Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

I see the narcissistic, turd-burgling SJW Patrick Harvie is standing 20+ candidates in the WM election, despite not having a prayer of winning any seats. If the best electoral "friend" the SNP have is someone who looks like the lovechild of Michael Stipe and Heinrich Himmler, they're in trouble.

I can see this either relegating the Greens to a lunatic fringe (ready to be usurped by the new "Wings Party" in 2021) or splitting the pro-independence vote and losing the SNP WM majority.

I had not seen this hilarious post until now, but - well in Jocky, you have got that hideous wee gnome Harvie down to a 'T' there :laughing:

I once saw in him real life, he is genuinely a horrid little thing. Knee high to a grasshopper.

He was with that smirking ginger, speccy twat.  Him that got a school award for being master debator.  

2 faces one would never tire of punching.

I was pleased to see the very foul weather for the Glasgow independence march on Saturday there.

The people who go to these things are essentially just the 1980s labour support wrapped in tartan.

They had banners and things proclaiming "fuck the pure tories byraway".

I had been concerned that the SNP have no current plan to pay a state pension after independence but, you know, fuck the pure tories byraway.  I will definitely vote for indy now.

Most of the marchers were a walking advert for voting 'no'.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This apparent drive for a 2nd referendum is coalescing around two things:

(1) glib dislike of the Conservative party (1980s labour style)

(2) that wee jimmy krankie wanted a new vote and bad english Boris said no.

It is not coalescing around a growing support for independence, encouraged by well considered and detailed plans put in place by the SNP.

On the back of this, I am almost tempted to have a 2nd vote :laughing:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's be honest it's not exactly a major surprise that response from Boris nor the follow up from Nicola.

Suppose Nicola has to be seen to be proactive to head off any unrest from within the party.

But aye I agree, get on with running Scotland and fix some of the issues that have taken a backseat these past few years and then go for it again in a few years time.

Also the electorate are also voted out at present and enthusiasm levels are not the same as previously due to Brexit and the various general elections.

I believe Independence will come to us eventually but I fear doing it so soon would potentially lead to another no vote as most of the same sticking points from the last referendum have still to be answered.

I was pleased to see the very foul weather for the Glasgow independence march on Saturday there.

The people who go to these things are essentially just the 1980s labour support wrapped in tartan.

I had been concerned that the SNP have no current plan to pay a state pension after independence but, you know, fuck the pure tories byraway. I will definitely vote for indy now.

Fuck off dickhead. The only time you appear on here is to talk about the SNP or religion. Weirdo.

• Downvote 2

Everybody knew the EU ref was a possibility Mobs. They should just shut up about it. Most people don't give a fuck now.

Bit of a disingenuous comment there, given a large part of the No campaign was based on campaigning that voting No would keep Scotland in the EU, while voting Yes would see us leave it.

• Downvote 1

Said it before, I'll say it again.  

Scotland isn't going to vote for independence. Bojo the Clown should absolutely allow another vote, safe in the knowledge that he's dealing with a nation county that has no interest in governing itself. 

I post on the daily mail comments on some of their articles, with balanced alternative viewpoints. They mostly don't last long coz they are hateful enough. One that did get through was the fact that the Thames barrier is soon going to be outdated and London are spending tens of billions on a new flood defence. One guy replies, no they ain't, we've got the barrier.

Wills bullying his wee brother, nothing unusual about that. The mail having a dig at meg coz she is not a 3rd cousin twice removed. The russian posters are the funny ones, they don't yet have a grasp of irony.

That's just absolute bullshit though, isn't it?

It's demonstrably not. 

I can produce concrete proof that, given the option, Scotland will vote to remain the northernmost county of England. 

Can you produce the same level of concrete proof that it's "absolute bullshit"?

I think the lack of response from the FM to Johnson's entirely predictable response (which we all knew was coming, let's face it) betrays what many of us have suspected for years; that she and her husband are career politicians more ensconced in building their own dynasty than actually achieving the party's MO.

