Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

In fact he is the head of state of a sovereign state, the Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, and the Bishop of Rome.

And so there is a range of political, diplomatic and religious duties.  Francis is pretty poor at most of them.

He has to put on a robe and a daft fish hat and speak from a balcony occasionally,  how can he get that wrong? 

7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The notion of Scots working abroad in the EU was always a myth, as almost no-one has adequate language skills: hence why they go to Oz.

2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Because you know two people working abroad doesnt change the fact that most British citizens are not suitably proficient in foreign languages to work abroad.

I can sometimes get by at a basic tourist language level, but no way could I do a similar job as I do here  - I have no technical vocabulary etc.

1. You have changed it from Scots to Brits. 

2. Pretty sure almost all Scots or Brits would have the language skills to work in Ireland, most of Scandivia and a lot of the smaller areas where English is near universal. Unfortunately brexit has stopped the opportunity completely. I'm sure the numbers who actually do aren't "almost no-one" but thousands of people and potentially a lot more. 

3. The only point was to prove you are making assumptions based only on your experience and they have as much evidence as your made up god.  

21 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

1. You have changed it from Scots to Brits. 

2. Pretty sure almost all Scots or Brits would have the language skills to work in Ireland, most of Scandivia and a lot of the smaller areas where English is near universal. Unfortunately brexit has stopped the opportunity completely. I'm sure the numbers who actually do aren't "almost no-one" but thousands of people and potentially a lot more. 

3. The only point was to prove you are making assumptions based only on your experience and they have as much evidence as your made up god.  

How do Brits manage to get work abroad in non EU countries?

Think Redforever was saying opportunities have stopped now in EU for Brits, as they are now 3rd country and will need a visa to work.

Employers within the EU will just turn to a member state for recruitment rather than go through the additional red tape and associated cost.

Think that was his point rather than options elsewhere outwith EU?

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Think Redforever was saying opportunities have stopped now in EU for Brits, as they are now 3rd country and will need a visa to work.

Employers within the EU will just turn to a member state for recruitment rather than go through the additional red tape and associated cost.

Think that was his point rather than options elsewhere outwith EU?

I doubt that’s the case. Are there no non Eu nationals working in the Eu cause there were plenty of them here before we left 

5 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Because you know two people working abroad doesnt change the fact that most British citizens are not suitably proficient in foreign languages to work abroad.

I can sometimes get by at a basic tourist language level, but no way could I do a similar job as I do here  - I have no technical vocabulary etc.

I worked in Denmark for 2 years, was no bother, they all spoke English.

I did pick up some of the local lingo, learnt how to say Mushrooms in Danish, other than that didn't bother. They spoke better English then me.