Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Fridge said:

Fucking hell, they’ve been debating Brexit deal since,

9.30am, all parties have said they should call it quits at 14.30 apart from SNP who have said it should be 16.30. What have they possibly got to say that they haven’t already said. Just political nonesense.

The SNP under the Sturgeon and Murrell stewardship are so far out of touch, they think they can fool us into believing their voting against the deal is "a principled vote against Brexit" when it is nothing of the sort. Remain is not on the table and so voting against this deal, however bad they think it is, is akin to voting for No Deal. The very No Deal they have warned against for almost 5 years. 

To think, they used to say Unionists treat Scots like idiots. They're going the same way and have practically morphed into New Labour, with the same predominance of careerists, chancers and wage thieves, not to mention the arrogance of taking voters for granted. 

As a side note, the SNP heirarchy have been trying to woo the EU for years now. The fact the EU has been less than enthusiastic about an independent Scotland thus far notwithstanding (I'll assume they're *ahem* just wishing to be diplomatic and not be seen to interfere in England's affairs) I dare say they would be fuming if the deal they've worked hard to reach with the belligerent UK government, was voted down in Parliament because of SNP votes.

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

What's the view on politicians voting for a bill to approve a deal they haven't even read?

As we learned only today, Scottish Fishing is now considerably worse off than we were under the CFP. 

The first paragraph touches upon something huge here. The Smith Commission, for all its talk of becoming "the most powerful devolved parliament in the world" after a NO vote in 2014, has to all intents and purposes remained, at best, a colonial administration and at worst, a talking shop for useless gobshytes like Murdo Fraser, who has lost every election contested, but made a career politician lifestyle out of sneaking in continually through the "List MSP" system. That Holyrood remains a paper tiger is as much the fault of the SNP as any other party.

As for the second paragraph, I haven't looked at the minutiae of the deal for the fishing industry, but would any of us be in the least bit surprised if they have been sold out by the Tories yet again? They were well warned in 2017, so my sympathy levels are decidedly low, if they thought Douglas Ross or the sex pest Ross Thompson were suitable voices to represent them.