Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

to pay McInnes off would cost us somewhere around £1.5 million. And another £200k or so for Docherty on top of that. 

He's heard fuck all....well maybe the voices in his head

Exactly, it’s delusion (or attention seeking)

McInnes won’t be going anywhere before the end of his contract unless we’re having a disastrous season & struggling to make top 6, which we won’t.

We’ll be 3rd or 4th, & qualify for Europe again. 
To think or suggest that we’d pay a 7 figure compensation sum to the management team when we’re haemorrhaging money on a monthly basis is lunacy. 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

This is not a fishing attempt.

Genuine question as it's always said but who replaces McInnes.

If Neil Lennon is a free agent when its time to put McInnes on gardening leave would Lennon be a suitable AFC manager? 

I think it's realistic that Lennon will go before McInnes.

@ericblack4boss

who’s Cormack got lined up then chief? Poch or Pep? Halloween you reckon the new managers coming in aye? 

• Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If Neil Lennon is a free agent when its time to put McInnes on gardening leave would Lennon be a suitable AFC manager? 

Whichever manager loses the league between Celtic & SEVCO will definitely be gone.

McInnes won’t be. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Whichever manager loses the league between Celtic & SEVCO will definitely be gone.

McInnes won’t be. 

I think Lennon might be away within a year regardless.

I think it would be around a years time we'd be considering changing manager or offering DM a one year extension.

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lennon is very likely to be our next manager 

Julian Lennon is more likely to be our next manager than that wee ginger bastard.

When, not if, Celtic give him the dunt, he will hang around in managerial limbo until the Republic of Ireland job becomes available.

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think its being blown out of proportion

Yes sporting had players out but they still had Uruguayan international defenders and guys on 60k a week 

We lost 1 nil, away

Are people seriously blaming him for not going through?

We played some great stuff and Hedges should have fucking buried that chance 

We did play well overall, not so sure that Hedges should have buried his chance, but at least on target would've at least led to a possible goal or rebound for another chance

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Do you mean;

1) No way he’d be worse than McInnes or

2) No way, he’d be worse than McInnes

McIness has one minus for me...........negative tactics score a goal and defend however Lennon is terrible all round the way he conducts himself, tactically and relationship with players are all suspect.

I personally think he will be sacked before Christmas, probably two defeats away from the sack.........old firm game and Cup semi defeat from us will see he sacked

2 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

McIness has one minus for me...........negative tactics score a goal and defend however Lennon is terrible all round the way he conducts himself, tactically and relationship with players are all suspect.

I personally think he will be sacked before Christmas, probably two defeats away from the sack.........old firm game and Cup semi defeat from us will see he sacked

He might have got bulleted today had he lost last night's EL tie. But winning last season's Scottish Cup is of secondary importance to 10IAR to everyone involved with/supporting Celtic. He'll get to the end of the season unless he drops more than 6 points behind sevco ( not including games in hand). If he fails to land 10IAR he's gone in summer no question.

46 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He might have got bulleted today had he lost last night's EL tie. But winning last season's Scottish Cup is of secondary importance to 10IAR to everyone involved with/supporting Celtic. He'll get to the end of the season unless he drops more than 6 points behind sevco ( not including games in hand). If he fails to land 10IAR he's gone in summer no question.

Agree fully, poor choice by Celtic board obviously the cheap option. I would defo do not want to see him managing Aberdeen.

For me, McIness has run his course the last two years have been terrible. Initially he stabilized us a club and did a good job, won a cup however he now needs to go.

Overpaid, overhyped by the happy clappers and taken us as far as he can. Tactically he can set us up to defend however we should only be doing that  away against the ugly sisters.

Unfortunately he will be here for the foreseeable and the happy clappers will keep applauding mediocrity 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I’d rather (as have said many times before) we gave Barry Robson a go than a cunt like Lennon.

first choice for me at moment would Robinson from Well but that likely won’t happen because we certainly won’t be paying compo for anyone.

Plenty out of work managers would jump at chance to manage Aberdeen now though I’m sure. 

So many still shit scared at losing Mcinnes though but (whether they admit it or not) that is predominantly down to the last chairman’s countless failures at sourcing a decent manager.

New chairman. Give him chance to prove me right/wrong rather than sticking in this rut 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
38 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I’d rather (as have said many times before) we gave Barry Robson a go than a cunt like Lennon.

first choice for me at moment would Robinson from Well but that likely won’t happen because we certainly won’t be paying compo for anyone.

Plenty out of work managers would jump at chance to manage Aberdeen now though I’m sure. 

So many still shit scared at losing Mcinnes though but (whether they admit it or not) that is predominantly down to the last chairman’s countless failures at sourcing a decent manager.

New chairman. Give him chance to prove me right/wrong rather than sticking in this rut 

The same Robinson that has won four out of his last eighteen league games? Nah yer awrite. 

The sad thing is two of them were against us. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

The same Robinson that has won four out of his last eighteen league games? Nah yer awrite. 

The sad thing is two of them were against us. 

Aye same one. The one with the wee budget at a wee Shitey team owned by fans or something.

Actually 5 wins & 7 losses in last (random number) 18 games but let’s not be pedantic ?

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

In his 1st spell at Celtic, he never won the league cup in 4 attempts,  2 SC wins in 5 attempts. 

He's a flat track bully and incapable of beating any teams unless he has at least 10 times the resources of his opponents.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mcinnes has only won the Micky mouse cup as it was known old school.

Stubbs, wright and Hughes have won same as Mcinnes but a bigger cup.

Trouble is we were so bad before him some see him as some sort of miracle worker.

p.s would have put Lennon as well but it would have been met with the old resources answer but funny enough the resources answer is never mentioned when comparing Aberdeen and the likes of the other 3 managers who won cups with less.

wonder what they might have done with our resources.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
11 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If we started Hedges and Wright we would have been easily picked apart. Probably would have been 3-0... imo....

We will never know, all our opinions are pure conjecture. What is pretty much fact though is we always go defensive against “bigger” teams. And we almost always lose. 
Maybe just for once, just once, we could have a right go and let the players know we believe in their ability. 

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Aye same one. The one with the wee budget at a wee Shitey team owned by fans or something.

Actually 5 wins & 7 losses in last (random number) 18 games but let’s not be pedantic ?

Well if you are throwing in a win against carpet fitters and a draw over 120 minutes against scaffies and fishmongers in your success stories then fair enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1