Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

19 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

The abject performances of diddy clubs like Killie, Gretna, Queen Of The South and Hertz representing us in Europe fucked our co-efficient big time.

A tie against Maltese minnows Birkirkara leaps sadly to mind. 

Hopefully next year our proud country will have clubs playing who know how to perform in Europe - Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hibernian and Celtic.

Let it be. 

What have Hibs ever done in Europe you mong?

They not lose about 9-0 last time they qualified? 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hibs jammy as fuck today.

completely pish all day, St Johnstone had a perfectly good goal disallowed by a blind linesman, then an injury time penalty. 

Things going their way,

kind fixtures, luck, and even next week they’ll play us with us having 8 men down likely. 

Aye , Hibs have had a fair few breaks already. Their penalty today came about because Doidge shoved the Saints player into another Hibs player.

Hopefully their luck’ll run out next week

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Was gutted watching this. We need Hibs cut down to size soon. Sunday will be a tough match.

Even a draw would have been a good result for ourselves. I'm not convinced Hibs are as good as folk are making out. Biasness aside, Hibs have been real poor against everyone bar Livingston. St Johnstone were the better side on Sunday and unfairly had a goal chopped off. Looking at the players that have departed Hibs this summer compared to those who have joined them - I think they're a weaker side (on paper). The wheels will come off soon.

At least teams like Killie, Livi, Motherwell and St Johnstone had a poor start to the season.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Even a draw would have been a good result for ourselves. I'm not convinced Hibs are as good as folk are making out. Biasness aside, Hibs have been real poor against everyone bar Livingston. St Johnstone were the better side on Sunday and unfairly had a goal chopped off. Looking at the players that have departed Hibs this summer compared to those who have joined them - I think they're a weaker side (on paper). The wheels will come off soon.

At least teams like Killie, Livi, Motherwell and St Johnstone had a poor start to the season.

Teams in spfl are so comparable that some confidence and momentum is huge.

Fingers crossed Hibs do fall away.

Yep it wouldn't be good having to chase down a Hibs side with a 10 point lead on us, even at this early stage in the season. Points in the bank are always preferable to games in hand. As it stands, our squad should comfortably ensure that we finish no worse than third......it's bigger than anyone's out with the arse cheeks and has better quality too. But I'd expect a minimum of 3 to exit prior to the transfer window closing (loans most likely) and possibly an attempt made to cut short Edmondson's loan (if that hasn't already been done/is in progress). And we know Hibs are going to try to add to their squad (we took McCrorie from under their noses).

A draw on Sunday wouldn't be the worst outcome for us

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yep it wouldn't be good having to chase down a Hibs side with a 10 point lead on us, even at this early stage in the season. Points in the bank are always preferable to games in hand. As it stands, our squad should comfortably ensure that we finish no worse than third......it's bigger than anyone's out with the arse cheeks and has better quality too. But I'd expect a minimum of 3 to exit prior to the transfer window closing (loans most likely) and possibly an attempt made to cut short Edmondson's loan (if that hasn't already been done/is in progress). And we know Hibs are going to try to add to their squad (we took McCrorie from under their noses).

A draw on Sunday wouldn't be the worst outcome for us

McInnes in a recent interview said Edmondson could be back in the squad by early November. He says Aberdeen are committed to the loan deal with Leeds and that it won't be terminated. Potentially we could have Watkins, Edmondson, Anderson, Main and Cosgrove available at some point in the coming months.

The 5 sub rule will be a big advantage for Aberdeen (as well as The Rangers and Celtic). We've definitely benefitted from it this past week. If Aberdeen want to challenge for cups domestically they need to have a bigger squad - financially we probably can't afford to do it. I genuinely believe we have a much stronger side then those challenging for best of the rest.

McInnes can hardly get a smaller squad with settled side/where team picks itself to play well, so will be interesting to see how he does with so many options to choose from & chances to change formations/tactics so much.

for a tactically limited manager this could be very interesting in the coming months. 
trying to impose ‘game management’ on so many players minds