Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Trade Unions. A boon or a bane for the people? Overall in the 21st century, I'd say they're more bad than good. 50+ years ago, I would have had the opposite view.

Scotland's brand of trade unionism, like Liverpool's and Len McCluskey's, is particularly ugly. Good to hear them supporting the right cause though. 

Unfortunately they are full of Marxist / Trotskyite troublemakers these days, who tend to elect caviar Communist leaders who lap up huge salaries while doing little for the working class other than empty sloganeering and virtue signalling pish.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:31 PM, rocket_scientist said:

There is no right or left. These are anachronisms of a yesteryear. Nazis, white supremicists, black activists, fascists, anti-fascists, they're all just people with a cross to burn (literally in the case of the KKK).

Who are you referring to who "stand for peace and equal rights, freedom for all"?

I think the old left Vs right dichotomy is as narrow as it is (in the post-Cold War era) outdated. For me, the ideological battlegrounds of the future will be primarily focussed on liberty Vs authority, as Orwell and Huxley et al so alluded.

Some good points made on all sides, but we are no closer to an actual referendum now than in 2016. I still stand by my prediction from back in late 2016 that the FM and her cabal's Plan A is to kick independence into the long grass and scrape through next year's election, giving them another five years of unbridled and unchallenged power, with pathetic (non-existent) opposition and plenty time to enact more of their MacWoke, nanny state nonsense.

I see nothing to convince me Sturgeon and Murrell will ever deliver independence and in any case, if and when the truth about the Salmond stitch up comes out, they should, if there's any justice, be dining on daily porridge while brushing up on their soap collecting techniques.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Some good points made on all sides, but we are no closer to an actual referendum now than in 2016. I still stand by my prediction from back in late 2016 that the FM and her cabal's Plan A is to kick independence into the long grass and scrape through next year's election, giving them another five years of unbridled and unchallenged power, with pathetic (non-existent) opposition and plenty time to enact more of their MacWoke, nanny state nonsense.

I see nothing to convince me Sturgeon and Murrell will ever deliver independence and in any case, if and when the truth about the Salmond stitch up comes out, they should, if there's any justice, be dining on daily porridge while brushing up on their soap collecting techniques.

100% my feelings re the woke and indy kicked down the road.

7 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Sturgeon and Murrell = Scotland's pound shop Ceausescus.

SNP voters are single issue voters and so probably the party will continue for now to escape any great loss of support from their poor record of governance.  That cant last forever however and something would have to give.

Apparently They have now published a "2026 plan" to be independent by then.  Its sufficiently close to be exciting to their support but not so close that they actually need to do anything about.

In the current situation the UK Govt might want to call their bluff, say OK have a referendum and then enjoy paying for covid on your own. 

Uk govt should also ensure Scots elsewhere in the UK can vote, in retaliation for the SNP allowing non=citizens / foreign nationals to vote (which is part of the supposed surge, of course).

Sturgeon patently loves being on the telly and loves the sound of her own voice.  She is in clover with these daily COVID briefings.  She has absolutely zero life outside politics however and so I doubt she will want to rush into a referendum where a loss means resignation and a lifetime of sitting at home bored stiff.  She is only 50 after all.

• Downvote 3
7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Sturgeon and Murrell = Scotland's pound shop Ceausescus.

SNP voters are single issue voters and so probably the party will continue for now to escape any great loss of support from their poor record of governance.  That cant last forever however and something would have to give.

Apparently They have now published a "2026 plan" to be independent by then.  Its sufficiently close to be exciting to their support but not so close that they actually need to do anything about.

In the current situation the UK Govt might want to call their bluff, say OK have a referendum and then enjoy paying for covid on your own. 

Uk govt should also ensure Scots elsewhere in the UK can vote, in retaliation for the SNP allowing non=citizens / foreign nationals to vote (which is part of the supposed surge, of course).

Sturgeon patently loves being on the telly and loves the sound of her own voice.  She is in clover with these daily COVID briefings.  She has absolutely zero life outside politics however and so I doubt she will want to rush into a referendum where a loss means resignation and a lifetime of sitting at home bored stiff.  She is only 50 after all.

That's an embarrassing post even for you. 

Tory fears over Nicola Sturgeon's Scottish independence surge were laid bare today in a leaked memo.

An assessment put together by key advisers warns Boris Johnson that he cannot simply keep saying no to the SNP leader's demands for another referendum.

The document from Hanbury strategy bemoans the 'vacuum of leadership' within the unionist movement - and suggests that the PM will need to offer Ms Sturgeon more powers to stave off a catastrophic break-up of the UK.

The PM can shove more powers.

Scotland will be Independent and have all the powers.

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Tory fears over Nicola Sturgeon's Scottish independence surge were laid bare today in a leaked memo.

An assessment put together by key advisers warns Boris Johnson that he cannot simply keep saying no to the SNP leader's demands for another referendum.

The document from Hanbury strategy bemoans the 'vacuum of leadership' within the unionist movement - and suggests that the PM will need to offer Ms Sturgeon more powers to stave off a catastrophic break-up of the UK.

The PM can shove more powers.

Scotland will be Independent and have all the powers.

