Out Of Contract

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Anderson stays by default. Loan him out in August if we get the strikers we want.

The rest should really all be moved on.

McGinn if he is now on Ross County / Hamilton wages for his other offers then it might be interesting for us to make that offer.

Everyone else GOODBYE

Why would you loan Anderson out? He’s 21/22, he’s either good enough to be in our squad, or he should be binned.
I’d personally go with the latter but fuck giving him another contract and another loan period.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Why would you loan Anderson out? He’s 21/22, he’s either good enough to be in our squad, or he should be binned.
I’d personally go with the latter but fuck giving him another contract and another loan period.

23 in September. Loaning him out for another year would make him almost 24 by the time he comes back. 

How old is he going to be before he is deemed ready?  All indications are that he's going to miss the boat here. I think it's best for both parties to start afresh as there will be expectation here for bigger names up front after this year's attacking shit show (failed to score in 15 league games!!) 

Did Virtonen get a new contract? If not, him and Ethan Ross are tatties, if they are not getting game time during this evaluation period.

Not sure how long a contract we gave Mark Gallagher but would suggest he find a new club too.

We’re going to be stuck with Hayes, McGeough, Kennedy, maybe even Ojo, cos of the dough they will be on. People talk about the days of Eddie Turnbull and his axe but the manager had all the power in them days.

Cheers, Derek

40 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Did Virtonen get a new contract? If not, him and Ethan Ross are tatties, if they are not getting game time during this evaluation period.

Not sure how long a contract we gave Mark Gallagher but would suggest he find a new club too.

We’re going to be stuck with Hayes, McGeough, Kennedy, maybe even Ojo, cos of the dough they will be on. People talk about the days of Eddie Turnbull and his axe but the manager had all the power in them days.

Cheers, Derek

Virtonen got another year bizarrely and has been injured ever since

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

23 in September. Loaning him out for another year would make him almost 24 by the time he comes back. 

How old is he going to be before he is deemed ready?  All indications are that he's going to miss the boat here. I think it's best for both parties to start afresh as there will be expectation here for bigger names up front after this year's attacking shit show (failed to score in 15 league games!!) 

Anderson gets a contract by default. 

The best scenario is a club wants to sign him for a nominal transfer fee but he needs the contract on the table so we can protect that position.

The arguement to sign him (and loan him out in August) is 1) to protect that potential nominal transfer fee and 2) cover a place in the squad as it may be 2 to 3 months until we have our 3 strikers all in place.

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The best scenario is a club wants to sign him for a nominal transfer fee but he needs the contract on the table so we can protect that position.

The arguement to sign him (and loan him out in August) is 1) to protect that potential nominal transfer fee and 2) cover a place in the squad as it may be 2 to 3 months until we have our 3 strikers all in place.

Yeah that's fair enough. 

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

1) If he's 23 in September, there will be no development fee applicable for him next summer.

Just now, Millertime said:

Agreed, but quite the turnaround

When he first played it looked like a coup!

We played to his strengths and he got a rest, as we were concerned about him getting injured. 

He looks totally uncomfortable now and he's probably knackered with all the football he's been playing. 

I think he looked decent with McKenna next to him, possibly got confidence as he was there. Then Scott left and the pressure was on him, with the injuries he then started to have to play every game and he crumbled big style! Going to be an issue for any club going forward who gives him a contract, I would suggest he’s waiting for Dels next gig

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Can it be as simple as that, just needing a break?

Surely if that's the case we would just rest him every few games!

I always laugh when I hear folk say or write, a player is burnt out, played too much, needs a break. You see these guys in the cycling Tours complaining? You know how much energy gets expended not just on a 3 week lap of France, but all the training and prep that goes into it? Marathon/Ultra Marathon runners, out training all the time... the list of pro-sportsmen and woman goes on and on.

Our lot - train for what, 4 mornings a week and then on average one game of 90 mins on a weekend? I could understand if we were talking about guys in their 40's or 50's, but mid to late 20's or whatever Hoban is? Come on... give me a break.

