Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I know McInnes has said no more squad additions. But our back line is pretty much decimated by injury/old age/being on holiday with their wife. 

Even if it's just a couple loans to tide us through, Cormack has no option other than to loosen the purse strings or else our season could become a sudden total burst.

Downside is by doing so, it likely makes any immediate change to the managerial situation very unlikely....certainly not until summer anyway. 

The potential benefits of finishing third this season outweigh those from any other season, not signing new players and or a new manager during January could drastically affect the clubs medium to long term ambitions. 

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

The potential benefits of finishing third this season outweigh those from any other season, not signing new players and or a new manager during January could drastically affect the clubs medium to long term ambitions. 

Why are we still in a position where we have to make lots of signings continuously to be able to pick a half decent team? 

He's blown this year's budget and part of next year's already.  Where is the money coming from?  Why does he continually need bailed out financially? 

And the squad is an absolute shambles. Crocks, loans and semi retired players everywhere. Square pegs in round holes still an issue. 

Prediction - when Dons next win a game (may be a while on current form) Cormack will break his silence and back the manager in some shape or form. The BBC mafia will also back DM in a "careful what you wish for" way, via Stewart, English and co.

Me? I've seen the steady decline since 2017 and am strongly inclined to not renew my season ticket until such a time as the powers at be, and media, start acknowledging what we are seeing week in week out and do something about it.

I am not for one minute expecting to challenge for the league right away but I want to see a better product on the pitch, which doesn't lose 4-1 to the bottom side in the league. Yesterday was the final straw for me.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are we still in a position where we have to make lots of signings continuously to be able to pick a half decent team? 

He's blown this year's budget and part of next year's already.  Where is the money coming from?  Why does he continually need bailed out financially? 

And the squad is an absolute shambles. Crocks, loans and semi retired players everywhere. Square pegs in round holes still an issue. 

As I said a new manager is needed 

30 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Did you read the quotes from the AGM? 

The only way we'll see a change in management is if we drop to 5th. Cormack made it clear that because the prize money is good, it looks favourably on the manager.

Whilst Livi are on a good run, Hibs are always capable of crashing and when faced with adversity we tend to grind out horrible, ugly wins. We're also still in the Scottish Cup, should it be played to completion, and that's something they'll still think they can win. 

Unless there are mass fan protests outside the stadium a la Celtic fans at Parkhead, McInnes will remain comfortably in his seat, earning more money than any non OF manager in the history of Scottish football. 

You been down to Pittodrie today Consi?...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6546956/aberdeen-fans-mcinnes-banner-pittodrie/

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

As I said a new manager is needed 

Wasn't having a go at you. 

Heard a lot of people suggesting the board need to back the manager as if he is blameless and it's all the board's fault that we're struggling lately.  He's continously getting bailed out. 

Was allowed to get McGeouch in January to help fix the midfield after signing Ojo who was meant to fix the previous mess created by signing Forrester and Gleeson. 

Was allowed to sign McCrorie because Ojo is shite and surprise surprise McGeouch is constantly injured. 

Was given money to sign Ferguson prior to that. 

And that's just one position over the last 18 months.  That's not even getting started on the defence and attack which is an even bigger tale of woe.

His wage budget has gone up significantly in the last 3 years.  

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Heard a lot of people suggesting the board need to back the manager as if he is blameless and it's all the board's fault that we're struggling lately.  He's continously getting bailed out. 

Was allowed to get McGeouch in January to help fix the midfield after signing Ojo who was meant to fix the previous mess created by signing Forrester and Gleeson. 

Was allowed to sign McCrorie because Ojo is shite and surprise surprise McGeouch is constantly injured. 

And that's just one position over the last 18 months.  That's not even getting started on the defence and attack which is an even bigger tale of woe.

Your last sentence....

Cormack has admitted that... BUT... he said the “success” & consistency that McInnes has given us has brought that increase about. 

I still can't believe the £17k a week figure is true, but if it's five figures, then I'd say we are not getting value for money and could certainly attract a competent replacement for such a price, especially with the new training facilities, a promise of annual European football and the chance of an occasional trophy.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Feels like we are back to where we were a year ago if not worse off 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Your last sentence....

Cormack has admitted that... BUT... he said the “success” & consistency that McInnes has given us has brought that increase about. 

Aye and the continued DNA money as well though. 

There needs to be more accountability for signings as too much money is getting squandered. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Your last sentence....

He's been given a fee to buy a lot of midfielders in the last 2 years. 

Forrester

Ferguson

Ojo 

McCrorie 

Did we have to pay a fee for McGeouch too to get him early? 

He's paid money for just about all of them. This is not a selection of waifs and strays on free transfers. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree. 
A success rate of 25-30% (see King Street Loon’s list from last night) should be unacceptable.

Russ Richardson needs punted too. I suppose he’d go if McInnes left. 

KSLs list was a real eye opener. 

Averaging about 10 signings a season (permanent and loan). Not even counting youth coming through. 

43 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Nope. tough titty if you don’t like it. One is a very good mate of mine, who I’ve known for years. No reason to doubt him. 

How would they even know? Derek text the SPFL managers group chat? 

20 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Look at all the signings he's made since he came here.

There's what? 20 you could say have been a success.

Hayes
Hoban
Leigh
Woods
Edmondson
Watkins
McCrorie
Taylor
Main
Ojo
Bryson
Hedges