Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, CraigHill said:

So the push for independence from the SNP when they win the next election is to grab our freedom, then use that freedom and give chunks of it away to become part of the EU???

Cut our ties with a union we do most of our trade with to get into bed with another union that we do much less trade with.

This just admits that we can’t go it alone and independence isn’t really the goal.

Yet the saltire face paint wearers will be lapping it up in order to get away from the English. They’ll be wearing saltire on one cheek and EU flag on t’other.

we will have more say and unionists cant now argue about trade offs because Scotland as part of the EU would have to get same deal
1638028-A-3222-42-E4-AD68-FF50821-C00-B4image posting

1 hour ago, CraigHill said:

Ouch. So hurtful.

Not meant to be hurtful. Just pointing out the utterly pathetic nature of what you wrote. A guy who believes Scotland are uniquely placed as the only country on earth who're incapable of governing themselves. You and anyone else who believes that are losers. 

This isnt the same as people thinking that Scotland is best placed within the UK. I disagree with that but respect the differing opinion. 

Imagine thinking the people of Scotland cant look after themselves... ?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not meant to be hurtful. Just pointing out the utterly pathetic nature of what you wrote. A guy who believes Scotland are uniquely placed as the only country on earth who're incapable of governing themselves. You and anyone else who believes that are losers. 

This isnt the same as people thinking that Scotland is best placed within the UK. I disagree with that but respect the differing opinion. 

One of the better together leaders thought the same, SLAB have got their just deserts for electing clowns like this.

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why is Sturgeon so desperate to give away part of our newly secured independence to the EU?

Why not be properly independent and govern ourselves? 

Either she doesn’t really want independence, or doesn’t believe it’s possible with the cards at her disposal to secure a suitable trade deal, hence she’s whoring Scotland out to the EU and offering up Independence light.

2 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Why is Sturgeon so desperate to give away part of our newly secured independence to the EU?

Either she doesn’t really want independence, or doesn’t believe it’s possible with the cards at her disposal to secure a suitable trade deal, hence she’s whoring Scotland out to the EU and offering up Independence light.

Because as part of the eu we would have a equal say as all the other nations

but as part of the uk we get no say

thought you were smarter than this Craig

41 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

One of the better together leaders thought the same, SLAB have got their just deserts for electing clowns like this.

Speaking of Johann Lamount this must be the worst political interview ever to hit our screens

It really is breathtaking how thick she really is and this is coming from the Leader of the party

especially towards end where she gets tied in knots 

4 minutes ago, caledonia said:

So if / when we become independent we would then trade that independence away in order for us to have a 'say' in things (but we may still end up getting things we don't necessarily agree with imposed on is - i.e. The tampon tax seeing as it's a current topic of discussion on social media)  as opposed to being able to do what we wanted?

Does not sound like progress to me.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Disagree

6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

So if / when we become independent we would then trade that independence away in order for us to have a 'say' in things (but we may still end up getting things we don't necessarily agree with imposed on is - i.e. The tampon tax seeing as it's a current topic of discussion on social media)  as opposed to being able to do what we wanted?

Agree

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Get the 'leave a light on' chat to fuck. Really humiliating. 

Agree

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
20 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

You'll have to ask her. 

20 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

You said we "can't" do it. Or do we now agree that what you said previously was nonsense? 

10 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

You do know Scotland already abolished paying for sanitary products while in the EU also notice Joe Pike agreed with you so presumably he did not know as well

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51629880

11 minutes ago, caledonia said:

You do know Scotland already abolished paying for sanitary products while in the EU also notice Joe Pike agreed with you so presumably he did not know as well

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51629880

I know that they are now 'free' in Scotland  but most women will still opt to buy them in shops and supermarkets as the legal duty is only on local authorities to ensure anyone who needs period products can obtain them for free - how that's actually implemented is up to each local authority.

Those that continue to buy them would still have to pay a tax on them if the UK was still in the EU.

What about the other aspects of my response about giving up our ability to create our own rules as opposed to only having a 'say'?

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You'll have to ask her. 

You said we "can't" do it. Or do we now agree that what you said previously was nonsense? 

Sturgeons actions in whoring Scotland to the EU admit that she doesn’t believe we can go it alone, otherwise that would surely be her plan?

if she is portraying EU membership as part of our “independence” plan then yes, the suggestion coming from our leaders is that we can’t do it by going it alone.

It’s her actions that give that impression.

She might change tact and actually wish to seek true independence for Scotland but at the moment it’s not looking like it’s actually in the SNP’s thoughts - Blackford embarrassed himself in Parliament on the same topic the other day.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Sturgeons actions in whoring Scotland to the EU admit that she doesn’t believe we can go it alone, otherwise that would surely be her plan?

if she is portraying EU membership as part of our “independence” plan then yes, the suggestion coming from our leaders is that we can’t do it by going it alone.

It’s her actions that give that impression.

She might change tact and actually wish to seek true independence for Scotland but at the moment it’s not looking like it’s actually in the SNP’s thoughts - Blackford embarrassed himself in Parliament on the same topic the other day.

You're confusing "can't" with what she thinks is best. 