I stand by my prediction of the last 4 years, which is that they are looking to drag this out to the 2021 elections, in the anticipation that, despite inevitably losing support from many principled Nationalists, they trounce the utterly inept opposition sufficiently to scrape over the line as a minority government. That will give them another five years of unbridled power at Holyrood level, but with no "mandate" around their necks - and thus another term to push their "woke" horseshit.

Of course, they will blame Westminster for their own incompetence, while the happy clappers will tell us all to get behind "oor Nicola".

I think the lack of response from the FM to Johnson's entirely predictable response (which we all knew was coming, let's face it) betrays what many of us have suspected for years; that she and her husband are career politicians more ensconced in building their own dynasty than actually achieving the party's MO.

I stand by my prediction of the last 4 years, which is that they are looking to drag this out to the 2021 elections, in the anticipation that, despite inevitably losing support from many principled Nationalists, they trounce the utterly inept opposition sufficiently to scrape over the line as a minority government. That will give them another five years of unbridled power at Holyrood level, but with no "mandate" around their necks - and thus another term to push their "woke" horseshit.

Of course, they will blame Westminster for their own incompetence, while the happy clappers will tell us all to get behind "oor Nicola".

She responded with a series of tweets within 20 minutes of Johnson publishing his response: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1217044125389815808

And then a full statement 10 minutes later: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1217047157599100928

• Upvote 1

HUN

One other thing I'd like to put to the forum;

Although I'm a YES/Leave voter (I favour the EEA/EFTA option over full EU membership) I recognise the "material change in circumstances" scenario, much as I dislike the fact independence and EU membership are being tied together by Sturgeon et al, when they should be two very separate issues. However, is it not extremely hypocritical of the SNP to have spent 3 1/2 years bemoaning being taken out of the EU against our will... while simultaneously trying to "stop Brexit" at a UK level and thus keep England and Wales IN against their will? (not to mention that would have voided their mandate for independence)

• Downvote 1

I had been concerned that the SNP have no current plan to pay a state pension after independence but, you know, fuck the pure tories byraway.  I will definitely vote for indy now.

Think we're all fairly well aware of your position vis-a-vis independence. I do wonder how you'd view it if Scotland consistently voted for a tory government yet were continually handed a Corbyn type administration. Just an opinion obviously but I believe you are heavily against independence based mainly on the fact you get a governance that generally suits your purposes. The majority of us do not.

• Downvote 1

She responded with a series of tweets within 20 minutes of Johnson publishing his response: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1217044125389815808

And then a full statement 10 minutes later: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1217047157599100928

Craeg, with the greatest respect to you, posting from the safety of her online accounts does not constitute an adequate response. She has had well over 3 1/2 years to advance the case for independence, but has completely squandered it, whether it be her "stop Brexit" antics (thus denying the reality that England and Wales wish to Leave) or insisting that we all play nicely by WM rules. I think we all know that, in reality, while it's true that no country who ever left the empire has ever wished to return, it's also true that none of them got their independence by playing nice with the establishment.

As it stands, we have a hopeless impasse akin to Ireland a century ago, when the noble but ineffectual parliamentary party had a majority. I do not in any way advocate violent revolution, but Craig Murray for one has laid out the reality in his blog this week.

Craeg, with the greatest respect to you, posting from the safety of her online accounts does not constitute an adequate response. She has had well over 3 1/2 years to advance the case for independence, but has completely squandered it, whether it be her "stop Brexit" antics (thus denying the reality that England and Wales wish to Leave) or insisting that we all play nicely by WM rules. I think we all know that, in reality, while it's true that no country who ever left the empire has ever wished to return, it's also true that none of them got their independence by playing nice with the establishment.

As it stands, we have a hopeless impasse akin to Ireland a century ago, when the noble but ineffectual parliamentary party had a majority. I do not in any way advocate violent revolution, but Craig Murray for one has laid out the reality in his blog this week.

What's an appropriate response? I'd say having a Tory PM in Westminster telling Scotland it can't decide it's own future is advancing the case for independence pretty well

• Downvote 1
  • 7 months later...