Out Of Contract

33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He wasn't yesterday

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Erm, yeah and he wasn't?

:spanner:

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He wasn’t 

Fair enough, I previously said I didn’t watch yesterday’s game.

I just presumed given he was on the bench v Utd.

Lucky for Woods them else Lewis would’ve likely been back in if fully fit

Fraser Hornby  -- Get rid

Callum Hendry - Potential sign

Flo Kamberi - Get rid doesnt cut it most of the time.

Gary Woods - Sign up

Shay Logan - Time to go, thanks for the service to the club

Greg Leigh -- Showed some Potential but not enough, sorry but time to move on.

Michael Devlin -- Decent player but injuries stricken career, time to move on, unless maybe one year contract.

Ash Taylor -- Sign up

Tommie Hoban -- Sign up

Ethan Ross -- Not sure, not seen him play.

Niall McGinn -- Sign up, only at reduced terms wage

Bruce Anderson - Sign up

• Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Gary Woods - Sign up

Michael Devlin -- Decent player but injuries stricken career, time to move on, unless maybe one year contract.

Ash Taylor -- Sign up

Tommie Hoban -- Sign up

Bruce Anderson - Sign up

Wow

That's not just fishing..........it's an industrial scale trawling operation

19 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Gary Woods - Sign up

Ash Taylor -- Sign up

Tommie Hoban -- Sign up

Bruce Anderson - Sign up

Lolz

24 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Fraser Hornby  -- Get rid ON LOAN, NO CHOICE

Callum Hendry - Potential sign - NOT GOOD ENOUGH & COST A FEE 

Flo Kamberi - Get rid doesnt cut it most of the time.ON LOAN, NO CHOICE

Gary Woods - Sign up AGREE

Shay Logan - Time to go, thanks for the service to the club AGREE

Greg Leigh -- Showed some Potential but not enough, sorry but time to move on.DID HE? HE’S PISH

Michael Devlin -- Decent player but injuries stricken career, time to move on, unless maybe one year contract. 3 GOOD MONTHS OUT OF 3 YEARS - PISH 

Ash Taylor -- Sign up NO, NOT IF WE WANT TO IMPROVE 

Tommie Hoban -- Sign up - BEEN PISH LAST 4 MONTHS. I’D BE 40/60 AGAINST NOW

Ethan Ross -- Not sure, not seen him play.NOT GOOD ENOUGH - RELEASE

Niall McGinn -- Sign up, only at reduced terms wage MAYBE 12 MONTHS

Bruce Anderson - Sign up - NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 2 GOALS IN 12 & NONE IN LAST 9 FOR HAMILTON - RELEASE 

Just my tuppence worth 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reach-decision-on-permanent-deal-for-shay-logan-3222881

Looks like Hearts aren't gonna be signing Logan.

As others mentioned was a good servant to us but he's been on a sharp decline for years now, thanks for the memories and all the best pal

Found it a bizarre loan signing for them anyway. He's just no longer SPL standard and he joined a Hearts side who knew they were going up. 

Fully expect him next season to be maintaining Cove's bogs and heating midweek and playing for them on weekends

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Found it a bizarre loan signing for them anyway. He's just no longer SPL standard and he joined a Hearts side who knew they were going up. 

Fully expect him next season to be maintaining Cove's bogs and heating midweek and playing for them on weekends

Aye a very weird signing.

Can maybe see him at either Dundee side potentially but aye Cove is probably his level and means he can keep his business going well

1 minute ago, paddy said:

I find it weird how a professional club in the top tier would accept a player having a part-time job.

Yet joking right?

We all know Messi drives a taxi in Barcelona, Kane is a window cleaner with a decent round at Canary wharf and Jack is a rent boy in Glasgow.

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, paddy said:

I find it weird how a professional club in the top tier would accept a player having a part-time job.

How is that remotely weird? He's not going to retire a millionaire. He is setting himself up for life after football. It's not like he's a 22 year old striker with a part time job stacking shelves at asda

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Is Rory Macalister not already doing that for cove 

1 hour ago, paddy said:

As long as it doesn’t get in the way of what the club are paying him to do, why would they care?

It’s not as if the club have been keeping him overly busy this past year or so anyway.

I find it odd from both player and club sides.

Surely the club would want 100% focus on football? I can definitely see how labouring jobs may have an effect on the physical requirements of being a professional footballer.

Also, where on earth do they find the time? They would have to juggle footy and family life, and then also have to fit in another job? Something like plumbing would take up a lot of your time surely!

I get that players have short careers and it is wise to think about life after football.
You’d think all that money they get, they would have stored some away to start a new business after they retire?