Until their bid to rejoin the EU is accepted (after years of austerity on steroids in order to reduce the deficit to the required 3%)

• Downvote 1

The SNP are becoming more and more of a joke outfit under Krankie MacMerkel and her slimy reptile of a husband. Not content with stitching up Salmond (don't even argue, happy clappers, he's owned up to the leaked WhatsApp messages and the evidence mounts weekly against them) they can't even get their laughable "female only" candidate lists right, as there are now two trannies standing for selection. 

I just wonder how much crap independence supporters are willing to put up with in their 'vote SNP until independent' mantra. I for one don't see how we can stack up morally against our opponents, if we as a YES group are preaching about 'a better nation' but are willing to tolerate corruption and MacWoke nanny state drivel to achieve that end.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a side note, it's been said behind the scenes that at least a few of the "Alphabet Sisters" who falsely accused Salmond are standing for selection. Would we as a country be happy with such despicable people in positions of power? False accusers do untold harm to genuine victims of sexual assault, yet they remain behind a cloak of anonymity, even though it was established the events they describe did NOT happen (and in some cases, they weren't even present at the venues in question!).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's disingenuous, snidey, unfair and most of all untrue. I've had fallouts with him but I understand his politics (or at least I hope I do) and nothing JB has posted is anything he will have a major issue with (if I read it right). He certainly will not be reacting the way you predict he will.

If you've nothing to say, shut the fuck up. You have no value to add to the debate. When the adults are talking, leave the room. You take up too much bandwidth.

You really are a fud min ?

Anyhow that's me back to not posting much again as I look to finish off what has been an excellent 2 week holiday taking a well deserved break from work.

Bugger, just given you a golden opportunity there to wax lyrical about all the amazing places you have been on holiday and why they have all been better holidays than anyone elses as well as how whatever the fuck it is you do for a job will obviously be a far better job than mine.

To be fair I can only dream of buying cars paying cash like you do so perhaps you have a point.

Till next time ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
On 10/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, caledonia said:

I hate the SNP just now with their obsession over GRA and also Hate crime bill will be a shambles for twitter, facebook and also this site with the way its worded.

Also the Alex Salmond stitch Up does not sit well either.

But i realise the only way to get independence is through the SNP for now anyway even though i am not 100% convinced after 4 mandates they are as keen as the independence movement to do it sooner rather than later.

Where unionists fail is they always come up with things every other country in the world manage fine as excuses for Scotland being independent like currency and deficits etc etc.

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

And here comes Caledonia to completely ignore your comments and instead post a link to the national that points out how things down south are ten times as bad in 3.......2........1.....

Actually said the same thing but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

I must admit, though I'm far from Wings over Scotland's biggest fan, they have a guest post today from a YES supporter who has exposed Shirley Anne Somerville as the kind of trougher that would make some Westminster types blush. Recommended reading, but what I recommend even more is some reflection from fellow independence supporters and a few rhetorical questions along the lines of;

Is the current SNP leadership a fair reflection of the kind of country we want to build? Is the GRA and Hate Crime Bill the sort of authoritarian nonsense befitting a movement that so often derides the UK establishment for its own authoritarianism?

The Sturgeon and Murrell cabal have, as many of us predicted since 2016, kicked independence down the long grass and squandered several mandates. Are you happy to believe them when they point at May 2021 and say "just one more mandate"?

Given the stench of corruption Sturgeon and Murrell are involved in over stitching up Salmond, is it morally acceptable to "wait until independence, then sort it out"? Should we not be ever more diligent in weeding out bad people, as an example of the country we want to build, as opposed to utilising these types and their insidious tactics for one goal? If so, how do we stack up against WM morally? Are we any better than them?

I stand by what I've said since 2016, that the present SNP leadership won't deliver independence, but if they do remain in power then i think we need to take a good, long hard look at ourselves. 

No doubt the mainstream media will have a field day with this, but even YES supporters are seeing through Krankie's Kabal for what they are:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/youve-been-robbed/

It was always going to end in tears, as the SNP went from being a party with a single aim, to being the de facto Scottish establishment. The influx of New Labour refugees between 2013-15 told its own story, now they're utterly infested with some real trash.

They have potty mouthed NEDs (Mhairi Black) who invite drag queens with explicit websites into primary schools.

Ex-musicians who peddled third-rate teuchter emo, now turned careerist chancers (Pete Wishart).

The Zionist loving neo-cons (McDonald, Angus Robertson).

Blowhards like "we won't be taken out of the EU against our will" Blackford.

The Islamist nutjob who wants to bury free speech (Humza) with his Hate Crime Bill.

The theatrical jobby jabber Alyn Smith who made "I beg you, chez colleague" speeches in the EU parliament, then shamelessly parachuted into a five year WM seat without so much as a Brexit whimper. His boyfriend "Jordon" is a misogynistic cretin as well.

The faeces frollicking dysmorphic transvestite perverts who dreamed up the GRA and threaten and abuse women who object.

...all of this and Scotland is no closer to independence than in 2015. Oh, I'm sorry, do some of you still believe a Tory PM will grant us another referendum, when their level of humanity is roughly on par with pond amoeba and dog shit? Maybe if the SNP just ask nicely next time? Just one more mandate... ??

• Upvote 4