Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

34 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

^^^totally worth it

I think so. It was important to finish above them those first two seasons.

It was important to win that first game.

It was great to win the first two cup ties

It was great to end the ibrox hoodoo with three victories

Really grim post match interview. Even with those players out we should have more than enough to beat Hamilton.

Just woeful, woeful stuff. Predictable, uninteresting and easy to defend against. 

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Really grim post match interview. Even with those players out we should have more than enough to beat Hamilton.

Just woeful, woeful stuff. Predictable, uninteresting and easy to defend against. 

I agree about the interview.

Saying “we’ll take the positives, we got a point at a difficult venue & we’re back in 3rd” was horrible to hear.

Negative mentality. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Saying “we’ll take the positives, we got a point at a difficult venue & we’re back in 3rd” was horrible to hear.

Negative mentality. 

It really is absolute loser talk. Justifying that utter abomination of a 2nd half only perpetuates they cycle of mediocrity we're in. 

21 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That was a big one for him tonight. However I think it was a more difficult task than many think.

Not really difficult.

We were comfortable and under zero threat in the first half.

Nine players unavailable isn’t good obviously but should still have enough to get a 1-0 at Hamilton.

St Mirren away in the cup will be tougher & it’ll be the same squad. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It also shows that McInnes aims for 3rd with no ambition to even challenge for higher. 

I’m not defending McInnes, but who walks into a Scottish club that isn’t one of the arse cheeks and seriously thinks they’ve a chance to win the league?

Add in our seemingly happy to be the best of the rest attitude with semi finals being the benchmark in the cup competitions.

Scottish football out with those two is a collective loser mentality.

When the chairman of your own club wanks himself daft over the return of the Huns, you know the game’s a bogey!

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not really difficult.

We were comfortable and under zero threat in the first half.

Nine players unavailable isn’t good obviously but should still have enough to get a 1-0 at Hamilton.

St Mirren away in the cup will be tougher & it’ll be the same squad. 

unfortunately i was more surprised by how easy it was initially than how it ended up.

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Negative mentality. 

Fkn difficult venue my arse, difficult for fkn who? Only fkn us.

only game Accies have won at home this season is a 2-1 win v Ayr Utd.
Only other game they haven’t lost at home is a 1-1 draw with Dundee Utd. McInnes should have been laughed at by the interviewer for that statement even with a team of ‘fringe’ players he has previously deemed good enough as first 11 players.

Guys a fkn joke

Back to the old problem.

is coasting to 3rd enough?  Yes. Shouldn’t be, but is.

is shifesting to 3rd enough?  Arguably no, and the answer is muddied when a Killie or Well pops up to make it 4th

Is simply being shit and in a dog fight for 3rd,4th, 5th enough?  Regrettably still yes.  The competitive nature actually hides the failings

This one is a different beast altogether.  Seemingly more than good enough to be easily 3rd (and even that second 11 should have seen off Hamilton), but are for some bizarre reason adept at fucking it up.  

Hate to use a rocketism but just weak.

8 hours ago, YorkDon said:

I’m not defending McInnes, but who walks into a Scottish club that isn’t one of the arse cheeks and seriously thinks they’ve a chance to win the league?

Add in our seemingly happy to be the best of the rest attitude with semi finals being the benchmark in the cup competitions.

Scottish football out with those two is a collective loser mentality.

When the chairman of your own club wanks himself daft over the return of the Huns, you know the game’s a bogey!

He's been in charge for 7 years. He's got the biggest budget in our history. He's built this squad. He's been supported to bring in further players when we've been hit by injuries. 

What's the point in it all if the aim is to be 3rd and never, ever hope to do better? What exactly are we building for? 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I can cope with finishing 3rd if 3rd is not the limit of our ambition. 

It was a huge 3 points to go for last night.

We were a theoretical 4 behind Celtic and 9 behind the Huns going in to the match and we had a run of 8 matches without playing celtic, rangers or hibs.

We had, and still do arguably, a chance to keep in touch with the top two.

It's a big disappointment. It's been discussed plenty before that it could be an interesting season to be 5-10 points behind the top two with ten games to go because there is every chance one team has a full on meltdown in the last month of the season if they are not going to win the league.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's been in charge for 7 years. He's got the biggest budget in our history. He's built this squad. He's been supported to bring in further players when we've been hit by injuries. 

What's the point in it all if the aim is to be 3rd and never, ever hope to do better? What exactly are we building for? 

But the massive issue here is that for many (way too many) of our fans that's enough. "Be careful what you wish for...", "Don't you remember McGhee ?" Fucking losers the lot of 'em... Like Tories still blaming Labour for the financial crash of 2008 to cover their own inadequacies. Change is needed... Whether that's before his contract ends in 22 or not... Change will need to be well managed if he's not getting a contract extension. I've said on another thread, if he gets his full term he should be Craig Browned at the split... But I suspect if he fails to qualify for whatever the 3rd tier European contest we'll no doubt end up in, an early League Cup exit and/or poor League run early next summer/autumn and the right man becomes available, Cormack won't be that sentimental. If anything this Covid affected season/year and the debt we've accrued makes it even more essential that we have some extra European funds coming in to cover the debt. Failure to achieve that (again) and you'd find it hard to argue against giving someone else a go. (And as others have mentioned maybe someone with a bit of European pedigree)...

