Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The only problem with that is if Clarke takes us to Qatar which is held in the Nov/Dec. Although it's not as if he's short of a bob or 2. He might even quite fancy a 6 month break.

But if Scotland fail to qualify then I'm sure Clarke will resign. That would work out perfectly if Cormack chooses to ignore the wishes of our support and keeps DM in place till the end of his contract

You never know, Clarke might take the Sellic job in the summer, after the Euros are done.
There’s a reason why Lennon hasn’t  been bulleted yet (pardon the unfortunate phrasing) maybe he’s been asked to stay on till the summer when Clarke is then available.

THEN, DM replaces him? 

Everyone’s a winner .....

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You never know, Clarke might take the Sellic job in the summer, after the Euros are done.
There’s a reason why Lennon hasn’t  been bulleted yet (pardon the unfortunate phrasing) maybe he’s been asked to stay on till the summer when Clarke is then available.

THEN, DM replaces him? 

Everyone’s a winner .....

The reason for Lennon not being bulleted i am putting down to lawell not wanting the next manager to be tainted by too much of this season. Try to eek things out for a while.

29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Catch up on the thread......

We do have a very good squad. The 25 man squad assembled this summer was very decent. Since then some players, and most importantly Cosgrove, have been a big let down and that's exaggerating our shitness. We currently have Hernandez, Cosgrove, McGinn, Ojo, Logan, McGeouch and Devlin all being counted as zero. On paper they are players that can contribute.

And one trophy in 8 years is good enough. It's two trophies in 31 years that is not good enough.

on paper, we looked good.

In reality, we've a piss poor squad, depth wise. 

Up front - When Watkis got injured, we were stuck with 2 large, immobile, slow strikers. 

Defense - Covered it below, but we've got 1 decent CB at the club in Hoban. The rest are not good enough.  We bought a RB, never played him (probably because he's shite) and a guy whos past it. At LB we've Leigh and Considine. Considine is fine as backup, Leigh is too injury prone. Quite liked him in his first spell, but he's no Max Lowe. 

Midfield - our strongest area, but still missing that Shinnie type player to boss it. Everyone seems to be defensive Mids.  

We should not be as shit as we are going forward when you look at the forward line in 20+ goal scorer Cosgrove, Wright, Kennedy, Hayes and Hedges. With Watkins we were far more fluid, but since he got injured we've relied on Main/Cosgrove, and it's just not working.

• Ojo - Waste of a wage
  • McGeough - Constantly injured. No better than Campbell
  • Hernandez - Enough has already been said about this signing. He's clearly not good enough or he'd have played
  • Logan - Past It
  • McGinn - Past it
  • Main - Not good enough
  • Cosgrove - When he's on form, he's good. Otherwise he's a complete waste of a shirt.
  • Devlin -  Best written off now.
  • Wright - Constantly injured. Came onto form and got injured again. 
  • Hedges - One of very few good things this season
  • Hayes - See Hedges
  • Watkins - LOAN - But he was very good before he got injured. The shiteness we've played since then has illustrated how poor the depth of our squad is / how we have no backup plan.
  • Taylor - Started season well, probably been more good than bad. But still nowhere near good enough
  • Hoban - Shame he's having to be in a back line up with Logan and Taylor. Needs someone decent beside him. We have Considine, Taylor, Hoban and Devlin as our CBs. 3 of those 4 are not good enough.
  • Kennedy - Flatters to deceive in most games. I still think there's a player there.
  • Ferguson - Feel like he's gone off the boil a bit this season. 
  • McCrorrie - Same as Ferguson. Would rather he played further forward.
  • Campbell - Tidy enough, but really could have done with a season on loan playing first team football
  • Anderson - Not good enough. Get rid. 
  • Lewis - Needs better support infront of him.
  • Leigh - Forgot about him. Injury prone as well.

Probably missed some players, but we've got the slowest forwards in the league and a shite defence. 

You could argue we've been unlucky with injuries, but half of them are constantly injured, or we've bought them knowing they had past injury problems.

I don't think he's getting the best out of the players at his disposal. He signs players who have done well at previous clubs, and then been absolutely shite for us. Stewart, Kennedy, McGeough for example. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Up front - When Watkis got injured, we were stuck with 2 large, immobile, slow strikers. 

