Out Of Contract

35 minutes ago, paddy said:

Seems to be universally liked man. I'm gutted he is leaving but wish him all the best. Cheers Tomas!

Yeah definitely seems like a top bloke, shame for his career to end like that but for his performance away to Hibs alone he'll always be applauded by us ?

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I have been dreading this day.

From being a young loon heading to Pittodrie and watching Stewart McKimmie, 25 years my senior, playing.... the clock has been ticking.

The day has come.... I am now officially older than the entire Aberdeen squad ?

Same for me! ?

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I see the p and j are saying we're close to extending McLennan's deal. 

I think I'm in the minority but I'll be pleased if he stays on.  Think we might have a late developer there. 

I'm absolutely fine with it. Don't ever expect him to be a world-beater but he has raw pace, something that we don't possess a huge amount of.

Another couple of years for a player who won't be breaking any budgets makes sense

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm absolutely fine with it. Don't ever expect him to be a world-beater but he has raw pace, something that we don't possess a huge amount of.

Another couple of years for a player who won't be breaking any budgets makes sense

Got to remember he's still only 21. Yes, he might not be/shouldn't be in the starting line up but I'd far rather he complimented the squad over unheard of players plying their trade in the English 3rd or 4th tier.

Aye he's worth a new deal. Infuriates the fuck out of me quite a lot but do think there is something there to make him more than decent at this level.  

Hopefully he progresses and starts using the heid a bit better. My worry is he goes that way of Scott Muirhead. All pace, nae ability or brain. 

21 minutes ago, NEM said:

I like McLennan. probably in part due to his winner at snake mountain 

Would like to see him played up front for a few games, think he might be better suited there than the wing. 

No question of that, if played through the middle, he’s got a chance of making it here. Playing off a big guy like Cosgrove might be the making of him.

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Aye he's worth a new deal. Infuriates the fuck out of me quite a lot but do think there is something there to make him more than decent at this level.  

Hopefully he progresses and starts using the heid a bit better. My worry is he goes that way of Scott Muirhead. All pace, nae ability or brain. 

Has a touch of the Josh Magennis about him I always feel. 

Relies on his athletic ability over his footballing ability to get by.