English Diddy Leagues

Have absolutely no sympathy that these English clubs are starting to crumble.

They're happy to splash the cash and act billy big bollocks and financially bully Scottish teams even when theyre in the 2nd or sometimes 3rd tier.

It's the bubble bursting of paying higher wages and transfer fees for years out with their means.

Seems like if you're not in the premiership elite and splash the cash to get there then you're bang in trouble (weren't villa even in trouble if they didn't go up last season).

It'll happen more and more to clubs that don't have glory hunting tourists willing to shell out 40/50 sheet a game.

Nae sympathy. Living outwith their means.

In an ideal world sky would go bust and fuck over the Premier league sides

Sky began all of this, but they're increasingly more and more irrelevant.  The EPL is massive business on a global scale these days... If sky went bust, the EPL probably wouldn't even notice.

In Australia, Optus paid $187M over three years for the EPL TV rights.  This is just in Australia.  The EPL is broadcast all across the globe.  God knows how much money the EPL are creaming in from other countries around the world... would be interested to see how much they make from places like India, China, Japan, etc....

Tatties for Bury

Hopefully Bolton go too.

Although perhaps it's a 'don't hate the player hate the game' situation.

Hopefully it’s just the start of a domino effect,but as you say Poodles the clubs have just played the game created by the Sky involvement.

There will be many more sweating I’d imagine.

A shame for the fans like.

Sky began all of this, but they're increasingly more and more irrelevant.  The EPL is massive business on a global scale these days... If sky went bust, the EPL probably wouldn't even notice.

In Australia, Optus paid $187M over three years for the EPL TV rights.  This is just in Australia.  The EPL is broadcast all across the globe.  God knows how much money the EPL are creaming in from other countries around the world... would be interested to see how much they make from places like India, China, Japan, etc....

I am pretty certain that they would notice a missing £3.6bn if Sky went belly up. The so called 'big' clubs could likely absorb it, but your bottom end clubs relying on multi-million 'parachute' payments into the championship would struggle.

Sadly, too many people still pay for Sky Sports and are happy to keep paying these year on year subscription increases to subsidise it. Anyone paying a Sky Sports subscription is helping to pay for these prima donna wankers wages and over the top transfer fee's but each to their own. 

IMO, I really do think its overrated and overpaid shite. These so called 'Super Sunday's' never live up to the hype and are usually a bore fest. Same with the Champions League, I cant remember the last time I saw a decent final. I know many love English football and buy into it, but to me its a boring and over hyped facade. 

EPL clubs could get bye playing in empty stadiums, such are the Sky payments.

Well they could....but they will insist on spending even more than the ridiculous money Sky give them meaning that even FULL stadiums would struggle to save them. The speculate to accumulate brigade are finding that sometimes the only accumulation is debt.

• 3 months later...

Help me out here, apart from van dijk and madddison for his brief but freekick from the drawer that is at the top. Who else? I don't care about Leicester but the kid was going nowhere until he splattered that top corner against the shit. I bet that gave him an extra 20% of "I'm not bad at this malarkey, and no one is saving that no matter where it takes me?" maybe even his neighbours in Aberdeen were like, son, good luck where you go coz you are footballer. In the premiership, kids like him are protected by the ref. Plus he got toughened up in our league. So his success is down to ue.

• 3 weeks later...