Defense - Covered it below, but we've got 1 decent CB at the club in Hoban. The rest are not good enough.  We bought a RB, never played him (probably because he's shite) and a guy whos past it. At LB we've Leigh and Considine. Considine is fine as backup, Leigh is too injury prone. Quite liked him in his first spell, but he's no Max Lowe. 

Midfield - our strongest area, but still missing that Shinnie type player to boss it. Everyone seems to be defensive Mids.  

We should not be as shit as we are going forward when you look at the forward line in 20+ goal scorer Cosgrove, Wright, Kennedy, Hayes and Hedges. With Watkins we were far more fluid, but since he got injured we've relied on Main/Cosgrove, and it's just not working.

• Ojo - Waste of a wage
  • Hernandez - Enough has already been said about this signing. He's clearly not good enough or he'd have played
  • Logan - Past It
  • McGinn - Past it
  • Main - Not good enough
  • Cosgrove - When he's on form, he's good. Otherwise he's a complete waste of a shirt.
  • Hayes - See Hedges
  • Watkins - LOAN - But he was very good before he got injured. The shiteness we've played since then has illustrated how poor the depth of our squad is / how we have no backup plan.
  • Taylor - Started season well, probably been more good than bad. But still nowhere near good enough
  • Hoban - Shame he's having to be in a back line up with Logan and Taylor. Needs someone decent beside him. We have Considine, Taylor, Hoban and Devlin as our CBs. 3 of those 4 are not good enough.
  • Kennedy - Flatters to deceive in most games. I still think there's a player there.
  • Campbell - Tidy enough, but really could have done with a season on loan playing first team football

Probably missed some players, but we've got the slowest forwards in the league and a shite defence. 

You could argue we've been unlucky with injuries, but half of them are constantly injured, or we've bought them knowing they had past injury problems.

I don't think he's getting the best out of the players at his disposal. He signs players who have done well at previous clubs, and then been absolutely shite for us. Stewart, Kennedy, McGeough for example. 

Hard to disagree with much of that loon. Sadly.

37 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What was wrong with what I said there? Whoever wins the cup will be a more successful club than AFC have in the last 20 years. That's the truth. 

I look at it that way too. Finish comfortably every season (not that we've even done that) and win 1 league cup or... as a potential Livingston example.... win the league cup twice, the first division, the play offs, the second division twice, the third division once and the challenge cup.... Livi fans will be buzzing. Bring back the drummer

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

• Ojo - Waste of a wage
  • Logan - Past It
  • McGinn - Past it
  • Main - Not good enough
  • Hayes - See Hedges

Watkins, Main, Cosgrove and Edmondson as four strikers looked ok in the summer in my opinion. I used to rate Cosgrove but I hold my hands up and admit he is no better than Main. Both Cosgrove and Main will leave the club on free transfers.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Watkins, Main, Cosgrove and Edmondson as four strikers looked ok in the summer in my opinion. I used to rate Cosgrove but I hold my hands up and admit he is no better than Main. Both Cosgrove and Main will leave the club on free transfers.

Should have sold Cosgrove when we could (if we could). I think he believes his own hype, which is preventing him from improving.  He is a good striker with the right players around him and when he's got the right attitude, but he's absolutely honking otherwise, worse than a man down. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Should have sold Cosgrove when we could (if we could). I think he believes his own hype, which is preventing him from improving.  He is a good striker with the right players around him and when he's got the right attitude, but he's absolutely honking otherwise, worse than a man down. 

We did try & sell Cosgrove.

We publicly admitted accepting a fee. 

Cosgrove is better than Main, only because Main is up there in a list of the worst strikers ever seen at Pittodrie (Mike, Hinds, Zdrilic, Stewart, D’Jaffo etc). 

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

• Ojo - Waste of a wage
  • Logan - Past It
  • McGinn - Past it
  • Main - Not good enough
  • Hayes - See Hedges

Agree with most of that although I think Considine is Ok as long as he is played at Centre half, MCcrorie and Ferguson are certainly going to be pluses for the next Manager and I think Deano will fit in much better with a new Manager also, you've missed Mclennan from there but not much of a miss

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We did try & sell Cosgrove.

