Aberdeen V St Johnstone (1 - 0)

Why folk are looking forward to The Rangers match more than this Cup tie is that when Aberdeen win tonight it does not mean we win the cup. One step closer yes.

Beating The Rangers on Sunday will see the Aberdeen fans gloat for weeks and see the huns greeting in their buckfast.

Plus some fans have to choose between the two because of financial reasons.

Aberdeen 3 St Johnstone 1

:sheepdance:

Been feeling rough as fuck all week (some crappy virus). Last night in the haze of my fever I got a bit confused and turned on the radio expecting our match to be on I panicked for a moment that it didn't seem to be covered anywhere, swore at the cunts at the bbc.

Then I realised it was only wednesday.

Still, looking forward to it in anticipation of a win to really validate the new signings and regain some respect for Deek against Tommy Wright who seems to really have his number at times.

If McInnes moves on, would anyone fancy Tommy Wright for the job at the dons?

Absolutely not.

Why folk are looking forward to The Rangers match more than this Cup tie is that when Aberdeen win tonight it does not mean we win the cup. One step closer yes.

Beating The Rangers on Sunday will see the Aberdeen fans gloat for weeks and see the huns greeting in their buckfast.

Plus some fans have to choose between the two because of financial reasons.

Aberdeen 3 St Johnstone 1

:sheepdance:

Because they are sad fucks that like to say its not the same club but actually believe it is the same club.

To me this is a far bigger game with a lot more importance attached. Playing some new team thats just been promoted that mindless weegies choose to follow just because they bought the badge and ground of the club they used to follow is no more exciting than the first time we played Gretna at Pittodrie in the premier league.

McInnes will try and match them physically, I predict a turgid long ball fest with a single goal deciding the game.

I think that's likely, I don't think it will be much of a game to watch.

St Johnstone are awkward customers for us, but we should "do" them tonight.

I agree with those saying we should give our new blood a chance here - the SPL knows all about our threats via Rooney / McGinn etc - lets freshen it up for this one.

I think that's likely, I don't think it will be much of a game to watch.

St Johnstone are awkward customers for us, but we should "do" them tonight.

I agree with those saying we should give our new blood a chance here - the SPL knows all about our threats via Rooney / McGinn etc - lets freshen it up for this one.

:hysterical::hysterical: We benched them for the 0-0 bore.

:hysterical::hysterical: We benched them for the 0-0 bore.

Come on that was the first game of the season. We are more warmed up now and some of the newer players have a little more experience of playing with the rump of the side and each other. Stockley and Maddison both scored last time out and will be on a high. Plus at least our more senior / established players are known quantites to bring off the bench.

Lewis

Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine

Shinnie McLean

Burns Madison Hayes

Storey

​I'd go for that team and try and blow them away with our pace. Steven Anderson is hardly Cannavaro but if you play direct balls up to him he is winning them 9 times out of 10

Maybe a good shout with the big cunt Stockley nae playing. I can see a few curveballs tonight, I just hope to fuck they pay off and we're nae saying if we'd played Rooney we wouldn't be out".

Derek is again all over the place in the lead up, just as he was in the Celtic game when he emphasised that the available players could do it then gave the lie to that by desperately trying to get Jack to play before his op. Now he is rightly emphasising the importance of the St J game over Sevco, then in the next breath states that he will not be resting players in readiness for Sunday. Just saying it will confuse his players who need to be intense tonight and give Sevco a bit of a boost as they wiil start to think they are important.

Derek is again all over the place in the lead up, just as he was in the Celtic game when he emphasised that the available players could do it then gave the lie to that by desperately trying to get Jack to play before his op. Now he is rightly emphasising the importance of the St J game over Sevco, then in the next breath states that he will not be resting players in readiness for Sunday. Just saying it will confuse his players who need to be intense tonight and give Sevco a bit of a boost as they wiil start to think they are important.

Is Sunday bigger? No

Are you resting players for Sunday? No

I can see how that could be confusing for the players. I wonder who we'll rest?

See what people are saying about poor sales for tonight etc matched against Sunday etc but heres a thought for some, maybe some people, non season ticket holders, cannot afford to go to both?? It is a massive outlay for some to go to both games in 3 days when you consider all the other things you end up paying for so for a "family" of say 2 3 or 4 that is quite considerable. Not everyone in Aberdeen is a rich as the myths say they are........

