Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is reportedly interested in signing former England international goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

28-year-old Lewis has just been released from English Championship side Cardiff after a number of years with the club.

While playing for Peterborough, he earned a surprise call up to Fabio Capello’s England side to face USA and Trinidad and Tobago in 2008 but was not selected to play.

He has enjoyed successful spells at a number of English clubs but has been unable to earn another call up since.

Would rather have the Man Utd boy or Danny Ward if at all possible

I know nothing of this guy Joe Lewis but then again I know nothing of the boy from Man Utd. We need to forget about Ward, he's part of the Wales squad and now starting as their number 1. His stock is rising which means if he moves he will find a higher paying club than us.

I'd rather we found a competent keeper who comes her on a permanent basis

A younger promising keeper or a keeper who has struggled to hold a place at Cardiff, who has only played 40 games in 2 years.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, I was sceptical about Ward aswel and look how he turned out

So you'd rather take a keeper on loan again for a season, stick him in the shop window and lose him if he's any good than sign a keeper on a perm that has had England call ups in the past and is still to reach his prime?

As long as we get someone capable of organising our defense, that can come for a cross and that gives those in front of him confidence I dont care who they are or how many games they played last season or the season before.

If we get this guy and he's any good then we've scored. Even if he's average then he's still a major improvement on everyone we've had bar Ward since Kjaer.

• Upvote 1

Worried about this one... by the sound of things McInnes has been desperately trying to source a keeper for a while. This guy sounds like he's probably been well down the wish list.

What we don't need is another panic goalkeeper signing. Better off just giving Rogers the gloves - see what he's got - rather than risk signing another Collin/Brown.

Worried about this one... by the sound of things McInnes has been desperately trying to source a keeper for a while. This guy sounds like he's probably been well down the wish list.

What we don't need is another panic goalkeeper signing. Better off just giving Rogers the gloves - see what he's got - rather than risk signing another Collin/Brown.

Correct.

As I have been suggesting on some other threads, there is a slight worry that Afc are making a hash of this transfer window similar to January and arguably to last summer.

I hope to be proved wrong with some fantastic signings but I am not convinced.

I think we need more than the usual 2 or 3 in this window as well - 5 or 6 would be more like what we need if only to freshen things up.

Correct.

As I have been suggesting on some other threads, there is a slight worry that Afc are making a hash of this transfer window similar to January and arguably to last summer.

I think we need more than the usual 2 or 3 in this window as well - 5 or 6 would be more like what we need if only to freshen things up.

The telling factor is that McInnes usually gets his business done early. I think he's missed out on a few targets and is now struggling!

If reports are to be believed he made a massive play for Paul Hanlon. Unfortunately, Hanlon is a massive Hibee and was desperate to re-sign for Hibs and stay in Edinburgh. The Hibs forums seem to think he turned down a much bigger offer from us, in favour of re-signing for Hibs.

So you'd rather take a keeper on loan again for a season, stick him in the shop window and lose him if he's any good than sign a keeper on a perm that has had England call ups in the past and is still to reach his prime?

As long as we get someone capable of organising our defense, that can come for a cross and that gives those in front of him confidence I dont care who they are or how many games they played last season or the season before.

If we get this guy and he's any good then we've scored. Even if he's average then he's still a major improvement on everyone we've had bar Ward since Kjaer.

Spam is pretty much right. I'm not worried about our new keeper being a pish backup loan like we had to scrape in last minute like January. I'd rather a permanent signing this time

Best chance of a solid keeper is an EPL player on loan unfortunately - lower English leagues are crap and - failing McGovern - the upper end of the Scottish game is equally poor!

Totally disagree, the world doesn't end with the EPL, stop believing the Sky hype

Correct.

Well we need to replace Goodwillie/Church, so that is either of Storey, or Stockley (the other being a plus up front)

We still haven't replaced our "No.1" keeper (who ever the fk that was)

We still haven't replaced Robson

Going back to January, we still haven't replaced Quinn unless McKenna is taking that slot.

We still need at least TWO walk into first team types including the keeper just to roughly match last season & as hindsight has shown we needed more than that to keep up a decent first team going through the season.

McInnes still has fkn loads of work to do & I hope he's on it. But that said I am not too fussed if he's taking his time rather than panic buys for Europa. We "should" have enough to get through the first round as is.