Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Disagree with pretty much every word of that. 

You don't even seem to get that it's fuck all to do with going to the pub. It's completely ignoring the protocols we all know exist. 

Are we to believe they didn't know them? Or did they not care? 

Did the manager not reinforce the importance of these? Or did they not care? 

Ive no frustration with the lock down. I'd have started it earlier & done it far harsher. I'd potentially have kept pubs shut longer too. 

No one claimed it "was the end of the world" either. That's just a daft strawman. 

Have you never made a mistake in your Life ?

38 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Disagree with pretty much every word of that. 

You don't even seem to get that it's fuck all to do with going to the pub. It's completely ignoring the protocols we all know exist. 

Are we to believe they didn't know them? Or did they not care? 

Did the manager not reinforce the importance of these? Or did they not care? 

Ive no frustration with the lock down. I'd have started it earlier & done it far harsher. I'd potentially have kept pubs shut longer too. 

No one claimed it "was the end of the world" either. That's just a daft strawman. 

Every other cunt was in the pubs. 

Yes, they are sportsmen and should've been operating in a bubble. However, was it explicitly explained to them that going to a meal/club was totally off the table? I know players can be thick but surely to fuck if they thought some cunt would see them, they'd stay well clear of town? 

Twitter for afc fans atm is an apocalyptic meltdown. What's most likely to be the case is they weren't told in explicit terms what they could and couldn't do. 

Pubs shouldn't have been allowed to open inside, the illness spreads far less potently outside. 

The SNP are hardly pulling out any stops in dealing with this the way some would have you believe. 

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Every other cunt was in the pubs. 

Yes, they are sportsmen and should've been operating in a bubble. However, was it explicitly explained to them that going to a meal/club was totally off the table? I know players can be thick but surely to fuck if they thought some cunt would see them, they'd stay well clear of town? 

Twitter for afc fans atm is an apocalyptic meltdown. What's most likely to be the case is they weren't told in explicit terms what they could and couldn't do. 

It is everyone's personal responsibility to keep up to date with lockdown easing and social distancing restrictions. Not up to anyone's employers to tell employees about restrictions on who they can meet up with indoors outside of work - maximum of 8 from 3 different households indoors has been the limit since 10th July. 

Players have disregarded that because they think they're above all that... fuck them, arrogant arseholes.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

It is everyone's personal responsibility to keep up to date with lockdown easing and social distancing restrictions. Not up to anyone's employers to tell employees about restrictions on who they can meet up with indoors outside of work - maximum of 8 from 3 different households indoors has been the limit since 10th July. 

Players have disregarded that because they think they're above all that... fuck them, arrogant arseholes.

Considering football is being treated differently to every other profession, you'd think it would be incumbent on the employer to make it clear what their employees can and cant do. 

I know they may be not be the brightest bunch but I don't truly believe they went in to town thinking no one would see them, and there wouldn't be a shit storm. 

They fucked up, but again, had the result been more positive on Saturday would there be such a furore? No, I don't think so. That being said, they should not be going out in such a public situation after the timid performance of last week. 

There is still heaps of overreacting going on.

The argument that “it wasn’t clear what they were supposed to be doing” Is total bullshit. It’s on the news everyday, and will have been drilled into them everyday by the club, along with the additional restrictions they face as professional footballers. Anyone who doesn’t know the rules by this point doesn’t know them because they don’t pay attention, not because it’s not clear.

The players clearly don’t fear the wrath of McInnes, which is another issue for another debate, but it’s entirely their fault.

Saw them in Amarone before they went to soul. Cosgrove is on crutches, so fuck knows why he thought going out was a good idea. All of them should be made available for transfer. Only Ferguson has the ability to play at a higher level than us - Cosgrove and McKenna would be found out quickly after a move elsewhere I reckon. The others are no real loss, other than providing depth.

The only positive is that we haven’t had to forfeit the games, which is lucky. We’d have been screaming for that if it had been the other way round.

If the general public go to the pub at the low level of infection that existed pre Wednesday then the implications are very low 1/10,000 (made up number) might not be able to go work by Friday.

if the first team go out together then social media dictates it will almost certainly get out and the SPFL’s default setting appears to be photos of 8 players + positive test (which may be unconnected) = automatic 2-3 match forfeiture.

As I’ve said before, I want the players to enjoy a degree of social life since that enhances the chances of them coming to Aberdeen.  But if the players, the club, the manager, whatever, don’t see that difference thereins the problem.

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The argument that “it wasn’t clear what they were supposed to be doing” Is total bullshit. It’s on the news everyday, and will have been drilled into them everyday by the club, along with the additional restrictions they face as professional footballers. Anyone who doesn’t know the rules by this point doesn’t know them because they don’t pay attention, not because it’s not clear.

The players clearly don’t fear the wrath of McInnes, which is another issue for another debate, but it’s entirely their fault.

Saw them in Amarone before they went to soul. Cosgrove is on crutches, so fuck knows why he thought going out was a good idea. All of them should be made available for transfer. Only Ferguson has the ability to play at a higher level than us - Cosgrove and McKenna would be found out quickly after a move elsewhere I reckon. The others are no real loss, other than providing depth.

The only positive is that we haven’t had to forfeit the games, which is lucky. We’d have been screaming for that if it had been the other way round.

Pooped your pants here big man. 

You can choose to believe they simply ignored protocol for the sake of a meal at Amarone, or you can be an adult and assume they simply weren't clued up on what was/wasn't acceptable. 

Also, is it 100% confirmed that all 8 of them did go to Soul? Or is it that a few of them went to Soul, caught the illness, and due to their close proximity in training over the next few days, they now have to isolate? 

