Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

• 6 months later...
Guest milne_afc

Cormack is full of shit. 

Fuck knows why people think he's some kind of maverick. 

Mcinnes can fuck off any time he likes. AFC should never be managed by a man who has botox treatment performed on his face. 

32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I would be very surprised if he has had botox 

Was saying to my cousin yesterday how old he looks, wrinkles like gordon ramsay

Chronic abuse of sun beds.

Agree with other posts... fairly clear that he's taken us as far as he can.  Pre-match, I feared a classic cowardly McInnes performance.  Unfortunately that's exactly what we got.  He was even playing like at Tynecastle last season - and Hearts were absolutely dog shit!  He's a fearty.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday was fuck all to do with tactics.  Too many of our players and especially the midfield seemed incapable of doing the absolute basics like first touch, control and simple passing. Exemplified by Kennedy on one of the few times in the first half when we got close to their box, and he just did an air shot and fell over.

If the players are getting the basics wrong so often then it won’t matter what tactics the manager has tried to get them to play.

McGinn's case...probably because DM offered him a better contract than Hibs did. 

Hayes...always intended moving back to the area once his career was over anyway. Bonus for him that we were still interested in him as a player aged 33 and so even with the wage deferral, was much handier for him to sign for us rather than faff about having to possibly move house somewhere else in the UK for a couple of years albeit probably on a slightly more lucrative contract than we are giving him.

Cash and lifestyle will always play a bigger part when a player is choosing a club before clubs' playing styles. And whatever we think of his tactics...I think it's fair to say that Mcinnes is a pretty decent guy who treats his players fairly. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

As someone else mentioned, nothing seems to have changed with Mcinnes approach to a match.

Again a team of his starts slowly and really isn't enjoyable to watch.

Cormack must've had his head in his hands watching that yesterday.

It depends on the ambition that he has,  Milne was more than happy to have us know our place, top6, not challenging for a league at least one semi a season, 

Mcinnes certainly had him wrapped around his little finger 

5 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

It depends on the ambition that he has,  Milne was more than happy to have us know our place, top6, not challenging for a league at least one semi a season, 

Mcinnes certainly had him wrapped around his little finger 

I don't think he'll see out the season.

Surely to fuck we can't have another season of eye bleeding football like we did last year.

I don't think we can compare Smith and mcinnes. 

Smith one two cups in six months,  with his own side. 

Beating each half of the old firm. 

And took us to a league decider. 

Mcinnes has  one one Cup in six years, on penalties against a club with a smaller budget and a thick as shit manager, 

When the opportunity was there in the Diela era,  Mcinnes didn't even get close. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And Smith played more attacking football. 

Apart from that notable league decider of course when the Hun were out on their feet and there for the taking. Big mistake. 

I don't think we can compare Smith and mcinnes. 

Smith one two cups in six months,  with his own side. 

Beating each half of the old firm. 

And took us to a league decider. 

Mcinnes has  one one Cup in six years, on penalties against a club with a smaller budget and a thick as shit manager, 

When the opportunity was there in the Diela era,  Mcinnes didn't even get close. 

That side was easily the best side weve ever had since 1983.. 

Eion Jess was on the sportsound podcast last week saying that there was no change of tactics in that game,  and that he was singled out by Hurlock for attention, 

Just no way Mcinnes would ever get us that close 

10 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

But the point is he (Smith) was shitballing his way to 1-0 wins.  And that wasn’t enough to save him.

Indeed. We were also sitting 6th at the time.

As many on here have stated, Smith was lost as soon as Jocky Scott departed as co-manager at the start of that season on the slide.

Giving Smith the sole credit for the attacking flair and verve of the side that they co-managed is fundamentally wrong.

13 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

As someone else mentioned, nothing seems to have changed with Mcinnes approach to a match.

Again a team of his starts slowly and really isn't enjoyable to watch.

Cormack must've had his head in his hands watching that yesterday.

Cormack will have been just as raging as the rest of us watching that.  Probably even more so given that our only good player on the day, was the one (allegedly) sourced by his American friends.

However, as mentioned elsewhere - no way we can afford to get rid of McInnes. 

The "it's only been 1 game" & "what better can we expect" arguments are grating on me now.

1. We've been shite for the guts of 3 seasons not 1 game. 

2. Why should we just accept mediocrity, shite fitba and shitting the bed at regular occasions? We all know the Glasgow cunts spend way more than we do but it's possible to have a go. Rangers are fucking shite and more than beatable. 

Very likely we are stuck however. Wonderful. 

• Upvote 2