Out Of Contract

I would think that Considine will be offered a new deal, I canna see the club organising a testimonial; for him then binning him

See Darren Mackie

Considine will 100% get a new deal. He's playing in the first team, won't be too high a wage and testimonial season as you said.

I'd hazard a guess Considine is one of the higher earners at the club

• Upvote 1

Fine&Dandy and Tup both said that.

A number of years ago, one pre-season, while we were still totally shite, there was a thread on here where members were posting their reasons for buying a season ticket. Most folk were giving reasons like 'blind loyalty,' 'through habit' or because they just enjoyed a day out with their pals. It was round the time, when year after year, Stewart Milne was trotting out statements regarding 'feasibility studies' and other such nonsense...

Fine'n'Dandy replied that he was only buying a season ticket because it was going to be our last year at Pittodrie. I will always remember that absolute nugget.

A number of years ago, one pre-season, while we were still totally shite, there was a thread on here where members were posting their reasons for buying a season ticket. Most folk were giving reasons like 'blind loyalty,' 'through habit' or because they just enjoyed a day out with their pals. It was round the time, when year after year, Stewart Milne was trotting out statements regarding 'feasibility studies' and other such nonsense... Fine'n'Dandy replied that he was only buying a season ticket because it was going to be our last year at Pittodrie. I will always remember that absolute nugget.

I was renewing anyway & gave that as a shite excuse for doing so because the football was almost at an all time low you fkn nugget

DONS boss Derek McInnes will enter contract talks with David Goodwillie and Andrew Considine after the festive period.

Strikers Niall McGinn, Adam Rooney and Lawrence Shankland, and defender Scott McKenna, have all been secured on fresh contracts covering at least the next two years.

Defender Considine and striker Goodwillie are among the small group of first team regulars who are due to become free agents in the summer.

McInnes confirmed he’s likely to speak to them after the festive break.

The Aberdeen manager said: “It’s great the bulk of the squad are now signed up.

“We will get around to speaking to a few others as we move into the new year. They include Andrew and David.

“All the players know they have an opportunity to be part of what we are trying to build here at Aberdeen

“If we want them, hopefully they will want to be with us.”

Source: Evening Express

McManus is returning to AFC for second half of season. Can only assume either he is taking Monakana's place and will be used as a option for wide midfield or it is intended to put Shankland out on loan again.

Given Shankland is getting zero game time bringing McManus back as an option for up front doesnt seem logical

Gone are the days when we don't even bother speaking to players until they have about 3 weeks of their contract left. It's great

Never understood why we did that? Always infuriated me the way previous managers handled contract extensions. DM is clearly on the ball and if we do retain the services of Johnny Hayes for a few more years, it only helps show the progress this club is making. Generally believe that a few more strong additions to the squad and Aberdeen can give Celtic a run for their money.

• Upvote 1

Just been talking to a mate who heard that Goodwillie doesn't like the city and is hoping for a move to Hearts at the end of the season. I've been singing his praises like many others and hope he signs up, but there's got to be a decent chance this is true? If he isn't signed up by the end of January, I would assume he isn't planning on staying. Possible supporting evidence would be the fact that in the match day programme he dodged the question and said he was just concentrating on playing.

My sister says she also sees him getting his hair cut at Toni&Guy in Stirling fairly regularly as well. Hadn't thought twice about it before and I certainly could be clutching at straws (hope I am) but would a settled player be at home often?

very poor return for a striker who has had more than his fair share of chances.

Goodwillie is a better player than I realised. His strength and hold up play is impressive. I would be happy for him to remain at Aberdeen as I think he improves the team. But the above is very true.... it's not like he isn't getting the chances. He's missed quite a few sitters. I'd like him to stay but wouldn't be distraught if he left.

He doesn't look overly happy here to be fair. The applause to the United end the other week instead of to The Shed showed where his heart is!