We publicly admitted accepting a fee. 

Cosgrove is better than Main, only because Main is up there in a list of the worst strikers ever seen at Pittodrie (Mike, Hinds, Zdrilic, Stewart, D’Jaffo etc). 

I am struggling for an argument for any of Mike, Hinds, Zdrilic, Stewart, D’Jaffo being worse than Main and they were all utter shite. I suppose Main is current but god he is so poor. Any manager should be sacked for signing him but our manager not only signed him he also continues to play him

4 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Agree with most of that although I think Considine is Ok as long as he is played at Centre half, MCcrorie and Ferguson are certainly going to be pluses for the next Manager and I think Deano will fit in much better with a new Manager also, you've missed Mclennan from there but not much of a miss

Forgot about McLennan. Another player who I rate(d), but seems to flatter to deceive. 

Again, on paper we should be far better than we are, but it's honestly not clicking. Too many good players not pulling their weight, and too many dead weight / constantly injured players.  The former Mcinnes should be addressing, the latter we need to a) stop buying injured players and b) cut our losses and get rid of the likes of Devlin

I think we all had bigger expectations with Edmondson. On paper it seemed like we were getting a highly rated youngster but despite a bright start never really made much of an impression. Main is just your average journeyman forward. Can bang in the odd goal but has no consistency, doesn’t make things happen or hold up play in the final third which is required with Derek’s 1 up front policy. Cosgrove is either red hot or stone cold, there’s no middle ground it seems. Sadly it’s the latter that’s got the jersey at the moment. Watkins definitely seemed to suit our style of play and brought the midfield into play. Hedges and Wright looked handy and Ferguson was much more influential. I’m guessing he won’t be back though. This leaves the divisive Anderson who has yet to prove he has what it takes at this level. All in all there’s little to have opposition defences too concerned.

36 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn’t write off Cosgrove yet, need to play to his strengths which we haven’t done since Stevie May moved on 

All the strikers are shite unfortunately.  Cosgrove the most effective of any of them but practically 100% reliant on service, couldn't fashion a chance for himself if his life depended in it.  Take away his 22 penalties over the last 2 years and things start to look less prolific. 

Main, Edmondson and Anderson are lucky to be professional footballers. Not sure how many of them still will be in a couple of years time. 

It took a loanee to come in and play out of position there to really drive the point home.  Someone willing to graft and try and make things happen even though he was only in a short term loan. Showed them all up and shamed others in the team into putting in similar levels of effort for the cause. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

What!?!?

When the alternatives are Anderson and Main then Cosgrove has to be the first choice - he has a goal scoring pedigree so assuming no signings in to replace him we have to find a way of getting him scoring. For me his best spell was when he had Stevie May playing alongside him.

Just now, starryfish said:

When the alternatives are Anderson and Main then Cosgrove has to be the first choice - he has a goal scoring pedigree so assuming no signings in to replace him we have to find a way of getting him scoring. For me his best spell was when he had Stevie May playing alongside him.

That's the biggest issue, we've fuck all striker backup. Cosgrove > Main > Anderson and that saying something when Cosgrove himself is utter shite ATM. 

2 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'm pretty sure he was on the list of players that got let go and thanked for their efforts at the end of a season then he got signed up again next season just before the Burnley game? If so, that's signing him twice in my book. Maybe I'm talking shite.

Unbelievable that he signed Stewart twice and he was shit both times yet he still would have signed him a third time. A special type of special is Del Boy at times.

Stewart was shite both times he was here however the 6 month spell he had at Kilmarnock in between the 2 spells here, he was a contender for player of the year.

If you play him in a system where he is not required to track back, he is an excellent player at our level.

Play him as a winger that requires him to mark the full back and help out in defence, then he's as good as a man short.

49 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I wouldn’t write off Cosgrove yet, need to play to his strengths which we haven’t done since Stevie May moved on 

The cunt needs to change his boots, he's always slipping or falling over or get a bit of dig about him.

For someone that is built like Dolph Lungren, he goes down far too easily.