Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

How much of you calling for mcinnes to go are season ticket or dna members?

I'm both but I doubt i'd take away my backing if we lost 20 games in a row

edit: financial backing im meaning of course id be at the main stand front door in that instance

I've got both and wouldn't have renewed this year but my mate went down and renewed without telling me, so I felt obliged to keep it on this year.

As it stands right now, I'm not going to renew.

I'm not going to continue to pay top dollar for charlatans on the park and the dug out who obviously don't give a fuck.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

edit: financial backing im meaning of course id be at the main stand front door in that instance

I signed up to DNA this year to fire a wee bit of cash to the club, and buy the home games, regardless of whether I can watch them or not. That count?

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

I signed up to DNA this year to fire a wee bit of cash to the club, and buy the home games, regardless of whether I can watch them or not. That count?

for sure that can count. I'm just meaning its really about the folk set to withdraw their financial support if we keep mcinnes that are important.

Happy clappers like me and folk that have been to 2 games in 10 years dont count (or have contributed equivalent through dna / merchandise)

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

for sure that can count. I'm just meaning its really about the folk set to withdraw their financial support if we keep mcinnes that are important.

Happy clappers like me and folk that have been to 2 games in 10 years dont count (or have contributed equivalent through dna / merchandise)

Count me in as one of them?

Not a chance they’re getting £220 off me or whatever it is, for DNA, if McInnes is still there.

How many DNAers are there? 

Would a 50% drop off in numbers be the rough amount needed to pay off the management team? Probably not. But it would be not far off.

Cormack will be well aware of the consequences of keeping him next season. 

Guest milne_afc
5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes at Fir Park. I'd imagine figuring out how we can nullify the Steelmen.

How is that within the COVID protocol?

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not a chance they’re getting £220 off me or whatever it is, for DNA, if McInnes is still there.

Would a 50% drop off in numbers be the rough amount needed to pay off the management team? Probably not. But it would be not far off.

It doesn't need to be the amount required for mcinnes, which as ive said ten times we wont be paying in a one-er, it just needs to be a significant drop off of contributers. Say 20% drop but its hard to measure as some may not be able to afford and some may drop regardless of whether we finish 2nd or 6th due to lack of crowds the next few years

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I both a ST holder and DNA contributer to the club.

Me continuing this is under review and strongly dependent on whether McInnes is in the dugout or not. Stays i may not, goes and I'm in.

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Both and want him gone.  I said about a year to 18 months ago he should go and would go with the vast majorities good grace. (he's been due the dunt for 2 years imo) 

That's long gone and it's becoming more toxic by the week. 

With no sight of fans getting back, terrible fitba and results  on show next season is going to be a hard sell for cormack if things dont change ASAP 

Agree with this also. I've been bored out of my skull since McInnes hit his peak in 2017 when his best team broke up.

The last few seasons have been a struggle, and got to say that during lockdown restrictions I've not missed going to the game that much. Missed the camaraderie with my fellow fans pre and post match, but that's about it.

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

I both a ST holder and DNA contributer to the club.

Me continuing this is under review and strongly dependent on whether McInnes is in the dugout or not. Stays i may not, goes and I'm in.

Agree with this also. I've been bored out of my skull since McInnes hit his peak in 2017 when his best team broke up.

The last few seasons have been a struggle, and got to say that during lockdown restrictions I've not missed going to the game that much. Missed the camaraderie with my fellow fans pre and post match, but that's about it.

I needed the short break from it in the first weeks (season ticket since 2005) but id be keen to go back now. Even mcinnes eye bleeding football would be decent after a year off

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I needed the short break from it in the first weeks (season ticket since 2005) but id be keen to go back now. Even mcinnes eye bleeding football would be decent after a year off

Once restrictions are lifted and fans are allowed back I'll probably be more than happy to go back. Even more so if McInnes is gone.

The guys on the 'Here we go' podcast touched on it yesterday by saying that if Aberdeen continue to persist with McInnes that fans can very easily get out of the habit of going and find something else better to do instead.

Look at the recent record, it wouldn't have me rushing back if I could.

3 wins in 11

1 away win in our last 9 games in all competitions

9 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The withdrawing financial support is hardly ideal but it’s all we’ve got.  Ordinarily Pittodrie would have been venting their feelings since November so pish like “let’s try Hayes/Hedges/dusty bin at Right back would have been rightly slated.

I'm unsure if in an ideal world that McInnes would still be here if fans were allowed in the grounds. The bile spewed forth in his direction would make it impossible for Cormack not to act. He's fortunate its only words on the Internet just now. Yesterday would've been particularly poisonous I feel had fans been there.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep but I wish he would get to hear it

Its such a shame, because he is now eating into all of the goodwill he created for himself 

Not unlike lennon at Celtic 

Correct.

2014 is a long time ago, especially so in the football environment. With every poor display and decision from McInnes more and more loyal fans turn there back.

19 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I'm unsure if in an ideal world that McInnes would still be here if fans were allowed in the grounds. The bile spewed forth in his direction would make it impossible for Cormack not to act. He's fortunate its only words on the Internet just now. Yesterday would've been particularly poisonous I feel had fans been there.

Its hard to know as football would be so different. 

38 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, COVID has kept him in a job IMO. 
Finances & crowds (a lack of both) has meant he’s still here. 

I know McInnes has said no more squad additions. But our back line is pretty much decimated by injury/old age/being on holiday with their wife. 

Even if it's just a couple loans to tide us through, Cormack has no option other than to loosen the purse strings or else our season could become a sudden total burst.

Downside is by doing so, it likely makes any immediate change to the managerial situation very unlikely....certainly not until summer anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I know McInnes has said no more squad additions. But our back line is pretty much decimated by injury/old age/being on holiday with their wife. 

Even if it's just a couple loans to tide us through, Cormack has no option other than to loosen the purse strings or else our season could become a sudden total burst.

Downside is by doing so, it likely makes any immediate change to the managerial situation very unlikely....certainly not until summer anyway. 

Aye I think we'll end up getting a defender in on loan from somewhere. 

And some Hun on loan as part of the Wright deal.

And then we'll go again as Derek likes to say. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think we make enough in a year from DNA to cover paying off the management team 

Just now, NEM said:

I don’t think we make enough in a year from DNA to cover paying off the management team 

Maybe not.

What I’m trying to say is if we keep McInnes, the amount we’d lose by dropping season tickets sales/DNA would be a good proportion of the amount we’d need to pay him off. 

I think it’ll be a far tougher sell if he’s there as opposed to a new manager and the interest & renewed enthusiasm that should hopefully bring.