Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

28 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

Somewhat.

But how much would it buy him if everything goes south quickly?

Theres little escaping the poor form of the team over the last 2 years or so.

To really overcome that he'd need to finish 2nd or win another trophy.

Definitely needs another trophy and soon i hope , by whatever means 

We could be 5-0 up against a 9 man celtic at HT with a serious chance of taking revenge for the 9-0 & Mcinnes would reel the team in & tell them to calm down.

Either from pity for the opposition, or fear of latter retribution or some other spineless reason he has for his complete lack of a nasty streak.

The 0-7 v Dundee was a freak result under Mcinnes & he let the players off with it because it was Considines birthday 

• Downvote 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

We could be 5-0 up against a 9 man celtic at HT with a serious chance of taking revenge for the 9-0 & Mcinnes would reel the team in & tell them to calm down.

Either from pity for the opposition, or fear of latter retribution or some other spineless reason he has for his complete lack of a nasty streak.

The 0-7 v Dundee was a freak result under Mcinnes & he let the players off with it because it was Considines birthday 

The 7-2 against Motherwell the month before must’ve been another freak. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agreed.

Just a pity we have a double header against them?

Are we likely to beat them twice in 7 days? 
I’d sacrifice this weekend for a win next weekend. 

Aye. I'd accept a draw this weekend provided we won next week!

On a serious note I'd accept a Scottish cup win over a plucky third place finish any day of the week. 

8 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

I couldn’t give a fuck if winning the Scottish Cup gets you straight to the Chumps League Final or 14th qualifying round in the Intertoto. 

Sport is about winning, we don’t win enough, we have a chance in last season’s Scottish Cup. A small chance, but a chance. Give us that fucking cup. 

The semi is huge for the Dons.

I think it'll be Hearts in the final who are perhaps on fire at the moment (no laughing at the back) but by December 20th they'll be dragged down to championship level with playing arbroath, morton etc every week.

12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The amount of shite you speak is unreal. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Does it? It's last season's Cup remember. If we were to win it, we'd only hold it for 6 months

Couldn’t care less.

Been far too long since we won it.

There is no reason we shouldn’t be challenging for the cups while still finishing minimum 3rd in the league this season with the squad we’ve got now.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The 7-2 against Motherwell the month before must’ve been another freak. 

We also beat Partick 6-0 away a couple months later and Killie 5-1 at home a couple months before.

I did not attend ANY of these games and it upsets me.

I wish Celtic had a Deila team or their current team in season 2016-17

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Surely going more defensive - like you've mentioned - would have been cowardly!? 

I'm saying many fans got what they asked for - us going toe to toe with them.

There is a time and place for defending.

A little bit more defensive and a little bit more discipline would have prevented us from conceding 3 goals.

We are more likely to win a tight boring game than a thriller against Celtic.

• Downvote 1
22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm saying many fans got what they asked for - us going toe to toe with them.

There is a time and place for defending.

A little bit more defensive and a little bit more discipline would have prevented us from conceding 3 goals.

We are more likely to win a tight boring game than a thriller against Celtic.

We were pinned back for large parts of the second half, with 2 tight defensive lines in front of Lewis.

but by going 'toe to toe' we got a draw and scored 3 goals. 

• Upvote 1