be the best option

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

No. One year because I have a half thought about replacing Joe. So, at the moment, let's leave that as an option next summer.

If we are going for total football (absolute lol by the way but lets see) then Joe is not gonna be the best option

I'd be amazed if Joe goes before his contract is up. He will be one of our highest earners, another team would need to take that on; We can't afford to pay another goalkeeper his wage IMO so will be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract.

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I'd be amazed if Joe goes before his contract is up. He will be one of our highest earners, another team would need to take that on; We can't afford to pay another goalkeeper his wage IMO so will be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract.

We could bring in a Danny Ward type but anyways. It's not a thought for the next two transfer window. Probably almost bottom priority.

19 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I’d be amazed if he goes because he’s the best keeper we’ve had for about 20 years. Ward the only one that’s close 

So by the looks of it then Logan, Taylor, Devlin and Leigh at least leaving in the summer. If Mcginn contributes like last night I can see him getting offered a 1 year deal but he might be greedy and want a 2 year deal so he might look elsewhere. Anderson reported to have been offered a deal. Is Hoban the only other player out of contract? I’m not sure if he’ll be offered one and if he is if he’d even what to stay on or move back down south.

Just now, North_Andy_Dandy said:

So by the looks of it then Logan, Taylor, Devlin and Leigh at least leaving in the summer. If Mcginn contributes like last night I can see him getting offered a 1 year deal but he might be greedy and want a 2 year deal so he might look elsewhere. Anderson reported to have been offered a deal. Is Hoban the only other player out of contract? I’m not sure if he’ll be offered one and if he is if he’d even what to stay on or move back down south.

I think Logan, Taylor, Devlin and Leigh all need to leave at the end of the season. All remnants of the McInnes era.

I think Glass could get Hoban performing to his best so would keep him. Get Declan Gallagher in and another CB (Anton Walkes?). Drop Considine to the bench and play Mackenzie ahead of him at left back. Get a new right back. I really hope Hernandez comes back.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

He's getting the Logan treatment by the look of it whereas maybe the other out of contract lads are still up for grabs

He's injured. May make last game of the season but unlikely. 

Was very critical of Sheerin's training and pinned that as the cause of his injury. 

17 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I think Niall would snatch your hand off for a one year deal right now. 

11 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I think Logan, Taylor, Devlin and Leigh all need to leave at the end of the season. All remnants of the McInnes era.

I think Glass could get Hoban performing to his best so would keep him. Get Declan Gallagher in and another CB (Anton Walkes?). Drop Considine to the bench and play Mackenzie ahead of him at left back. Get a new right back. I really hope Hernandez comes back.

Why do you really hope Hernandez comes back? 

And anyway if you were him would you want to come back? 

Best for both parties to move on. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Niall would snatch your hand off for a one year deal right now. 

He might but then I wouldn’t be offering him the same money he’s on just now and next season of Hedges is fit I’d see Mcginn as a back up player. The likes of Hearts might just throw money at him and offer him a longer contract and more game time. 

7 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

He might but then I wouldn’t be offering him the same money he’s on just now and next season of Hedges is fit I’d see Mcginn as a back up player. The likes of Hearts might just throw money at him and offer him a longer contract and more game time. 

They'll offer McGinn a 4 year deal at 5k a week knowing them.

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why do you really hope Hernandez comes back? 

And anyway if you were him would you want to come back? 

Best for both parties to move on. 

I don't think he was given a fair chance under McInnes. Cormack mentioned in his interview a few weeks ago that the formation McInnes was using didn't suit Hernandez hence why he didn't feature.

He must have something about him if he's featured so often for the Venezuelan national side and has been previously instructed to mark Messi when playing Argentina.

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

He must have something about him if he's featured so often for the Venezuelan national side and has been previously instructed to mark Messi when playing Argentina.

??

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

I don't think he was given a fair chance under McInnes. Cormack mentioned in his interview a few weeks ago that the formation McInnes was using didn't suit Hernandez hence why he didn't feature.

My money is on us never seeing him back here again. 

He'll quietly move to Atlanta (or somewhere else in the Americas) for an undisclosed fee next January once he's been properly forgotten about over here and everyone's attention has moved on to other things.