Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I wouldn't rule out him getting offered another contract. 

Cormack has backed him heavily and he's had a good start to this season.  If he keeps this going and has a good season it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might be offered an extension again. 

Although I have a sneaky suspicion that he will end up getting the Scotland gig after Clarke 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wouldn't rule out him getting offered another contract. 

Cormack has backed him heavily and he's had a good start to this season.  If he keeps this going and has a good season it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might be offered an extension again. 

Although I have a sneaky suspicion that he will end up getting the Scotland gig after Clarke 

I might be old school, but being the Scotland manager is like going into a retirement home for managers.

anyone with ambition or desire surely would want club football over manager of Scotland 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Bizarre timing to be saying this should be his last contract 

He has very possibly just built a team and certainly a squad better than his best rooney-hayes-mcginn one 

Every manager has a shelf life. It's brilliant we are enjoying a good spell right now.

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Nah he's not signing a new contract with us even if he wins us a Cup. He's destined for the Scotland job....DM and Clarke's contracts conveniently run out at the same time and unless Clarke takes us to the World Cup finals, he won't be getting a new contract. 

Should McInnes actually win us the league....a bit of a long shot I know....then he instantly becomes attractive to EPL clubs at the West Ham/Southampton kind of level

Either way, we will definitely see a new manager in the hostseat come summer 2022

“Definitely” is a bold statement TC.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Definitely” is a bold statement TC.

Perhaps. But if he wins us nothing in the next 2 seasons, I'm certain Cormack will thank him for his service and send him on his way with no offer of a new contract.

If he wins a Cup......we might feel obliged to offer him a new contract but McInnes has never hidden his desire to manage at a higher level. A cup win would probably bring in the Derby's and Birmingham's into the equation as to who might be interested in him. Are they really "bigger"? I'd say not but they will give him a bigger budget. And as I've already said.....the Scotland job is likely to become available at that point too. (Which would mean he could live at home in Renfrewshire....no split household)

Winning the SPL unlikely as it may be,  would definitely bring EPL (lower end) clubs into the equation.

Just think he will definitely see it as time to try something else

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Perhaps. But if he wins us nothing in the next 2 seasons, I'm certain Cormack will thank him for his service and send him on his way with no offer of a new contract.

If he wins a Cup......we might feel obliged to offer him a new contract but McInnes has never hidden his desire to manage at a higher level. A cup win would probably bring in the Derby's and Birmingham's into the equation as to who might be interested in him. Are they really "bigger"? I'd say not but they will give him a bigger budget. And as I've already said.....the Scotland job is likely to become available at that point too. (Which would mean he could live at home in Renfrewshire....no split household)

Winning the SPL unlikely as it may be,  would definitely bring EPL (lower end) clubs into the equation.

Just think he will definitely see it as time to try something else

Aye, all of the above is possible, I just thought “definite” was a strong choice of word.

I can't see an English Premiership club ever being interested in McInnes even if he did manage to win the league here. They've got bags of cash down there these days and can get managers from anywhere.   Things have changed since the days Everton took Walter Smith. They've got Ancelloti now and he's one of most decorated managers in world football. 

Championship at best. 

The only 2 clubs that have shown an interest in him since he's been here are Sunderland who were a basket case run by a Hun and he was recommended to them by a Hun.  And of course the Huns themselves. 

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I can't see an English Premiership club ever being interested in McInnes even if he did manage to win the league here. They've got bags of cash down there these days and can get managers from anywhere.   Things have changed since the days Everton took Walter Smith. They've got Ancelloti now and he's one of most decorated managers in world football. 

Championship at best. 

The only 2 clubs that have shown an interest in him since he's been here are Sunderland who were a basket case run by a Hun and he was recommended to them by a Hun.  And of course the Huns themselves. 

Good post. 

59 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

West brom would be an option he was captain thier and is still popular there. 

Every cunt here knows my view on hun DMC,  I think he may well decide to move on after the current deal expires, 

The oaf  overstayed his shelf life, 

West Brom haven't made moves for him the last couple of time's they've binned managers though...

(there has been a couple in the last 3 years)

4 minutes ago, RUL said:Natural fit to replace Clarke I think. 

Maybe.

