tup

Mcinnes

Definitely seems to be parallels to the latter period of Calderwood’s reign when the fans tired of the managers approach and became predictable, despite results not being terrible.

The good will generated from his early cup win has long since ran out and despite coming close a few times since then, we just can’t punch through and get that 2nd trophy that might get the fans believing again.
I doubt Cormack will be as patient as his predecessor should we make a slow start this season.  

Aye the first half of his reign up to 2017 was great.  You could feel the whole city getting behind the club and the team. 

Summer 2017 with the team breaking up and the flirting with Sunderland was the start of the downward spiral but we still had GMS, McLean, Christie and Shinnie etc to give us a bit of hope and quality. 

Last 2 seasons have been poor though.  More and more defensive, long ball and one paced by the month. 

We've got a huge squad with some decent players in comparison with most of the league.  There's really no excuse to not let them off the leash. 

Edited by aberdeen1970
Missing word

On the team for Saturday I actually personally thought we should play no striker (Hayes or Kennedy up front) but McInnes probably knew we were on a hiding to nothing in this game and he would have been absolutely slaughtered for not playing Anderson/striker

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Hasn’t had a Queen of the south.   Yet.

Hibs in the League Cup a few seasons back wasn't far off it. At that point they couldn't get themselves out of the Championship (nor could sevco 😂)

Team showed on Saturday that they have no idea what their strengths are & that comes from poor management not a collective of all like minded players thoughts. 

sounds like a dig at McInnes & it is basically.

simple as that.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Hibs in the League Cup a few seasons back wasn't far off it. At that point they couldn't get themselves out of the Championship (nor could sevco 😂)

That would have been in no way alike

Mcinnes quotes today, Anderson had a tough game against my blue nosed buddies.   Plus the forwards lacked pressing ideas.     Mcinnes you are supposed to be the manager and coach like previous seasons you have no fricking  idea and tactics.  Most of the blame for lack of ideas is you have none.     

The Peter and Roughie show is a shitshow, that's a given, however, Peter Martin, for all his faults, is questioning McInnes today, when NOBODY else in the media is.

I fed him a few questions in today's show and he's not holding back. Good on you, Peter

19 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Mcinnes quotes today, Anderson had a tough game against my blue nosed buddies.   Plus the forwards lacked pressing ideas.     Mcinnes you are supposed to be the manager and coach like previous seasons you have no fricking  idea and tactics.  Most of the blame for lack of ideas is you have none.     

Bruce, jonnie and Matty:  right Boss when we get the opportunity to progress into their half in numbers what’s the plan?

Derek:  eh?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

The Peter and Roughie show is a shitshow, that's a given, however, Peter Martin, for all his faults, is questioning McInnes today, when NOBODY else in the media is.

I fed him a few questions in today's show and he's not holding back. Good on you, Peter

Link?

The squad looks decent... Certainly should on paper barring injury cruise 3rd place... Let another manager get a hold of them and see what they can do with them... There is absolutely nothing new that we haven't seen from DMc already that inspires me that he's well past his best. The dictionary definition of predictable.

11 hours ago, RUL said:

Not sure this is even true? Smith was struggling on his own. His win record was 30%. In the month leading up to his sacking we drew 3-3 2-2 and beat hearts 4-0 but were woefully inconsistent but wasn't many 1-0 wins in there.

Ironically Smith undoing was a 1-0 Scottish cup loss to rangers which really turned the fans. Sure he ass gone few weeks later 

Im pretty sure the scottish cup defeat as holders was to Motherwell, and a stevie kirk strike, 

Motherwell went on to win the cup that year

Much as I galls me to do so, I have to agree with the fucking Oaf when he said managers have shelf lives,. The good ones know when theirs is exhausted.

Tommy Wright  I think had reached his at St Johnstone, and he has the decency to move on. 

Eddie howe at Bournemouth another that has  realised his has been reached. 

No doubt mcinnes "credit" from winning a cup on penalties, against a smaller club, and with the majority of players he didn't sign. Is no longer enough. 

sorry still getting the hang of this new quote thing.  Re Smiths demise in 91/92

I think from memory the hun game was the first time we hit the Street In open protest.  He didn’t last many games more.

Your stats for win rate will be better than my hazy recollection for sure, but my abiding memory of Smiths era was going 1-0 up and then managing games out.  That and Gary Smith’s haircut.

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Im pretty sure the scottish cup defeat as holders was to Motherwell, and a stevie kirk strike, 

Motherwell went on to win the cup that year

But Smith wasn't sacked year after winning Scottish. 

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

A shame they only have about 13 viewers

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

That would have been in no way alike

Your knowledge of football could be written on a postage stamp. Take yourself off for another voluntary absence. 

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Your knowledge of football could be written on a postage stamp. Take yourself off for another voluntary absence. 

He was right though.

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Says the eejit who thinks being knocked out by hibs whilst in the championship would be nearly as bad as the QOTS result?

Your problem is that the authority with which you speak is in zero way backed up by the content 

You slabber a lot on here,  too much actually. You should post less 

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Why don't you have an avatar, MT? You should get one. 

Desperate Dan holds the copyright on massive chins sadly

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Why don't you have an avatar, MT? You should get one. 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Desperate Dan holds the copyright on massive chins sadly

Jimmy Hill will always be the football pioneer with the big chin ...

I really hope Cormack has had a word with McInnes.

"5 chances of silverwear this season. Last chance cunty".

Going on Saturdays peformance he hasn't..... yet.

If its a breach of protocol with the positive test then I'd think Cormack will hit the roof.

McInnes no longer (not sure he ever had) the strength to keep the squad in "order".

See: Logan for the last 3 seasons and players (and possibly Craig Broon) oot in toon after the performance v the huns.

Agreed with the worm above 

time for his coffin to be dropped off at the main stand