Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Look at all the signings he's made since he came here.

There's what? 20 you could say have been a success.

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

Generously giving him 24-25 successes out of 70'ish.

Thats certainly not the reason to be sacking him

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

Fucking hell. That's about 70 players, around 10 a year. 

13 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

18 for me 

22 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

20 good signings there for me

26 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

I find the concept of also quoting this so the next poster has to scroll further than me, very satisfying.

McInnes oot plz.

K

Thnx

Bi

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

seeing McInnes post match interview there is no way he is under any impression that he might be removed as manager

Watched it too. When you see other interviews from managers we've had before it's clear they expect to be put out their misery. Mcinnes has absolutely no expectation of this. 

February fixture list is tough so he may be saying something different by then. 

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges
McGeouch
Kennedy
Hernandez
Gallagher
Vyner
Ferguson
Forrester
Gleeson
Cerny
Halford
Ball
Lowe
Stewart
Tansey
Maynard
Mackay-Steven
Arnason
May
Cosgrove
Devlin
McGinn
Christie
Nwakali
Woodman
Stockley
Lewis
Alexander
Morris
O'Connor
Storey
Burns
Maddison
Shinnie
Quinn
Lennox
Ward
Parker
McLaughlin
Collin
Church
Brown
Goodwillie
Driver
McLean
Monakana
Daniels
Flood
Robson
Zola
Wylde
Weaver
Shankland
Hector
Tate
Rooney
Logan

You've forgotten the most criminal singing of them all. James fucking Wilson. When I heard we were in for him, I looked into his career and it quickly became apparent he was on a downward spiral to the bottom which would not be halted. 

Sure a lot of fans were taken in by the "used to play for Man U" bullshit, but the manager of the fucking club should not have been, especially since we ended up shouting from the rooftops that we'd wasted the DNA money on the cunt. 

So he comes in and is an abject failure. What does McInnes do? Goes and gives him a permanent contract. 

• Upvote 2

Aye, the same old "remember where we were before... who else could we get?!... you're living in the past... unrealistic expectations...etc." horseshit comes to the fore every time someone questions the status quo. It's 2008-09 all over again, when the same phrases were trotted out time and again, after a manager outstayed his natural tenure and was in the midst of an undeserved 3 year contract extension. I honestly didn't think the club would be daft enough to repeat that same folly, but there you go.

As I said a couple of years ago, the advantages that McInnes inherited in his first couple of years (no Huns, with Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd all relegated in his first few seasons) have long since eroded and the last 2 and a half seasons exposed the fact that, for all the media hype, he is only one standard deviation above Calderwood as a football manager. Both came in and rescued a sinking ship, for which they both deserve credit and should be eternally thanked, but when it came time to really kick on and challenge (i.e. step out of the comfort zone) it's become clear they were out of their depth.

Cormack has said and done much to be admired so far, albeit he was starting from a terribly low point, with the Wig Wam Bam having set the bar so low, but I feel his choice of next manager will go a long, long way to telling us the direction of travel his stewardship will take us. Honeymoon period is over Dave, time to act and show us you walk the walk you so eloquently talk.

I'm not in the Mciness out mob (edit I'm not in the Mciness stay mob either) but it was so hard watching Main and Kennedy playing today and questioning why the fuck we'd signed them, when 30 minutes investingation into their pre AFC careers should have told McInnes they were not good enough. 

I can forgive him if he signs someone who has had  a good career to date or is young and then fails to live up to expectations.  But why on earth did he think these guys would do then business when all the evidence of their careers to date was screaming out that they wouldn't. 

Both and want him gone.  I said about a year to 18 months ago he should go and would go with the vast majorities good grace. (he's been due the dunt for 2 years imo) 

That's long gone and it's becoming more toxic by the week. 

With no sight of fans getting back, terrible fitba and results  on show next season is going to be a hard sell for cormack if things dont change ASAP 

• Upvote 1

There's absolutely no evidence fans will be back by August at this stage. 

Season tickets would be a tough sell regardless of how we were playing. 

I think a core of 3 to 4000 would buy regardless how bad we are or if they could go. 

It may be club increases pptv price and just tries to survive of that. 

Some fans will demand refunds I think after this year. I've got dna but no season, I've paid significantly less than season ticket holders to see every home game. That model can't happen again. 

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Both and want him gone.  I said about a year to 18 months ago he should go and would go with the vast majorities good grace. (he's been due the dunt for 2 years imo) 

That's long gone and it's becoming more toxic by the week. 

With no sight of fans getting back, terrible fitba and results  on show next season is going to be a hard sell for cormack if things dont change ASAP 

Aye but what im saying is they have my financial backing regardless. Is my voice worthless? I'd hazard a guess a lot lot more folk that people would realise are in that boat. 

I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years and the last 15 or so in the same seat. Hardly any one around me has changed in that 15 years. There are lots who will go regardless of home circumstances, football circumstances or anything else

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye but what im saying is they have my financial backing regardless. Is my voice worthless? I'd hazard a guess a lot lot more folk that people would realise are in that boat. 

I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years and the last 15 or so in the same seat. Hardly any one around me has changed in that 15 years. There are lots who will go regardless of home circumstances, football circumstances or anything else

Aye, similar. There are a lot of faces been there 15 years plus. 

Still though, I do think next season is a hard sell. I've nae idea what the cost of a ST and DNA is in total(must be 500 plus?) , but will 100% be questioning whether its worth it next year.... Unless things improve on the footballing and virus front. 

7 minutes ago, RUL said:

There's absolutely no evidence fans will be back by August at this stage. 

Season tickets would be a tough sell regardless of how we were playing. 

I think a core of 3 to 4000 would buy regardless how bad we are or if they could go. 

It may be club increases pptv price and just tries to survive of that. 

Some fans will demand refunds I think after this year. I've got dna but no season, I've paid significantly less than season ticket holders to see every home game. That model can't happen again. 

Yes if there is no sign of getting 5000-10000 fans in to the same game then its difficult to second guess what the club will do.

The season ticket has been worth about £200 and there have been plenty like myself that have paid £450 or whatever it was for that

He gets a free pass for the defeats against the ugly sisters, not that I necessarily agree with that, but it's the way it is (huge budget difference etc) but that's now both a shocking Motherwell team and Ross County that have beaten us by 3 goals.

Aside from that the football is absolutely shite. You can just about get away with negative football if you've got the results there to back yourself up but he's not getting those either. He's been here a long time now and it looks like he's just run his course. Who replaces him I haven't got a fucking clue.

9 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

You've forgotten the most criminal singing of them all. James fucking Wilson. When I heard we were in for him, I looked into his career and it quickly became apparent he was on a downward spiral to the bottom which would not be halted. 

Sure a lot of fans were taken in by the "used to play for Man U" bullshit, but the manager of the fucking club should not have been, especially since we ended up shouting from the rooftops that we'd wasted the DNA money on the cunt. 

So he comes in and is an abject failure. What does McInnes do? Goes and gives him a permanent contract. 

Only positive use of DNA this time around would be to use it to get rid of McInnes.