I'm just glad it's the League Cup up next. I realise where they are sitting in the league, but they are a far better side than Hamilton are. We are definitely no certainties to progress.

The only positive from the last week is that despite us suffering a predictable horsing at Ibrox and a shitshow at Hamilton, Hibs, despite having 2 home games in that same timeframe, still find themselves behind us in the league. 

After St Mirren, we at least get McCrorie, Ferguson and McLennan back (although our luck with injuries over the past 2 years is such that it would be no surprise if we then lose a couple of defenders for a few weeks).

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don’t disagree with any of that Parkie, but his brief when he took over, would have been, please bring us some respectability Derek, and if you can nip a cup along the way, you’ll go down as an Aberdeen legend.

You only need to look at what the pundits come out with when we voice our unhappiness at the eye bleeding football, and failure to beat the teams we should beat.

What do they expect?The man’s brought them their first trophy in years etc etc.

The fans ambitions will always be far loftier than the clubs.

Even if we did go on a mad run and were seriously challenging, or suddenly attracted an oligarch, or Chinese billionaire, the establishment would do everything it could to make sure we didn’t upset the status quo.

It’s all set up for those two horrible excuses for clubs to prosper domestically, then when they fail in European competition, the rest of us get blamed for not giving them enough of a challenge.

If you ever watch them in Europe, the pundits (always an ex player for them) blames the rest of the league for them failing at that level.

It must be boring to be a fan of the arse cheeks, lording it over the other lot when you are winning, then foaming at the mouth when it’s your turn to be second.

17 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

I don’t disagree with any of that Parkie, but his brief when he took over, would have been, please bring us some respectability Derek, and if you can nip a cup along the way, you’ll go down as an Aberdeen legend.

You only need to look at what the pundits come out with when we voice our unhappiness at the eye bleeding football, and failure to beat the teams we should beat.

Even if we did go on a mad run and were seriously challenging, or suddenly attracted an oligarch, or Chinese billionaire, the establishment would do everything it could to make sure we didn’t upset the status quo.

It’s all set up for those two horrible excuses for clubs to prosper domestically, then when they fail in European competition, the rest of us get blamed for not giving them enough of a challenge.

If you ever watch them in Europe, the pundits (always an ex player for them) blames the rest of the league for them failing at that level.

It must be boring to be a fan of the arse cheeks, lording it over the other lot when you are winning, then foaming at the mouth when it’s your turn to be second.

Good post, Yorkie. With the finances McInnes has been given this season,  and with how Shite Celtic are, we should be in 2nd place and on the coattails of Sevco. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Truth in some of your comments but this was in horseshit.

Bigger budget than the Aitken days for example when we spent millions on transfers alone?

30 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Truth in some of your comments but this was in horseshit.

Bigger budget than the Aitken days for example when we spent millions on transfers alone?

Am I wrong we're operating at record turnover levels? 

While not equivalent to budget, it's a decent barometer of what our budget will be IMO. 

Can you demonstrate why it's "horseshit"? 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Excellent post.

Their recent implementations of Covid 19 protocols for Scotland's Under 21s left a lot to be desired, on the eve of a hugely important match at Ibrox. Very coincidental. Just saying like. 

36 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Turnover is not relevant to the question of who had the biggest budget. The only thing that matters in any dispute like this is; who had the biggest budget?

There can be index linking of course, both on monetary values and market differences e.g. average wages then and now. 

I'd disagree that it's not relevant. I agree it's not the same as budget though. I did look for accounts info online but couldn't see anything that far back.

I should've previously said "one of the biggest budgets", which I think most would agree with. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Biggest budget, and signed mostly zimmer drivers.     [ Cormack do you have a replacement in mind who isn’t attracted to hopalong Cassidys.   ) 

His interview last night is still quite remarkable. It sums up his own mentality, and the mentality of his players. 

It was a shit result, we had more than enough talent out there to beat fodder cunts like Accies. It's when he says "we played well, but then we conceded a goal from a set piece" 

Aye, Derek. That's how it fuckin works. What's important is the reaction, and it wasn't there. 

9 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Gary Holt walks.  10th and 1 pt in 5 games not good enough.  Just saying....

I think it is Livi who will ultimately fall through the relegation trapdoor automatically. For that reason Holt has probably made the wise decision to get out before his managerial reputation took the inevitable hit that leading a side to relegation automatically brings.

As an aside...…….I don't get the hate for Hamilton Accies that many of our support have who don't have the same hatred for Livingston. Both have shite pitches but to my mind Hamilton have a far more sustainable model than Livi. Hamilton are always nurturing young local talent (and talent that has either been ignored by the arse cheeks or even been let go by them at a very young age written off as not good enough) and selling that talent on for decent fees. Livi in the main just sign lower league dross, although admittedly they did take a punt on Dykes that paid off handsomely.