4 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I always laugh when I hear folk say or write, a player is burnt out, played too much, needs a break. You see these guys in the cycling Tours complaining? You know how much energy gets expended not just on a 3 week lap of France, but all the training and prep that goes into it? Marathon/Ultra Marathon runners, out training all the time... the list of pro-sportsmen and woman goes on and on.

Our lot - train for what, 4 mornings a week and then on average one game of 90 mins on a weekend? I could understand if we were talking about guys in their 40's or 50's, but mid to late 20's or whatever Hoban is? Come on... give me a break.

But guys cycling aren't getting their shins booted/toes stamped on etc 

Might only cause a bit of bruising but takes it's toll when you can't get rested for a game or two every now and again. Not to mention the problems he's had with his knees.

Hopefully he gets himself fixed up with a team in the EFL but I wouldn't be at all surprised if his next stop is non-league football

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

4th best defensive record in the league. So for all we slate Taylor, Considine and Hoban - that really was the least of our worries. 

Just looking at the state of our 12 team league in Scotland.... 9 teams conceded more goals than they scored!!! Jesus

Back to the bad old days when two teams rack up massive point and goal differences and the rest are lucky if they have any sort of positive goal difference at all. 

It's what the sky viewers want apparently. 

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

But guys cycling aren't getting their shins booted/toes stamped on etc 

Might only cause a bit of bruising but takes it's toll when you can't get rested for a game or two every now and again. Not to mention the problems he's had with his knees.

Hopefully he gets himself fixed up with a team in the EFL but I wouldn't be at all surprised if his next stop is non-league football

Aye, I do know how football works.... you pick up injuries, but that is nothing to do with being tired from playing too much. Plenty players go through season after season and hardly miss any mins. Logan I think played a really high percentage of games. His knee was either fixed or it wasn't. You don't play chicken with these injuries (look at VVD as an example).

Other sportsmen and woman pick up injuries - quite a lot of the time through training. Swimmers, runners, cyclists. You don't hear their fans saying.... christ, Chris Froome is blowing out of his arse - probably needs a day off tomorrow. Blowing out of his arse as had a near career ending injury and lacked the prep to compete at the highest level. Our lot are playing at a level way below those at elite level. You see the amount of running/miles the likes of Bayern, Man City, Barca do during a game - they are miles fitter than our lads. I think that much was alluded to by Anderson and co and hopefully something Glass recognised early doors if you are to playing a high tempo, high press game.

Like others, I saw a player in Hoban but he was at right back when he joined and I don't think he has the composure to handle the pressure of being a centre back.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Back to the bad old days when two teams rack up massive point and goal differences and the rest are lucky if they have any sort of positive goal difference at all. 

It's what the sky viewers want apparently. 

Its really deflating isn't it. 

Crowds were up at all grounds. You could see the other clubs could not only survive by only playing one set of games against "them", but thrive. A bigger league would make Scottish football so much better overall in the long term. But they are too thick to see that picture and just focus on the 2 sides constantly playing each other, while the overall quality of the league (including them) gets worse every decade

7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Its really deflating isn't it. 

Crowds were up at all grounds. You could see the other clubs could not only survive by only playing one set of games against "them", but thrive. A bigger league would make Scottish football so much better overall in the long term. But they are too thick to see that picture and just focus on the 2 sides constantly playing each other, while the overall quality of the league (including them) gets worse every decade

Aye. 

We should really be playing each other twice. 

They should just create a two legged Glasgow Cup final and throw that in as part of the deal if they really need 4 games against each other 

14 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

When do player contracts run out? is it June 1st?

So should be some announcements very soon.

A lot of them are 30th June.....they're entitled to a shitload of paid annual leave making up for playing theoretically continually from the start of August until mid May

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

We should really be playing each other twice. 

They should just create a two legged Glasgow Cup final and throw that in as part of the deal if they really need 4 games against each other 

Better still resign from the league en mass and leave them to play each other 38 times a season