I'm no fan of Mcinnes but blaming him for what the players do outside working hours is agenda driven, and again, ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Considering football is being treated differently to every other profession, you'd think it would be incumbent on the employer to make it clear what their employees can and cant do. 

I know they may be not be the brightest bunch but I don't truly believe they went in to town thinking no one would see them, and there wouldn't be a shit storm. 

They fucked up, but again, had the result been more positive on Saturday would there be such a furore? No, I don't think so. That being said, they should not be going out in such a public situation after the timid performance of last week. 

There is still heaps of overreacting going on.

So players aren’t aloud to even sit next to each other in changing room and you think the club need to tell them they can’t go to a pub in a big group? 

18 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You can choose to believe they simply ignored protocol for the sake of a meal at Amarone, or you can be an adult and assume they simply weren't clued up on what was/wasn't acceptable. 

Also, is it 100% confirmed that all 8 of them did go to Soul? Or is it that a few of them went to Soul, caught the illness, and due to their close proximity in training over the next few days, they now have to isolate? 

I'm no fan of Mcinnes but blaming him for what the players do outside working hours is agenda driven, and again, ridiculous. 

It's 100% confirmed by the government that all 8 went to a city centre bar and McInnes backed this up. 

These guys know they can't share cars outside of anyone that lives with them and are separated into small training groups, but you think they don't know they couldn't all go for a meal, then a bar?

9 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

I appreciate that it's not the employers responsibility to enforce general restrictions on their employees outside of the workplace however football has been given special dispensations to enable a return.

I believe one of the dispensations was that they were to train and live in a biobubble, surely to fuck the club should have told them forcibly that breaching these protocols will have consequences for the players and the club.

2 hours ago, slippers said:

So players aren’t aloud to even sit next to each other in changing room and you think the club need to tell them they can’t go to a pub in a big group? 

2 hours ago, Rostov-on-Don said:

It's 100% confirmed by the government that all 8 went to a city centre bar and McInnes backed this up. 

These guys know they can't share cars outside of anyone that lives with them and are separated into small training groups, but you think they don't know they couldn't all go for a meal, then a bar?

Exactly. Consie doing mental gymnastics here to try and make his argument make sense. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

?

Fit?

That's quite a leap.

Is it? 

Personally, I'm frustrated by it. I was in one of the pubs listed and I'm isolating from work because of it. I've had no contact from track and trace either, so aye, I'm frustrated. 

You don't think many others around the country won't be either? 5 months of being cooped up in your house or simply shuttling back and forth from your house to work is going to add to the OTT anger being displayed. And I don't blame folk for it, I'm simply making the point that some of the shouts folk are making are ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Exactly. Consie doing mental gymnastics here to try and make his argument make sense. 

Were they maybe all in the same training group? Those players? So they thought it was OK?

I think they deserve a chance to defend themselves, perhaps via Joe Lewis or something. 

The fact there's been no formal apology to the fans is really poor, and again, I totally get why folk are raging, I really do. 

I just think the situation has been exasperated by the recent local lockdown and the fact we were total shite last week. 

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Were they maybe all in the same training group? Those players? So they thought it was OK?

I think they deserve a chance to defend themselves, perhaps via Joe Lewis or something. 

The fact there's been no formal apology to the fans is really poor, and again, I totally get why folk are raging, I really do. 

I just think the situation has been exasperated by the recent local lockdown and the fact we were total shite last week. 

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. 

I agree that folk are more pissed off because of how dreadful we were last week. 

Looks like we're about to hear from the players. I expect a lot of contrition and confirmation they are all forgoing their wages while they cannot play. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree that folk are more pissed off because of how dreadful we were last week. 

Looks like we're about to hear from the players. I expect a lot of contrition and confirmation they are all forgoing their wages while they cannot play. 

That would be sensible. Or perhaps they'll offer to donate to the AFC trust or something. 

Win our next few games and it's all forgotten about. Again, I respect people's anger, and totally understand it. Some of the things being said are daft though, and I don't think we're the only city/club who have been guilty of not following guidelines to the letter. 

I expect an apology and then we can draw a line under the matter. 3 cup competitions we're in this year still, could be a big one for AFC. 

21 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Surely no 'adult' would assume/believe that? 

17 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Not sure where to post this but just listening to Radio Shortbread and to Brian Rice's comments on the Aberdeen position. 

"Players made a mistake, let's move on etc"

Total respect to Mr Rice

Yeah, even moreso in the respect that Rice was being interviewed before his Hamilton  team took on Ross County yesterday and was obviously 100% focused on that, and that fat melt Brian McLaughlin was trying to get him to unload on AFC.

39 minutes ago, far's_the_bogs? said:

I get the impression that the relationship between McInnes and some of the players has become too cosy. It would explain why we see former players returning and would go some way to explaining last weekend's incident. 

Totally agree. Certainly getting close to same manager / player atmosphere at end of Calderwood era.

Reckon that DC is almost ready to act.

We need a return to better discipline as apparent in the successful eras of both Turnbull and Ferguson.

Cannot believe for one minute that players could not distinguish right from wrong. Relationship with DM far too cosy.

34 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Totally agree. Certainly getting close to same manager / player atmosphere at end of Calderwood era.

We need a return to better discipline as apparent in the successful eras of both Turnbull and Ferguson.

Cannot believe for one minute that players could not distinguish right from wrong. Relationship with DM far too cosy.

What makes you reckon he's ready to act? 

30 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Come on.

The days of Ferguson & Turnbull are from a bygone era.

No club is run like that now.

I’m not McInnes biggest fan but the stick he’s getting over this isn’t fair.

I also think the last thing Cormack needs or wants right now is to pay off the management team & search (& pay) for another.

Folk are going way OTT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1