Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I

The loss of opportunity for young Scots - by removing their access to the rUK job market - would be a major negative consequence of independence.  The notion of Scots working abroad in the EU was always a myth, as almost no-one has adequate language skills: hence why they go to Oz.

10 years working/living abroad in Angola/Gabon/Congo/Kenya/South Africa/USA and don't speak anything apart from English - apart from yo ma se poes

11 hours ago, daytripping said:

What's the context of all this? can only see the headline, don't do twitter.

Neil Mackay, a journalist wrote this article, Herald reporter reveals daughter's heartbreaking experience in bid to help others | HeraldScotland about an experience his daughter had, as a father of a daughter of similar age I'm sure you can empathise with his situation.

Then the fella in Bath who wrote a blog attacking him in which he stated:

"But what we do know is, he's someone prepared to weaponise his own 20 year old daughter's sexual assault, coincidently mere weeks after it had been illegally leaked to the daily record that Alex Salmond had been accused of sexual assault."

Which led to the usual psycho nationalists to attack the fella Mackay (classy), it has been condemned by some in the SNP like pete wishart, but retweeted by kenny mcaskill - a former justice minster who has broken the lockdoen a few times, and Joanna Cherry. 
Contemptible from elected officials.

• Downvote 1
28 minutes ago, daytripping said:

It's very strange, can't say I've ever even met a non binary or trans person, must be a tiny tiny minority. I don't even know what self ID is, anyone?

It was very nearly put into UK law that anybody aged 18 or over can declare themselves a member of the opposite sex and have their birth certificate changed to reflect this without the hassle of what is in place now...where they have to apply to a Gender recognition panel after fulfilling the following requirements. The trans lobby (a fucking tiny minority but who cannot keep their mouths shut about demanding ever more "rights") are demanding that the Scottish Government enact this themselves.

1) to to be diagnosed as having gender dysphoria by 2 suitably qualified practitioners and provide reports from them to the panel (generally one from your GP and a second from a psychiatrist or psychologist practicing in the gender dysphoria field)

2) to have lived in the different gender for 2 years minimum prior to making the application

3) to confirm they intend to live in their new gender until death.

In either case there is no compunction to either take hormone therapy or have any gender reassignment surgery.

I know of a guy suing NHS Fife for letting him have treatment, puberty blockers and shit, when he was below 18 and against his parents wishes. 

It's been rumbling on for years, I keep expecting to see it in the news. I suspect they ended up getting a big wedge with some kind of confidentiality clause. 

The story behind it is tragic and I've no doubt these people think they are helping these people by indulging them but they aren't, they are being unintentionally cruel. 

4 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Any data on that or have you just made it up?

As for the Gender Ideology i agree with you on that the SNP can get to fuck

I don't need data, I've lived in Scandinavia. Fair play like if you want to lose over half your pay in tax then have to pay £8 for a pint.

Sounds like SNP Nirvana actually, we've already seen that with minimum alcohol pricing, would soon increase hugely, all in the name of our health of course. 

Just now, daytripping said:

I don't need data, I've lived in Scandinavia. Fair play like if you want to lose over half your pay in tax then have to pay £8 for a pint.

Sounds like SNP Nirvana actually, we've already seen that with minimum alcohol pricing, would soon increase hugely, all in the name of our health of course. 

You can put money on that. Lockdown has increased "alcohol related harms" so the minimum price will get wapped up massively. They won't acknowledge their own role in it all and they'll be fine as we're paying for all their bevvy anyway the sponging cunts

17 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Agreed.

You see the nick of them and the way the act on twatter, it's fairly horrific.

Totally fucked up.

Mutants. Dangerous cunts.

That cunt Blackman, had to block her the drivel she was spewing forth.

Embarrassing.

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

Selective as one of the best payers of pensions the Netherlands does not have high taxes unless your on a big wage same as here.

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, daytripping said:

We'd be running at a huge deficit as it (SNP Own figures), I'm just wondering where the money would come from. 

There is no magic money tree.

4 hours ago, caledonia said:

Where do other countries get the money

4 hours ago, daytripping said:

They heavily tax people.

3 hours ago, caledonia said:

Any data on that or have you just made it up?

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

54 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Selective as one of the best payers of pensions the Netherlands does not have high taxes unless your on a big wage same as here.

16 minutes ago, daytripping said:

They make loads of taxes from drugs, are you advocating we legalise drugs?

We've got a real "meeting of minds" going on here, lads. 

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1