McInnes would love a top 35 job in England. He could go in that direction.

Scotland job can always go to anyone high profile kicking about for free. Moyes for example. Alex Neil flukes his way to the EPL and suddenly he's an A lister.

Things move on. Clarke won't be getting sacked for losing the playoffs but he would get a contract extension if he won the playoffs

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes

Scotland job can always go to anyone high profile kicking about for free. Moyes for example. Alex Neil flukes his way to the EPL and suddenly he's an A lister.

Things move on. Clarke won't be getting sacked for losing the playoffs but he would get a contract extension if he won the playoffs

Scotland will not win the play offs and qualify for anything soon, not a scooby. Clarke will stay for another failed campaign. 

Judgment reserved here until it is revealed how he chooses to approach the arse cheeks during our mini renaissance.

If it's more of the same 'respect' he affords them, then I would like to see him moved on. It's embarrassing our efforts against them over the majority of his tenure.

I still wait to be convinced that he deserves to see out his contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
4 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Judgment reserved here until it is revealed how he chooses to approach the arse cheeks during our mini renaissance.

If it's more of the same 'respect' he affords them, then I would like to see him moved on. It's embarrassing our efforts against them over the majority of his tenure.

I still wait to be convinced that he deserves to see out his contract.

He's doing just fine at the minute. 6 wins out of 6 and playing a style of football that is night and day from anything we have seen in the past 3 years or so. Of course it remains to be seen if he/we can keep it up for a prolonged period,

But no matter what......the main consideration about seeing out his contract isn't about "deserving" to do so. It's 100% about us paying him such a ludicrously high salary and being unable to afford to replace him should things take a nosedive form-wise for a prolonged period

If he carries on as he is doing just now he won't get any hassle from anyone.  There's more players in the team with an attacking intent than we've seen for ages. And that's all we've ever been asking for. 

If he reverts to his basic, cautious football he'll get stick again. 

He's proven that we can pick up points both ways as we've been saying all along so he'd be bonkers to go back to the style of the last 2 seasons. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he carries on as he is doing just now he won't get any hassle from anyone.  There's more players in the team with an attacking intent than we've seen for ages. And that's all we've ever been asking for. 

If he reverts to his basic, cautious football he'll get stick again. 

He's proven that we can pick up points both ways as we've been saying all along so he'd be bonkers to go back to the style of the last 2 seasons. 

His biggest fault has been signing players for the current style of football we’re witnessing but trying to adapt them to play His turgid defensive game management styles.

noticed a few of the players stating in recent interviews that he’s allowing them to play with a lot more freedom & that difference has been there for all to see.

Worry is when/if he reverts back to type. Be that because of a loss, or simple cautious approach to a game v arse cheeks.

Time will tell if Mcinnes can avoid tinkering with a formation/style that is not least pleasing to the fans finally but also getting the desired results, albeit with a slight lack of goals but that will hopefully improve also.

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You do get the sense that the players are enthused by being let of the leash a bit. 

It also helps that we have got some good characters in like Hayes, Hoban and McCrorie

There's a tipping point either way when it comes to the personalities in the squad and I think we've got more hungry guys who want to set and maintain good standards now

You have to acknowledge that DM would have influenced them to come here. There’s no way Hoban and Hayes would have returned if DM was not a decent gaffer to work for.

His negativity the last couple of years may have been down to not having confidence in the squad, but now he is happier to unleash his preferred formation. There’s no doubt he’s tried it before, disastrously so it has to be down to better personnel to play the formation.

My only fear, is that it’s working now and we’re keeping clean sheets. If our form dips and we start conceding goals, would he then revert to be more cautious

Just now, afc1903mad said:

You have to acknowledge that DM would have influenced them to come here. There’s no way Hoban and Hayes would have returned if DM was not a decent gaffer to work for.

His negativity the last couple of years may have been down to not having confidence in the squad, but now he is happier to unleash his preferred formation. There’s no doubt he’s tried it before, disastrously so it has to be down to better personnel to play the formation.

My only fear, is that it’s working now and we’re keeping clean sheets. If our form dips and we start conceding goals, would he then revert to be more cautious

I'm not anti McInnes. 

He's got strengths as well as weaknesses. Like all of us do.