Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

8 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Well if you are throwing in a win against carpet fitters and a draw over 120 minutes against scaffies and fishmongers in your success stories then fair enough. 

No that was all league games SPFL actually. Still not sure why 18 games was the preferred number of games to select. Maybe as they had won a few just prior so selecting say last 22 league games rather 18 didn’t look quite so attractive to a generally shite point anyway.

edit. Just went into SPFL page for just leagues results so as not to make mistakes counting in cup/Europa games by accident & it goes back last 20 results & not exactly a vast difference from them to ours other than them having a poor start to this season.

them

W6

L9

D5

Us

W8

L8

D4

11 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

We will never know, all our opinions are pure conjecture. What is pretty much fact though is we always go defensive against “bigger” teams. And we almost always lose. 
Maybe just for once, just once, we could have a right go and let the players know we believe in their ability. 

Did we not do that in the Scottish cup final and still lose....?

12 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

We will never know, all our opinions are pure conjecture. What is pretty much fact though is we always go defensive against “bigger” teams. And we almost always lose. 
Maybe just for once, just once, we could have a right go and let the players know we believe in their ability. 

Don't use inverted commas, you'll confuse Millertime

• Upvote 1

We will get a replacement manager with Yank connections, possibly a Scottish bloke managing in the US like Martin Rennie (Indy Eleven) or Neil Collins (Tampa Bay Rowdies). Cormack will take recommendations from his Stateside chums but won't  be taking anyone from Atlanta United because we're the junior partner in that arrangement. Unless Stephen Glass turns out to be utterly shit at management in the next nine months or so.

• Downvote 1

Booth could be a shout but doubt Jess with his fairly recent health problems would be up for the stress of it all.

Still liking RS suggestion of Duncan Ferguson though. Given what we are paying Mcinnes...he won't be out of our league financially and he wouldn't bow down to the arse cheeks in any way

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Booth could be a shout but doubt Jess with his fairly recent health problems would be up for the stress of it all.

Still liking RS suggestion of Duncan Ferguson though. Given what we are paying Mcinnes...he won't be out of our league financially and he wouldn't bow down to the arse cheeks in any way

Whats wrong with Jess?

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

This is maybe a bit leftfield but I’d like a young coach starting out, with no baggage, no Glasgow inferiority complex etc.

How about someone like Darren Fletcher?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This is maybe a bit leftfield but I’d like a young coach starting out, with no baggage, no Glasgow inferiority complex etc.

How about someone like Darren Fletcher?

Wouldn't be averse to that. But has to be someone with a "name". Needs to be able to go the board and demand funds for whatever he needs (not merely request)

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Brain haemorrhage a few years back. Had to have it clipped IIRC

Edit...and a hole in the heart which was found because of the brain problem. 

Now living in Barcelona. 

I always thought that he was wrongly diagnosed as having had a stroke and it was later found to be a problem with his heart.  Good few years back though.

I thought you meant something more recent TC.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Wouldn't be averse to that. But has to be someone with a "name". Needs to be able to go the board and demand funds for whatever he needs (not merely request)

Agree.

i think Fletcher would do that & he seems to be reasonably clued up on Scottish football from what I see & hear when he’s a pundit.

Currently doing his coaching badges if they’re worth anything 

38 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

im dreaming of a Jess & Booth return

Is football not littered with examples of previous club legends taking over as club manager(s) and it not ending well?

While Jess and Booth were outstanding for Aberdeen, I am not seeing anything that would point to them potentially being considered serious candidates for any future Aberdeen vacancy.

Perhaps if they had proved themselves in the lower tiers but no way would Cormack give them the job based on previous glories.

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Thats not true though is it?

We had a great record against "rangers" just a few seasons back

I get what you are saying MM, but given the mediocre level of that hun team, it's safe to say we could have beaten them either way by being positive or negative.

A positive outlook would (could) have given more emphatic victories.

They were no great shakes.  Whatsoever.

When he would use the negative tactics against a stronger opponent, such as the Tims, we would invariably be defeated without raising a whimper in response.