Out Of Contract

If its true, and it's a big if, then the club obviously aren't that bothered about him staying. 

There's so many players leaving this summer that it would be fairly easy, even in the current circumstances, to put a decent offer together. 

McGinn and Logan's wages alone must be a fair whack let alone the other 14 that are out of contract. 

1 hour ago, The_Next_Legend said:

I've heard what we've offered him & don't blame Wright for moving on at all. Pandemic or not, it's a shite offer and Aberdeen/Cormack/McInnes are quite happy to dish out 3k willy nilly to boys like Ojo.

Someone mentioned about he was happy to sit and collect a wage when he does his ACL... honestly a grown adult greeting about a young player getting injured, come on min. Far bigger wage thiefs at the club.

He will go to England and earn a lot more than what we have offered, it's a no brainer on his part. McInnes/Aberdeen clearly don't rate him as high as he'd have wanted or they'd have offered him more.

Plus he's only said he wants to explore his options, he might end up staying if no one offers him anything of value down the road.

Hi Scott please stay 

2 hours ago, The_Next_Legend said:

I've heard what we've offered him & don't blame Wright for moving on at all. Pandemic or not, it's a shite offer and Aberdeen/Cormack/McInnes are quite happy to dish out 3k willy nilly to boys like Ojo.

Someone mentioned about he was happy to sit and collect a wage when he does his ACL... honestly a grown adult greeting about a young player getting injured, come on min. Far bigger wage thiefs at the club.

He will go to England and earn a lot more than what we have offered, it's a no brainer on his part. McInnes/Aberdeen clearly don't rate him as high as he'd have wanted or they'd have offered him more.

Plus he's only said he wants to explore his options, he might end up staying if no one offers him anything of value down the road.

I'm not sure that's true. Regardless of how long he's out injured he always comes straight into the fold. 

Despite a mixed bag of performances McInnes always seems to stick with him.

Still, you're right in the sense he will find someone offering more money than Aberdeen.

15 minutes ago, Dad said:

Much obliged Dyno son

A lot to learn TC son - a fucking lot

I romped home with a treble at the weekend......Spurs, Crystal Palace and Norwich....just a fraction short of 6/1, £10 stake. I cashed out with 8 minutes to go as Norwich were sitting on a precarious 1 goal lead for £56.72

You could learn a lot from me.....a fucking lot

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

None of the regular first team squad players are on as little as £1k a week ?

We would have had to match or improve his current deal to hold any hope of compensation. No way Wright was only on £1k pw or less. 
He’d make more selling his arse

He was on his second "adult" contract with us. The first one signed at age 17 would supercede the youth contract he would have been on...they are generally at or around national minimum wage. So it's not inconceivable that when he signed the one at age 17, he got a bit of a payrise up to maybe £550-600/week. Then with his second one aged 20 he got another rise up to maybe £750/week or so. It's more than most young loons of that age would be earning although in football terms at our level yes it's pretty poor.....but still more than the likes of Hamilton pay some of their players.

I'm only surmising here btw. And if the £1k/week offer is true, I'd say the club really couldn't give a shit about him staying on

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He was on his second "adult" contract with us. The first one signed at age 17 would supercede the youth contract he would have been on...they are generally at or around national minimum wage. So it's not inconceivable that when he signed the one at age 17, he got a bit of a payrise up to maybe £550-600/week. Then with his second one aged 20 he got another rise up to maybe £750/week or so. It's more than most young loons of that age would be earning although in football terms at our level yes it's pretty poor.....but still more than the likes of Hamilton pay some of their players.

I'm only surmising here btw. And if the £1k/week offer is true, I'd say the club really couldn't give a shit about him staying on

Seem to remember a similar figure being invented that we offered Ryan Fraser which was never proven & taken as gospel 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. It just doesn't square that we'd offer such a poor deal to a guy that's been a first choice pick all season when there's so many others likely to leave at the end of their contracts in the summer. 

McInnes even said Aberdeen had been negotiating with Wright and his agent for the past 4 months and did everything they could to get him to extend his contract. Im wondering if Dave Cormack is aware of a potential shut down or at least is bracing the club for the season finishing early again. 

January 2021

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Taylor does ok in 80% of matches, unfortunately his errors are more often than not catastrophic. No real faith that the current management team can source an upgrade.

Well we need a minimum of four central defenders (probably more if we think we might have three at the back as the first plan for next season) so i'd guess Taylor will get the choice to stay