Aberdeen V St Johnstone (1 - 0)

It's a poor show from our fans.

I don't know why we get better crowds in the Europa League against teams we've never heard of than a cup quarter final (Riga, Shkendija, Fola, Ventspils).

I will be there but its the excitment of playing in Europe which is bigger and playing someone different other than the usual 10 times we play the likes of st johnstone

Too many salivating at the thought of playing Sevco. Have heard many say they didn't miss them and wish they never came back, but here we are almost selling out against them. This game is huge and folk bang on about how we should be making finals, yet really paltry sales so far for such a big game. No doubt those prioritising over the Sevco game will moan when they cant get a ticket for the semi or final, if we make it.

It's a pity we didn't think of introducing a voucher system where fans going tomorrow night would be guaranteed a ticket for a Semi Final. Loyalty points pish likely puts paid to that anyway.

• Upvote 1

Lets just make sure we win it, only 8,000 sold for this but basically sold out for Huns. Pretty poor from our support.

A game on a Sunday afternoon, against a team we haven't played in years, who are traditional rivals for us is always going to sell more than a Thursday game, live on TV, against a team we played 3 weeks ago.

It's a pity we didn't think of introducing a voucher system where fans going tomorrow night would be guaranteed a ticket for a Semi Final. Loyalty points pish likely puts paid to that anyway.

Unless we get Morton in the semi, it'll be at Hampden and all who want a ticket will get one.

• Upvote 1

A game on a Sunday afternoon, against a team we haven't played in years, who are traditional rivals for us is always going to sell more than a Thursday game, live on TV, against a team we played 3 weeks ago.

Unless we get Morton in the semi, it'll be at Hampden and all who want a ticket will get one.

That is not true despite the old firm getting half each last time

There will be some obscure police/safety advice that says we only get two thirds or something

edit shit I miss-read as well but there can be no excuse for not giving the dons half the tickets against either of the old firm if we play them

Is foster still cup tied

edit never mind just checked on here

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/25081-aberdeen-v-saints-lc-quarter-final-22916/

also found this which i find strange and costing Aberdeen money

50 less Saints fans going to Aberdeen,

Police told bus company they thought there might be 'trouble' so bus company cancelled our booking this afternoon, gutted

Is foster still cup tied

edit never mind just checked on here

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/25081-aberdeen-v-saints-lc-quarter-final-22916/

also found this which i find strange and costing Aberdeen money

50 less Saints fans going to Aberdeen,

Police told bus company they thought there might be 'trouble' so bus company cancelled our booking this afternoon, gutted

If true biased as fuck as how many celtic/the rangers buses will get cancelled

Guest the shepherd

Play the way we did on Sunday and we will win, simple as that. No Beckenbauer-style heroics by our central defence and we will win. It would be great to actually see two start up front (Storey and Stockley). I think the penalty miss in Maribor has knocked a bit of stuffing out of Adam Rooney, bar his fine effort at Parkhead. No harm changing it up front for this one. Stockley can certainly look after himself against their big lumps (Steven Anderson et al) at the back.

See what people are saying about poor sales for tonight etc matched against Sunday etc but heres a thought for some, maybe some people, non season ticket holders, cannot afford to go to both?? It is a massive outlay for some to go to both games in 3 days when you consider all the other things you end up paying for so for a "family" of say 2 3 or 4 that is quite considerable. Not everyone in Aberdeen is a rich as the myths say they are........

I know they cut the costs of the tickets but personally still do not think it was enough, I would have made it £10 a ticket for all adults around the ground and kids in for a £1, granted that would be operating at a major loss but for a family of 4 that's just over £20 to see a big game and a little money left to spare. Clubs need the money of course but I do often feel AFC are guilty of thinking every supporter they have is loaded because of a certain industry in the area.......

See what people are saying about poor sales for tonight etc matched against Sunday etc but heres a thought for some, maybe some people, non season ticket holders, cannot afford to go to both?? It is a massive outlay for some to go to both games in 3 days when you consider all the other things you end up paying for so for a "family" of say 2 3 or 4 that is quite considerable. Not everyone in Aberdeen is a rich as the myths say they are........

I know they cut the costs of the tickets but personally still do not think it was enough, I would have made it £10 a ticket for all adults around the ground and kids in for a £1, granted that would be operating at a major loss but for a family of 4 that's just over £20 to see a big game and a little money left to spare. Clubs need the money of course but I do often feel AFC are guilty of thinking every supporter they have is loaded because of a certain industry in the area.......

Just look at this forum. 4 times as many posts on the sevco match game thread.

People just don't seem to care about tonights game as much.

Been feeling rough as fuck all week (some crappy virus). Last night in the haze of my fever I got a bit confused and turned on the radio expecting our match to be on I panicked for a moment that it didn't seem to be covered anywhere, swore at the cunts at the bbc.

Then I realised it was only wednesday.

Still, looking forward to it in anticipation of a win to really validate the new signings and regain some respect for Deek against Tommy Wright who seems to really have his number at times.

If McInnes moves on, would anyone fancy Tommy Wright for the job at the dons?