Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah. Probably not. However, you could arguably say Goodwin is already a better manager than DM, moreover given he’s only been a manager for, phit, 3.5 years?

I say that given the respective budgets. I’d hazard a guess our average per 1st team player is on, say, £2.5k per week. St Mirren’s would be probably £1000 Max, per week? Plus DM is allowed a much bigger squad than his Paisley counterpart.

i don’t give a fuck about McCrorie, Ferguson, McLennon, Watkins, Wright, McGeouch not being available. Yesterday’s result was simply unacceptable and added to previous managerial performances, should result in the current incumbent being removed 

Goodwin ?

Have a word with yourself. 

26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You don’t think Goodwin is a better manager than McInnes?

I’m not touting him for any AFC managerial vacancy, should it arise, I’m just putting it out there that Goodwin is a better Manager than DM

No, I don’t. You’re being hysterical after a defeat, like some on here often are. Why are you not “touting him for any AFC managerial vacancy” if you think he’s a better manager than McInnes? Surely if he was better you’d want him in the job?

No way will Mcinnes be sacked this season I think we all can see this, he will probably see out his contract. This now is the time the club should be doing their homework and earmarking his replacement. We need someone with the balls to challenge the old firm without fear and also someone that can set a team up with game plans for different opposition. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I say that given the respective budgets. I’d hazard a guess our average per 1st team player is on, say, £2.5k per week. St Mirren’s would be probably £1000 Max, per week? Plus DM is allowed a much bigger squad than his Paisley counterpart.

You need a better calculator. It was sitting at roughly £2.8k/week over 2 years back. It will be a good bit higher than that now with Joe's new contract  (and also Ferguson) plus McCrorie, Hayes, Hedges etc all brought in. I'd guess it's now sitting slightly north of £3k/week.

But Goodwin is probably getting better value out of his squad. 

Main issue I have is we aren’t progressing and haven’t for years. If the board are relaying the message that this is as good as we can do then something isn’t right.

Like we’ve said nothing we can do until we have more money in to either get rid or wait until his contract runs out. He’s a steady manager in uncertain times so makes sense to keep him until we are back to sounder ways financially.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Main issue I have is we aren’t progressing and haven’t for years. If the board are relaying the message that this is as good as we can do then something isn’t right.

Like we’ve said nothing we can do until we have more money in to either get rid or wait until his contract runs out. He’s a steady manager in uncertain times so makes sense to keep him until we are back to sounder ways financially.

What pisses me off is that Celtic are clearly vulnerable this year.

As much as it pains me to say it, the huns look like they’ll win the league comfortably, but 2nd is up for grabs (& does that mean Champions League qualifiers in 21/22?). 

TBH. I wasn't thinking to much about this but that Celtic result has really pissed me off. 

We always have this problem in that Celtic and their riches stand in the way of our success, which is a justifiable argument. 

However that makes it even more important to be ready to take advantage when they slip up. And when they do, what do we do? We go and get knocked out by St Mirren. 

Fuck you Mciness. 

• Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

However that makes it even more important to be ready to take advantage when they slip up.

Indeed.

Every year for the last 5 fucking years.

SCOTTISH FA CUP    Su 01Nov 2020    
Celtic    2 - 0    Aberdeen    

SCOTTISH FA CUP    Su 14Apr 2019    
Aberdeen    0 - 3    Celtic    

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP    Su 02Dec 2018    
Celtic    1 - 0    Aberdeen    

SCOTTISH FA CUP    Sa 27May 2017    
Celtic    2 - 1    Aberdeen    

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP    Su 27Nov 2016    
Aberdeen    0 - 3    Celtic

25 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

TBH. I wasn't thinking to much about this but that Celtic result has really pissed me off. 

We always have this problem in that Celtic and their riches stand in the way of our success, which is a justifiable argument. 

However that makes it even more important to be ready to take advantage when they slip up. And when they do, what do we do? We go and get knocked out by St Mirren. 

Fuck you Mciness. 

100% this Ernie, totally agree.

I was raging last night & had kinda forgotten about it this morning.. and now I’m pissed off again.

Big chance blown. 
Cunts