Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Once of the peepil, they tend to always think that they arra peepil.

It was bred into them from a very early age, from shit parents who themselves were also brainwashed to hate kafflicks.

I hate kafflicks too, and proddies, and muslims, and jews. Almost all religion is shit. Some of the Buddhists and Taoists are cool though.

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd say there are a core of 17 maybe 18 players who we could rotate into the starting side and not see too much difference in performance. Injuries and suspensions will mean we have to utilise a few others outwith that core, but as a consequence we cannot expect performances to be as good, although maybe results might not suffer too badly, given that those players would likely be starters for most other teams in the league. But in general, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

In 82/83 Dundee United won the league using 14 players all season. (that was obviously the Gothenburg season in which we suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries from November onwards, including Kennedy's career ender. We made no secret of concentrating on the ECWC after beating Bayern so the league wasn't abandoned but became a definite secondary target...we ended up third but we could still have won it on the final day had results gone our way elsewhere). So rotation, whilst the norm nowadays, doesn't always prove to be necessary.

I’d be a little more generous than just 17/18. Especially middle to front.

not implying we could field two sides as such or change too much in one go but with 5 subs we can certainly rotate a lot if done wisely.

Kennedy. McGinn. McClennan (spelling lol)  Cosgrove. Edmundson. Anderson. Campbell. Hernandez. Logan. Even Taylor Ojo maybe more. All missing from start Thurs

edit also Main

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only area where I can foresee potential injury problems affecting side badly is in central defence. Well covered all over but Considine or Hoban, or Even McKenna (he’s been good this far tbf this season) get injured & we could see massive impact in side/confidence 

Losing Hayes on the left would be a huge issue. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Lol

6 wins out of 6 and has navigated a potentially tricky away euro qualifier 

Also now built a fucking brilliant looking team 

After the last 2 and a bit seasons of horrendous defensive hoofball, and the embarrassingly pish poor, defensive display against sevco, alscot has every right to be holding judgement.

long may the way he is currently lining up continue. Be interesting to see how we line up in the next games against celtic and sevco. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Millertime said:

His signings didn't work out so he played the way he had to

They have worked now, ergo,  we can play like this

Ergo again,  he has no right to be holding judgement 

There were plenty of good footballers in the squad those 2 years, yet he still chose to play long ball pish, MT. 

also, it could be argued that it's his fault for signing pish/the wrong players? He had at least 4 transfer windows to right these wrongs, but he didn't...

ergo, we can hold judgement. ?

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think that's a lazy observation to be honest, I refuse to believe he tells them to go out play that way 

Why did we play that way for over 2 years? You saying the players were ignoring the instructions he gave week in week out, and he tolerated it? 

It is exactly what he was telling players to do.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Every team seems to be giving Celtic a game right now, so if Mcinnes reverts to type & sets up to shite it he should be sacked on spot. No excuse not to continue the way things are now as it’s working

Agree if Aberdeen can’t take any points off Celtic or rangers this season and get dumped out of the cup by them, Mcinnes needs to go.   

• Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Fridge said:

To be fair it wasn’t tactics that fucked up that shambolic first 20 mins

Not sure how you can think this. 
Basically exempting Mcinnes of all blame.

That didn’t look like a side that (up to yesterday) had been allowed to play with ‘a lot more freedom’ as few players have stated lately.

that looked like a typical side tinkered with & confused into bombscares, most likely due to the fear of Taylor’s reintroduction 

There a lot of people wetting themselves because of this poor result.

I have no doubt that McKenna being withdrawn the morning of the game had an impact, but we also had the worst luck / start which played right into Motherwells strategy.

Goal no 1, technically was a pen, but was nowhere near being deliberate. I'm not even convinced that Watkins was deliberately making his body bigger, it was just his natural method of balance in that moment.

This was quickly followed up by goal no 2, which to be fair was great pressing by Motherwell, but uncharacteristic for Lewis to fluff that straight to the boy Long.

So were 2-0 down, having to chase the game and allows Motherwell to sit in, counter us, which they were good at.

The third goal was directly contributed to McKenna being absent. He was tasked with picking up the boy Mugabi, which in turn fell upon McCrorie to do. He was out muscled (fouled actually) to give them the gloss on the result.

It was as some have put it, a bad day at the office, lets see how we respond in the coming games

• Like 1
Guest milne_afc
Just now, afc1903mad said:

Goal no 1, technically was a pen, but was nowhere near being deliberate.

Doesn't matter and invalidates the rest of your post(tl;dr) 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

On the contrary, the wetters were the ones thinking that six wins v. nobodies and not scoring many (except v. the part timers) = world challenging team. We started the season with 8 straight wins once and the same hysteria occurred then. It won't change until the manager changes. It's that simple. He's a loser. 

He can't help himself. I remember the 8 wins in a row. Everything was going fine until McInnes, made sure everyone knew he didnt subscribe to "if it ain't broke don't fix it". 

He displayed his genius by parachuting Josh fucking Parker into the starting line up.  Cue the first defeat of the season. 

I’m hoping this was basically his last chance & he was asked to play a more exciting brand of football rather than the predominantly turgid stuff he often resorts to.

basically Cormack (& possibly others) thinking the fans (Some but not all) were getting fed up of his style, so was asked to change it up. 

Interesting to see how he moves forward from here.

obviously I am speculating but hoping this was case

No offence to Lewis but few more decent games from McCrorie (or once fully our player) & Mcinnes should maybe make him captain with Ferguson, Hayes, or Considine as vice captain.

Ferguson probably makes most sense for vice captain because of age. Unless Hoban is here long term.

Few decent options tbf but preferably central defence & midfield.

22 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

There a lot of people wetting themselves because of this poor result.

I have no doubt that McKenna being withdrawn the morning of the game had an impact, but we also had the worst luck / start which played right into Motherwells strategy.

Goal no 1, technically was a pen, but was nowhere near being deliberate. I'm not even convinced that Watkins was deliberately making his body bigger, it was just his natural method of balance in that moment.

This was quickly followed up by goal no 2, which to be fair was great pressing by Motherwell, but uncharacteristic for Lewis to fluff that straight to the boy Long.

So were 2-0 down, having to chase the game and allows Motherwell to sit in, counter us, which they were good at.

The third goal was directly contributed to McKenna being absent. He was tasked with picking up the boy Mugabi, which in turn fell upon McCrorie to do. He was out muscled (fouled actually) to give them the gloss on the result.

It was as some have put it, a bad day at the office, lets see how we respond in the coming games

Joe poorly kicked the ball out for a corner (which led to Well scoring their third goal) when it appeared he was trying to kick the ball out for a throw in.

Not  good day for Joe with the ball at his feet.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No offence to Lewis but few more decent games from McCrorie (or once fully our player) & Mcinnes should maybe make him captain with Ferguson, Hayes, or Considine as vice captain.

Ferguson probably makes most sense for vice captain because of age. Unless Hoban is here long term.

Few decent options tbf but preferably central defence & midfield.

Not a bad shout in the long term. But for this season it would be quite horrible when our captain can't play against the huns because he is in fact still a hun.