Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nobody can defend him. It was expertly managed by the 30 year old and the truth is out there. Anybody who tries to twist this has an agenda and/or is so mentally ill they will convince themselves of something that is not true, the classic case of making up (fabricate) a denial and a lie and convincing themselves that they believe the mistruth they just invented.

Saw it on Thursday but it was better the second time, isolated on its own like this. 

Being so brutally exposed as not having a fucking clue would've been the end of politicians in days gone by. However we're now in an age where being correct is unimportant. 

We've got a racist, misogynist liar as PM and the same as president of the USA. 

Ross is horrendous. The Tories would've been better asking Tank Commander Ruth to stay on. She's a horrific human but Uber unionists seem to like her. 

7 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Not taking sides here but I'm part of the 'supply chain' and will get absolutely fuck all support from either government. You need to have a 'rateable value' to get a grant and I don't have a business premises. 

Aye, I’m open but basically nae cunt fae 70% of the population of Scotland, everyone in Wales and over half of England plus the rest of the world can’t visit. And if they do they can’t have a pint inside anywhere.

So I had 3 guests last night. Probably just going to close for the season soon, apart fae weekends and days I’ve already got the odd booking. 

Nae fucking point. 

30 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Aye, I’m open but basically nae cunt fae 70% of the population of Scotland, everyone in Wales and over half of England plus the rest of the world can’t visit. And if they do they can’t have a pint inside anywhere.

So I had 3 guests last night. Probably just going to close for the season soon, apart fae weekends and days I’ve already got the odd booking. 

Nae fucking point. 

Fucking nightmare. I'm lucky in that if I'm not earning I've no outgoings at least. 

It's doing no cunt any good either. 

I see some Unionists are still clutching the "once in a generation" straw. Not only was no such promise made, the rule of democracy is that you cannot bind the hands of your successors. Additionally, NI is allowed one every seven years, as per the Belfast Agreement.

The Act of Union, if I'm not mistaken, forbids preferential treatment given to individual constituent members, so if NI is allowed to revisit the constitutional question after seven years, ergo Scotland has that same right. 

Of course, cynics may ask why the establishment are far less concerned at letting NI go, but remain hellbent on keeping Scotland.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I see some Unionists are still clutching the "once in a generation" straw. Not only was no such promise made, the rule of democracy is that you cannot bind the hands of your successors. Additionally, NI is allowed one every seven years, as per the Belfast Agreement.

The Act of Union, if I'm not mistaken, forbids preferential treatment given to individual constituent members, so if NI is allowed to revisit the constitutional question after seven years, ergo Scotland has that same right. 

Of course, cynics may ask why the establishment are far less concerned at letting NI go, but remain hellbent on keeping Scotland.

It only seems to apply to one side as well

7-F4960-CE-F52-C-4-B39-A8-FC-929-B176-A81915-A12-C-5-E3-B-48-F7-B0-B8-B0-BB574-D

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Trade Unions. A boon or a bane for the people? Overall in the 21st century, I'd say they're more bad than good. 50+ years ago, I would have had the opposite view.

Scotland's brand of trade unionism, like Liverpool's and Len McCluskey's, is particularly ugly. Good to hear them supporting the right cause though. 

Unfortunately they are full of Marxist / Trotskyite troublemakers these days, who tend to elect caviar Communist leaders who lap up huge salaries while doing little for the working class other than empty sloganeering and virtue signalling pish.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:31 PM, rocket_scientist said:

There is no right or left. These are anachronisms of a yesteryear. Nazis, white supremicists, black activists, fascists, anti-fascists, they're all just people with a cross to burn (literally in the case of the KKK).

Who are you referring to who "stand for peace and equal rights, freedom for all"?

I think the old left Vs right dichotomy is as narrow as it is (in the post-Cold War era) outdated. For me, the ideological battlegrounds of the future will be primarily focussed on liberty Vs authority, as Orwell and Huxley et al so alluded.

Some good points made on all sides, but we are no closer to an actual referendum now than in 2016. I still stand by my prediction from back in late 2016 that the FM and her cabal's Plan A is to kick independence into the long grass and scrape through next year's election, giving them another five years of unbridled and unchallenged power, with pathetic (non-existent) opposition and plenty time to enact more of their MacWoke, nanny state nonsense.

I see nothing to convince me Sturgeon and Murrell will ever deliver independence and in any case, if and when the truth about the Salmond stitch up comes out, they should, if there's any justice, be dining on daily porridge while brushing up on their soap collecting techniques.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Some good points made on all sides, but we are no closer to an actual referendum now than in 2016. I still stand by my prediction from back in late 2016 that the FM and her cabal's Plan A is to kick independence into the long grass and scrape through next year's election, giving them another five years of unbridled and unchallenged power, with pathetic (non-existent) opposition and plenty time to enact more of their MacWoke, nanny state nonsense.

I see nothing to convince me Sturgeon and Murrell will ever deliver independence and in any case, if and when the truth about the Salmond stitch up comes out, they should, if there's any justice, be dining on daily porridge while brushing up on their soap collecting techniques.

100% my feelings re the woke and indy kicked down the road.

7 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Sturgeon and Murrell = Scotland's pound shop Ceausescus.

SNP voters are single issue voters and so probably the party will continue for now to escape any great loss of support from their poor record of governance.  That cant last forever however and something would have to give.

Apparently They have now published a "2026 plan" to be independent by then.  Its sufficiently close to be exciting to their support but not so close that they actually need to do anything about.

In the current situation the UK Govt might want to call their bluff, say OK have a referendum and then enjoy paying for covid on your own. 

Uk govt should also ensure Scots elsewhere in the UK can vote, in retaliation for the SNP allowing non=citizens / foreign nationals to vote (which is part of the supposed surge, of course).

Sturgeon patently loves being on the telly and loves the sound of her own voice.  She is in clover with these daily COVID briefings.  She has absolutely zero life outside politics however and so I doubt she will want to rush into a referendum where a loss means resignation and a lifetime of sitting at home bored stiff.  She is only 50 after all.

• Downvote 3
7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Sturgeon and Murrell = Scotland's pound shop Ceausescus.

SNP voters are single issue voters and so probably the party will continue for now to escape any great loss of support from their poor record of governance.  That cant last forever however and something would have to give.

Apparently They have now published a "2026 plan" to be independent by then.  Its sufficiently close to be exciting to their support but not so close that they actually need to do anything about.

In the current situation the UK Govt might want to call their bluff, say OK have a referendum and then enjoy paying for covid on your own. 

Uk govt should also ensure Scots elsewhere in the UK can vote, in retaliation for the SNP allowing non=citizens / foreign nationals to vote (which is part of the supposed surge, of course).

Sturgeon patently loves being on the telly and loves the sound of her own voice.  She is in clover with these daily COVID briefings.  She has absolutely zero life outside politics however and so I doubt she will want to rush into a referendum where a loss means resignation and a lifetime of sitting at home bored stiff.  She is only 50 after all.

That's an embarrassing post even for you.