For example, I think the UK is better off in the EU. I don't think the UK "can't" survive outwith it. Pretty massive difference, I'm sure you'll agree. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

For example, I think the UK is better off in the EU. I don't think the UK "can't" survive outwith it. Pretty massive difference, I'm sure you'll agree. 

Exactly.  It’s quite clear that Sturgeon believes that the benefits of an independent Scotland being part of the EU outweigh the negatives.

Similarly there are many Scots who voted No in the referendum who believe that the benefits of remaining as part of the UK outweigh the negatives of independence.  Seems to me that it’s only fairly dim folk who equate voting No with the voters thinking that Scotland is incapable of governing itself.  I certainly don’t recall any serious politician or political commentator stating anything like that.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You’ve already said that Id need to ask Sturgeon why she is so willing to throw true independence down the pan no sooner has it been given, so you don’t know what she thinks is best, nor whether she thinks joining the EU is best as without a union with Europe Scotland wouldn’t be able to be truly independent.

The fact is if Sturgeon gets her way we’ll not be independent for long enough to ever find out if we can or can’t so this is a pointless discussion.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I voted for independence and to leave the EU. Don't know if that's a combination which means I live with mummy and daddy or if it means I'm a drizzling faggot but I'm highly sceptical that residential positions and/or sexual proclivities can be determined from voting patterns. Call me old-fashioned that way. 

I'm also YES/Leave and contrary to what the SNP leadership would have you believe, the independence movement is not universally enamoured with the EU. Polls have regularly showed that around 40% of independence supporters backed Leave and I'll bet the vast majority did so for very democratic reasons and not the bampottery of Garage, Gove et al. What does irk me, is that Sturgeon and her cronies demanded independence be taken seriously (rightly so) back in 2011 when it was polling at around 30%, yet leaving the EU doesn't get a fair hearing from them, despite the fact that (a) they were anti-EEC/EU until 1987 and still have a Eurosceptic wing to this day and (b) Leave is starting from a higher point of 38%. 

Who's undemocratic now?

Im out cant be bothered arguing on here for 6months/1year/2years or whenever till we have a vote especially with pro Uk folk who wont ever change their minds.

would rather try and convince those that might be open to change.

but will leave you with this now that the latest excuse seems to be we have to pay tax on sanitary products that we can get for free.

repeat but so true

60-C90-CE3-55-BD-4-DBF-BF2-F-EF5435-F7-C

• Downvote 3
28 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Im out cant be bothered arguing on here for 6months/1year/2years or whenever till we have a vote especially with pro Uk folk who wont ever change their minds.

but will leave you with this now that the latest excuse seems to be we have to pay tax on sanitary products that we can get for free.

repeat but so true

The snp are already achieving some of that sadly. Education quality is slipping in the country. Badly. 

as someone who voted for Independence, I've noted that some of the reasons that No voters give for saying no is how poor the snp do in the major areas. Trying to explain that a vote for Indy isn't a vote for snp doesn't work (mostly), but if the snp start running things better, then more people would be yes for sure.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

A guy who believes Scotland are uniquely placed as the only country on earth who're incapable of governing themselves.

You and anyone else who believes that are losers. 

Not only losers, but clearly fucking retarded.

Add to that self loathing, inbred, servile fucking creeps who detest their own country.

I'd gladly boot each and every one of their slabbering hun cunts in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
54 minutes ago, caledonia said:

repeat but so true

Thing is, we’ve already had the vote. 

Democracy has spoken (on both topics - independent and the EU).

like it or not, we have to accept democracy.

Sturgeon should shut the fuck up about Indyref2

For the record, neither vote went the way I voted.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Weak, weak argument.

What is the bigger contributor to education success or failure, the government or the pupils?

Specifically, because it is folly to blame the kids, the government or the parents?

How can we teach people who don't want to be taught?

Some of the mutants on here are parents, allegedly. What fucking hope have their shit kids got in life?

And the mutants can at least use a keyboard. You might not imagine that there are worse than them in society but where they are clearly bottom quartile, the bottom 10% are fucking trash scum. We need global depopulation, indeed the tablets in Arizona prove that this is the agenda. Scotland is drowning in shit human beings and our population growth trend has been negative. Our economic growth will be improved by (true) independence and sterilising the mutant classes. I would prefer extermination personally but I'm not in charge. I will engineer a position as chairman and key decision-maker (last vote and say) of the mutant-assessment sub-committee and the plan will be to get rid of at least 20% of the current Scottish people and/or at least the guarantee that their shit gene pool is terminated. I would be surprised if less than 90% of Bridge of Don, Blackhill, Springburn, Cardenden, Lochgelly, Morningside, Bearsden, Milngavie, Perth, anything north of Inverness and Dunblane residents aren't culled in the first wave.

Fucking hell Rocket, fair play if you do go on a killling rampage, excellent Sky news watching. I’ll easy turn with some cans for you before you get shot to death.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Parklife said:

A guy who believes Scotland are uniquely placed as the only country on earth who're incapable of governing themselves.

Who has actually said that tho?

It isn't whether Scotland can, but surely whether it is in the best interests of the Scottish people if they should.
The biggest problem with your statements above is that your starting position is that people who don't think the same as you on the topic are losers and pathetic etc. as opposed to being people who have weighed up the options and decided that they would rather not be part of an independent Scotland.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2