Happy St Andys Day

The Cockney Don

• 11 months later...

^ I have a cracking fish based story from my childhood

Me and my pal (Boner) were fishing in the burn outside my hoose one day and caught a trout. The hook was well stuck in the thing, so Boner just ripped it's head clean aff. I then spotted my neighbour's car coming down the road, so grabbed the troot fae Bones and from around 50ft away - frizbeed it towards the car, hitting him on the face through a small gap on the window

What a row we got - pished ourselves, though

One of my greatest achievements.

+1 an excellent story which deserves to be celebrated more.

Few years ago my old boss asked if I’d like to go fishing with him and his son. The guy was a sound geezer and despite knowing fuck all about the sport I agreed.

Went out , bought a rod , weatherproof clothing etc , turned up at his house 7am and he goes “ What’s all this ? Where’s your laptop??”

Turns out we were going ‘phishing’ ie attempting to fraudulently retrieve information by way of sending emails pretending to be a trustworthy source.

Lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

Few years ago my old boss asked if I’d like to go fishing with him and his son. The guy was a sound geezer and despite knowing fuck all about the sport I agreed.

Went out , bought a rod , weatherproof clothing etc , turned up at his house 7am and he goes “ What’s all this ? Where’s your laptop??”

Turns out we were going ‘phishing’ ie attempting to fraudulently retrieve information by way of sending emails pretending to be a trustworthy source.

Lol.

Hahahaha ??? two years ago I wrote this and it still makes me chuckle ???

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You spent £300 on that bottle? And you're going to open it tonight? Are you mad?

My dad bought me the bottle for my Christmas a good few years ago hence why I only have a large dram on special occasions. I have since bought a few more on some of the auction sites for circa £100 and it's only this past year it's gone over the £300 mark.

Crazy prices but you can still buy the 17 year old peat cask for £100 on auction sites and it's a cracker as well for that price.

6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

My dad bought me the bottle for my Christmas a good few years ago hence why I only have a large dram on special occasions. I have since bought a few more on some of the auction sites for circa £100 and it's only this past year it's gone over the £300 mark.

Crazy prices but you can still buy the 17 year old peat cask for £100 on auction sites and it's a cracker as well for that price.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can't get it for £300 or anywhere close to that. £300 was what it cost (£299).

Not now. as he's already said.

Used to get it for around 100GBP as he said.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Not now. as he's already said.

Used to get it for around 100GBP as he said.

Correct.

Not bought anything from an auction site for a good while as prices are going through the roof.

Best option is to enter the Ballots or try to buy from a distributors on the day they are released but that's even getting harder and harder to do.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Might have been the 17yo doublewood I saw. Anyway get it doon ya. Fucking obscene these cunts that pay fortunes and don't guzzle it. 

Macallan, while a decent dram, is the most overpriced whisky on the market in my opinion. 

Mixture of good marketing and constantly releasing 'limited editions' means their whisky goes for stupid amounts.

Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

Macallan, while a decent dram, is the most overpriced whisky on the market in my opinion. 

Mixture of good marketing and constantly releasing 'limited editions' means their whisky goes for stupid amounts.

The distillery tour is great. Went there last year.

Lots of interesting info regarding the Duty Free market as well. They've got some amount of "special editions" purely for that alone.

Can't go wrong with an Aberlour or a Glenlivet either.

Just now, The Boofon said:

The distillery tour is great. Went there last year.

Lots of interesting info regarding the Duty Free market as well. They've got some amount of "special editions" purely for that alone.

Can't go wrong with an Aberlour or a Glenlivet either.

The tour is outstanding indeed. Did you get into the room with the suspended barrels below the bar? It's amazing.

Big fan of Craigganmore which is fantastic value for money.