I know they cut the costs of the tickets but personally still do not think it was enough, I would have made it £10 a ticket for all adults around the ground and kids in for a £1, granted that would be operating at a major loss but for a family of 4 that's just over £20 to see a big game and a little money left to spare. Clubs need the money of course but I do often feel AFC are guilty of thinking every supporter they have is loaded because of a certain industry in the area.......

Appreciate folk cant go to both, but tonight is a bigger game and its cheaper than Sunday? I think its pathetic, the crowd tonight compared to Sunday.

Looking at the attendance at the other cup ties looks like not only the Aberdeen fans who are staying away.

Me and the Mrs were having this discussion last night. Seems to have been right fae the word go. Don't think the league style games were well attended either.

Looking at the attendance at the other cup ties looks like not only the Aberdeen fans who are staying away.

Doesn't answer why folk who are playing the affordability card are managing to go to the game on Sunday but not tonight when tonight is the bigger game. Strange that they are managing to find the extra tenner for a team that don't matter, yet if we win tonight will be the first to moan when they don't get a ticket for semi final straight away.

Doesn't answer why folk who are playing the affordability card are managing to go to the game on Sunday but not tonight when tonight is the bigger game. Strange that they are managing to find the extra tenner for a team that don't matter, yet if we win tonight will be the first to moan when they don't get a ticket for semi final straight away.

There's 10,000 folk who have season tickets but maybe have no other disposable income for tonight's match?

My answer to that one is if the clubs want more people to attend do not have the game live on TV.

Also as I have said before winning this match means nothing if we do not actually win the Cup.

I know the Sunday game is on Sky but there are thousands of Dons fans going to see The Rangers being pumped and will enjoy the occasion more than the game tonight.

May be sad but that is the reality.

There's 10,000 folk who have season tickets but maybe have no other disposable income for tonight's match?

Aye but strange we have managed to get another 10,000 folk on top of season tickets to attend on Sunday.

I acknowledge that crowds have been crap all league cup, but just don't understand people who are playing the affordability card but yet managing to find the extra for Sunday. Tonight is a far bigger game.

My answer to that one is if the clubs want more people to attend do not have the game live on TV.

Also as I have said before winning this match means nothing if we do not actually win the Cup.

I know the Sunday game is on Sky but there are thousands of Dons fans going to see The Rangers being pumped and will enjoy the occasion more than the game tonight.

May be sad but that is the reality.

We don't win tonight means all possibility of a day out at a cup final is gone again, along with the possibility open top bus down Union Street.

Seriously fail to see the logic.

Aye but strange we have managed to get another 10,000 folk on top of season tickets to attend on Sunday.

I acknowledge that crowds have been crap all league cup, but just don't understand people who are playing the affordability card but yet managing to find the extra for Sunday. Tonight is a far bigger game.

Let's see how many folk attend before taking the high road.

This^^^This^^^This^^^This^^^This^^^

Subject to, and entirely on Derek's view, the game should have been last night (or tonight if that is what Derek preferred) and not televised.

Interesting to see a budget. TV monies = x, 1,000 fans = y. z(y) = x. Find z. That sort of thing.

Its not possible for folk who travel long distances to go to a midweek game.

The weekend is much easier. Hence a bigger crowd.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

They don't really get a choice though, do they?

By that reasoning, as the choice pick of the round why not televise us on Wednesday? (as I say maybe Derek preferred Thursday as the bigger game of the two, who knows). What I suspect is Celtic wanted their game against Kilmarnock on the Saturday to give them time to prepare for Man City on the Wednesday and the rest of us could go hang.

It's a poor show from our fans.

I don't know why we get better crowds in the Europa League against teams we've never heard of than a cup quarter final (Riga, Shkendija, Fola, Ventspils).

You honestly don't know? We can play St Johnstone up to 7 times a season and usually play them 4. It's boring going to watch the same teams all the time.

Also, when we are playing those European teams everyone has been starved of football for a few months and has forgotten how boring games at Pittodrie are.

COYR!!