Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I am a McInnes fan until we fall out the top four. Unfortunately that is where we are in terms of Scottish football - competing for third.

It’s hard for fans to accept but until the land scape changes or we get a healthy billionaire who is willing to blow their cash on signing players that where we will be.

This gets mentioned all the time,its got nothing to do where we are in the league,its the way he goes about it.

The football is atrocious to watch,his stubbornness in not playing certain players,his pathetic excuses towards the ugly sisters everytime we play them,about what finance's they have,we all know that,other managers don't use it as an excuse when they play old firm.

Time for a change,different ideas,no we might not improve points wise but watching players actually enjoying playing for us would be a start,at the moment they look petrified to try something on their own.

• Upvote 2

I am a McInnes fan until we fall out the top four. Unfortunately that is where we are in terms of Scottish football - competing for third.

It’s hard for fans to accept but until the land scape changes or we get a healthy billionaire who is willing to blow their cash on signing players that where we will be.

I wouldn't mind if the billionaire had a bit of a cough.

This gets mentioned all the time,its got nothing to do where we are in the league,its the way he goes about it.

The football is atrocious to watch,his stubbornness in not playing certain players,his pathetic excuses towards the ugly sisters everytime we play them,about what finance's they have,we all know that,other managers don't use it as an excuse when they play old firm.

Time for a change,different ideas,no we might not improve points wise but watching players actually enjoying playing for us would be a start,at the moment they look petrified to try something on their own.

Agree with most of this. With McGinn, Hedges, McLennan, Ferguson, Gallagher and Wilson we have some great attacking talent. However they're clearly told that if things aren't going their way after 20 minutes just pass the ball along the defense then hoof it up to Cosgrove. At the Chakura (I know I've got that wrong) and the Hearts game it looked like things had changed but they've been well and truly reigned back in.

I can accept losing but not in that manner where Mcinnes himself admits we were passive and lacking aggression yet again

Jack Ross will soon be available

Seems to be doing reasonably well now after a bit of a dodgy start Unless they go on a 6 week losing streak, don't see him being a viable candidate. Tbh, along with the whacking great payoff we would have to fork out, another reason where I just don't think the board will do anything hasty is the lack of an obvious candidate to replace him.

Robinson has done ok at Motherwell but nothing spectacular, Wright at St Johnstone is showing signs of being on a similar downward trend as McInnes is. Holt at Livi? maybe a year down the line if he had a similar season to last getting a squad assembled for peanuts to over-perform but suspect he would just be viewed as too big a gamble at this point. Then you hit the old guard.....Strachan? possibly. McLeish.......probably viewed as too sevconian nowadays by our support and may or may not be pickled in neat alcohol depending on whose story you believe. Miller? Would probably get a bit of backing from the support but it's near 25 years since he was last a manager. Someone random from the lower leagues in England a la Heckingbottom style? Hasn't really worked out too well for Hivs. Foreign manager? Not really our classic hunting ground although the bad taste from the Ebbe era has dissipated.

I just don't think we have reached crisis point yet that the board feel obliged to act. They'll only do so when the crowds are consistently under 9k and we start losing money week in week out

This rubbish that Mcinnes defenders plough out that we should be happy being 3rd or 4th and that is where our budget places us is correct and I can see this argument but what they always miss out is the horrendous football he plays to get there. The last Year and a bit has been shocking football, Long ball rubbish, no entertainment and some of the worst signings in a very long time. Coaches that play the football Mcinnes does are dinosaurs in the modern game and will fall by the way side in the coming years. The likes of Levein and Mcinnes are in there last decent gigs. I have said for Years that Mcinnes and his negative attitude to playing Initially Celtic and Now Sevco has to rub off on the players at some point. His defeatist language is unbelievable when we play them, he is almost telling all that we have no chance before we even start. We need the attitude Steve Clarke instilled in the Killie players last Year a no fear attitude and a lets have a go and see where it takes us attitude, my choice at the moment would be Barry Robson with Sheerin assisting at least for the rest of the season

Managers just like players have a shelf life. Mcinnes has approached the end of his. The club want stability and a manager to stay for as long as possible. Unfortunately in the modern game this results in complacency setting in and the club regresses. Off-field the club seem to be in a very good place so credit to Mcinnes for his part in that. If the club really want to make on field progress then a change of management imo has to happen. Make no mistake , we would be a very attractive job for a lot of managers. Maybe we should go down the route of a Carrick or Kevin Nolan type younger hungry manager trying to make a name. We have to realise that we would just be a stepping stone for managers as well as players to make it at the highest level and the liklihood is they would last 3-4 years before moving on. If this moves the team forward and changes the mentality of the players for meekly accepting being 3/4 th best in the league then I’m all for it.

Since McInnes has taken over we have finished -3,2,2,2,2,4, won our first trophy in 19 years, reached four cup finals, doubled our turnover, increased our crowds, been given the green light to build training facilities and a new stadium and this week have been voted the best club for development at grass roots level.

Firstly not all of those achievements are solely McInnes achievements.

Secondly what was achieved is in the past and we have to focus on the future and not be trapped by a misplaced sense of loyalty.