Out Of Contract

Absolutely delighted hayes and Considine have signed. Jack must be no1 priority to get signed up now or we will lose him to an English team in the summer. Continuity of this team bodes very well for the next few seasons. Cherry picking the odd player from other spfl teams like Shinnie, GMS, Christie or the like and a few others under the radar from England and we can only get better.

I remember being jealous of other teams ability to keep a hold of their better players, or at least get them to commit to longer deals to help their clubs.

Much like I'm sure the likes of Caley Thistle's fans are feeling right now.

Utd always seemed to have a good knack for this also.

Nice that Aberdeen have finally caught up in this department & that is mainly down to the manager.

I'm sure it's the flats on Crown Street.

Flood still lives on the outskirts of Dundee as his three kids are all in school there and he didn't want to unsettle them. I think DM allowing him to commute played a big part in him signing with AFC in the first place. Something I don't like to be honest - just look at how Jackie MacNamara turned out! He only stays at the Highland Hotel/Highland Apartments the day before a home game. No idea where Goodwillie stays. Be surprised if we allow him to commute from Stirling. A youngish guy like that should be willing to do whatever to get his career on track and not be signing on only if he can live with his mum.

Great news in regards to Hayes signing.

Not too chuffed on the Considine signing though.

Name a better back up centre half in the league? I agree, if he has been signed to be our LB it's not ideal but as a versatile squad player who can more than hold his own in a number of positions it's great business. In saying that I think Consi has been good in 75% of the games at LB this season. He was excellent yesterday. Didn't put a foot wrong. Shinnie is the answer though.

Who gives a fuck where they stay if they are playing well?

Jackie Mac wasn't shit because he stayed in Perth. He was shit because he was fucking shit.

Was even further south than that - think he was actually living in Dalkeith whilst playing for us. Should never have really been allowed. In fact, he should never have been signed.

Think it was Lee Miller who lived in Perth whilst with us.

Was even further south than that - think he was actually living in Dalkeith whilst playing for us. Should never have really been allowed. In fact, he should never have been signed.

Think it was Lee Miller who lived in Perth whilst with us.

Lee Miller lived in Westhill. Don't really see the problem with staying in Dundee, only an hour down the road. Can imagine it takes longer for players living and playing in the likes of London to commute back and fore.

I would say Jack is our biggest priority in the list of 2015 and 2016 contracts ending.

Jack holds all the aces I would say as likely looking for a big wage increase (guessing when he signed last time he wasn't installed as a top dog quite yet) whereas your likes of Hayes/McGinn/Rooney could quite conceivably have signed for a tiny increase or perhaps even no increase if they are already our top earners.

Also you have McGinn, Rooney, Reynolds and Hayes who have all tried England and maybe are not yearning to go back, and likes of Consi who maybe has no burning desire to move to test himself elsewhere. Perhaps Jack does want to keep his options open.

It could be an interesting shout of would you promise Jack the captaincy on Anderson retirement ahead of Reynolds who has served very well as vice captain.

Im hearing Jack has turned down New deal

I would understand if he wanted to move on but would think Del would be able to persuade him to sign on for an additional year and wait for the offer to come in.

I would say Jack is our biggest priority in the list of 2015 and 2016 contracts ending.

Jack holds all the aces I would say as likely looking for a big wage increase (guessing when he signed last time he wasn't installed as a top dog quite yet) whereas your likes of Hayes/McGinn/Rooney could quite conceivably have signed for a tiny increase or perhaps even no increase if they are already our top earners.

Also you have McGinn, Rooney, Reynolds and Hayes who have all tried England and maybe are not yearning to go back, and likes of Consi who maybe has no burning desire to move to test himself elsewhere. Perhaps Jack does want to keep his options open.

It could be an interesting shout of would you promise Jack the captaincy on Anderson retirement ahead of Reynolds who has served very well as vice captain.

Would be a poor piece of man management to essentially strip Reynolds of a (vice) captaincy he has claimed his right to. Promise Jack vice captaincy once Anderson has retired, an increase in wage to join the bracket of our top players and if he says he wants to play in England then fair enough. I would think he'd see the guys signing on around him and realise the team are on to something.

Jack wants to be involved with Scotland more and doesn't think he'll get the chance with us, so I've heard.

Can see him playing for a Wigan or a reading type team in the championship.

He's going to have bide his time on that front. Unfortunately for him that is one position where Scotland is stacked.

Im hearing Jack has turned down New deal

I think we should not sign players with the names Ryan, Fyvie, Jack, Fraser & Grimmer.

They are not fully committed to Aberdeen & willing to give back to the club after the club has made them who they are.

Also the names Langfield & Jamie are best avoided but for much worse reasons.

I think we should not sign players with the names Ryan, Fyvie, Jack, Fraser & Grimmer.

They are not fully committed to Aberdeen & willing to give back to the club after the club has made them who they are.

Also the names Langfield & Jamie are best avoided but for much worse reasons.

Jamie Winter was a superstar.

Great news on Considine and Hayes. Both have had their critics, particularly Considine, but they've stepped up to the plate and more than played their part. Another solid bit of business by the club.

Not so good on the Jack front, if true. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Goodwillie is one I would like to see staying. It's obvious he's a very good footballer but does seem to be frustrated at not scoring, which is only natural for a striker. I think he would start scoring if he could just get off the mark again. There is absolutely no doubt of what he offers though, he is technically one of the best in the whole squad and it would be foolish to let him go without a fight.

If rumour regarding Jack is true then it's hardly the disaster that was Ryan Fraser or Jack Grimmer.

We either have him for another 18 months until his contract runs out, or we get a decent wedge of cash for him in the summer (albeit % will go to bank given terms of debt deal).

I'm pretty sure he could be convinced to sign at least a 12 month extension for the purposes of getting more cash for him. There's no way clubs won't be paying attention to him.