6 minutes ago, paddy said:

I find it odd from both player and club sides.

Surely the club would want 100% focus on football? I can definitely see how labouring jobs may have an effect on the physical requirements of being a professional footballer.

Also, where on earth do they find the time? They would have to juggle footy and family life, and then also have to fit in another job? Something like plumbing would take up a lot of your time surely!

I get that players have short careers and it is wise to think about life after football.
You’d think all that money they get, they would have stored some away to start a new business after they retire?

That's what he's doing. Starting a new business. But clearly smart enough to want to hit the floor running when he finishes playing. 

Footballers finish for the day at around lunch time. Most of them just go and hang around Nandos or play their playstation after that. 

I doubt Logan gets paid anywhere near as much as you think. We won't be seeing pictures of him posing on top of a Lamborghini like that wee fudd Maddisson

The PFA actively encourage players to do educational/vocational courses whilst they are still playing. I think clubs are all onboard with this and will allow players a certain amount of their time to undertake this.

As has been said, Logan won't retire as a multi-millionaire. He would probably be able to live fairly comfortably off his pension and savings if he so chose but good to see he has started up a new business that will give him a steady income on top. But it won't work as a full time footballer alongside. But it will work very well with him playing and training part-time

May 2021

Fraser Hornby - on loan from Reims

Callum Hendry - on loan from St Johnstone

Flo Kamberi - on loan from St Gallen

Shay Logan

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Ethan Ross 

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson - on loan at Hamilton

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo - on loan at Wigan

Miko Virtanen

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

May 2023

Gary Woods

Jack Mackenzie

Declan Gallagher

Dean Campbell

Scott Brown

Matty Kennedy

Connor McLennan

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez - on loan at Atlanta United

Calvin Ramsay

Ross McCrorie

Lewis Ferguson

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

May 2021

Fraser Hornby - on loan from Reims

Callum Hendry - on loan from St Johnstone

Flo Kamberi - on loan from St Gallen

Shay Logan

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Ethan Ross 

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson - on loan at Hamilton

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo - on loan at Wigan

Miko Virtanen

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

May 2023

Gary Woods

Jack Mackenzie

Dean Campbell

Scott Brown

Matty Kennedy

Connor McLennan

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez - on loan at Atlanta United

Calvin Ramsay

Ross McCrorie

Lewis Ferguson

Why didn’t you add Gallagher? He’s now under same category as Brown on ‘pre’ contract. Why include one but not the other? You think he’s more likely to change his mind

Reading that team my wish list would be

One full back - dont think we should go with both Ramsay and Mackenzie as first picks (for 40 games). I wonder if we buy a RB knowing we have Consi and Hayes as other LB options after Mackenzie.

One first pick centre back - Time to phase Consi out and not convinced on putting Mccrorie in there for 40 matches.

Two wingers - Aim to keep Hedges central and i think mclennan, kennedy and hayes are not to be depended on if we want to improve drastically

Three strikers - I think ideally we add one winger and two strikers of VERY high quality then things will be looking so much better. 

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why didn’t you add Gallagher? He’s now under same category as Brown on ‘pre’ contract. Why include one but not the other? You think he’s more likely to change his mind

Good spot. Added. Need some exciting attacking players now. One winger and preferably two strikers of international standard.

We can probably then stomach having slightly lower level of signings for a RB, CB, second winger and third striker. Could well include an atlanta loan or two which will wind up some of the fans

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Reading that team my wish list would be

One full back - dont think we should go with both Ramsay and Mackenzie as first picks (for 40 games). I wonder if we buy a RB knowing we have Consi and Hayes as other LB options after Mackenzie.

One first pick centre back - Time to phase Consi out and not convinced on putting Mccrorie in there for 40 matches.

Two wingers - Aim to keep Hedges central and i think mclennan, kennedy and hayes are not to be depended on if we want to improve drastically

Three strikers - I think ideally we add one winger and two strikers of VERY high quality then things will be looking so much better. 

I don’t think we will sign a RB either. Between Ramsay, McRorie we are covered there & equally same/similar standard on LB with macKenzie & Considine. Obviously not ideal but because of this I think it more likely we will sign (& get rid of ) more midfielders than likelihood of signings FB’s. Never know though.

Three striker next/main priority now though for sure & RW 

im certainly not against the idea of just two great strikers with likes of McGinn & Anderson as back up

36 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Good spot. Added. Need some exciting attacking players now. One winger and preferably two strikers of international standard.

We can probably then stomach having slightly lower level of signings for a RB, CB, second winger and third striker. Could well include an atlanta loan or two which will wind up some of the fans

Be careful what you wish for,that could be lafferty??