New Stadium Approved

The only reason Kingsford will be ditched is because the club can't afford it, so if they can't afford building from scratch, they're not going to start demolishing stands, moving the pitch and building at Pittodrie.

The "build one stand at a time" sounds great in principle, but they need to widen the pitch, therefore a rebuilt South Stand will be at a reduced capacity. Why spend millions to have a smaller stand?

They're also not going to make a big deal out of telling everyone a redeveloped Pittodrie would be 12-14,000 capacity, and then build bigger than that to make themselves look like idiots.

People getting excited about a post from a fantasist who spent the summer pretending he was in the know about signings and getting none of them right.

The sale of Pittodrie is key and that appears to be a stumbling block because the housing market is currently on its arse. Nothing else to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pretty sure it's McDiarmid himself that runs that account.

I don't know McDiarmid personally and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but i dislike him a lot. In fact i dislike all of the Redtv people. Redtv needs to modernise and get a studio type approach within budget and have a tidy bird presenting interviewing and a more youthful approach.

The presenting quality is not worth the money.

Anyway the above has fuckall to do with the stadium so as you were.

I don't know McDiarmid personally and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but i dislike him a lot. In fact i dislike all of the Redtv people. Redtv needs to modernise and get a studio type approach within budget and have a tidy bird presenting interviewing and a more youthful approach.

Agreed

Blonde massive cans should be mini standard who cares what team she supports

As long as she can read at a primary school standard she’ll be doing better than the gluepots they’ve already got

• Upvote 2

Be a fairly modern media 'suite' at Kingsford I'd guess so not entirely irrelevant.

If (big if) they can generate enough money to build the new stadium they should just redevelop our home.  Only 2 stands imminently need done to have a cracking stadium again.

Knock down the South and build a new main stand with changing rooms, corporate facilities

Once that is done knock down the main stand and build a new stand.

Leave the Merkland as is and put away fans in it.  Could add some safe standing for our fans.

Ideally make the new stands stands the same hight as the lower tier of the RDS so it can all join up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If (big if) they can generate enough money to build the new stadium they should just redevelop our home.  Only 2 stands imminently need done to have a cracking stadium again.

Knock down the South and build a new main stand with changing rooms, corporate facilities

Once that is done knock down the main stand and build a new stand.

Leave the Merkland as is and put away fans in it.  Could add some safe standing for our fans.

Ideally make the new stands stands the same hight as the lower tier of the RDS so it can all join up.

Impossible. The instant we applied to do up Pittodrie the UEFA pitch size regulations would also kick in. It needs lengthened by 5 metres to comply. So leaving the Merkland is not an option...it would need to be the first dealt with. Maybe do a bit  of research before posting...

Impossible. The instant we applied to do up Pittodrie the UEFA pitch size regulations would also kick in. It needs lengthened by 5 metres to comply. So leaving the Merkland is not an option...it would need to be the first dealt with. Maybe do a bit of research before posting...

The length of the pitch is only an issue should Aberdeen rebuild the Merkland. They could rebuild the south and not have to lengthen the pitch. But they would have to widen it. Vice Versa if they rebuild the Merkland and not the south.

Liverpool and Hearts don't comply length wise and don't have to. But Liverpool are trying to buy the houses behind the stand opposite the Kop so they can knock that down, and when they do they'll have to lengthen the pitch.

So as long as Aberdeen don't touch Pittodrie, the pitch is fine. But it won't stand up forever and as soon as they take a bulldozer to it they have to resize the pitch because uefa won't give them grandfather rights anymore.

Which is why the "one stand at a time" thing is a crap idea, because it'll cost a fortune for what will be a significantly reduced capacity. The south holds what - 7,000-8,000? A rebuilt one with a widened pitch cutting into it and all the new building regulations, be lucky to get half that. Same with Merkland, it'd probably be half its capacity too. Spend millions to change a 20,000 capacity stadium into a 15,000 one?

If we're rebuilding Pittodrie, knock the whole thing down and start from scratch. Anything else will be utter shite.

He’s actually a decent enough guy, used to be one of my marketing lecturers. Never met Shinie though, they used to go over the top on the moaning about refs, but now they’re a bit more subtle. Joe Harper was pretty good with them last week.

But aye they’re getting on a bit, tidy blonde with nice cans in a studio that we get to see would be a far more modern and entertaining show

He’s actually a decent enough guy, used to be one of my marketing lecturers. Never met Shinie though, they used to go over the top on the moaning about refs, but now they’re a bit more subtle. Joe Harper was pretty good with them last week.

But aye they’re getting on a bit, tidy blonde with nice cans in a studio that we get to see would be a far more modern and entertaining show

Sticking up for his shout out mates.

You don’t see them and their uselessness and bias at times adds to the show.

Hopefully they are cheap as fuck. Use the money saved for a permanently injured player.

• Upvote 1

The length of the pitch is only an issue should Aberdeen rebuild the Merkland. They could rebuild the south and not have to lengthen the pitch. But they would have to widen it. Vice Versa if they rebuild the Merkland and not the south.

Liverpool and Hearts don't comply length wise and don't have to. But Liverpool are trying to buy the houses behind the stand opposite the Kop so they can knock that down, and when they do they'll have to lengthen the pitch.

So as long as Aberdeen don't touch Pittodrie, the pitch is fine. But it won't stand up forever and as soon as they take a bulldozer to it they have to resize the pitch because uefa won't give them grandfather rights anymore.

Which is why the "one stand at a time" thing is a crap idea, because it'll cost a fortune for what will be a significantly reduced capacity. The south holds what - 7,000-8,000? A rebuilt one with a widened pitch cutting into it and all the new building regulations, be lucky to get half that. Same with Merkland, it'd probably be half its capacity too. Spend millions to change a 20,000 capacity stadium into a 15,000 one?

If we're rebuilding Pittodrie, knock the whole thing down and start from scratch. Anything else will be utter shite.

So

In the scenario where we can't afford a stadium in Kingsford I'd assume we couldn't afford a new stadium in the city.

Which would leave redeveloping Pittodrie.

So in that scenario what other option would you have other than cutting your cloth and redeveloping bit by bit?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Guest the shepherd

The Dick Donald is a terrible stand.

Have you ever been in it min? It's one of the best stands in our country. Try comparing it with the likes of the away stands at New Douglas Park, Somerset Park or Cappielow and you may have a different opinion.

So

In the scenario where we can't afford a stadium in Kingsford I'd assume we couldn't afford a new stadium in the city.

Which would leave redeveloping Pittodrie.

So in that scenario what other option would you have other than cutting your cloth and redeveloping bit by bit?

If we cant afford Kingsford then I can't imagine we could afford to redevelop Pittodrie as redevelopment is far more expensive than starting from scratch, plus we won't get cash from selling Pittodrie (whatever amount that is).

Hearts spent £20M + for one stand and got a piece of crap.

If we cant afford Kingsford then I can't imagine we could afford to redevelop Pittodrie as redevelopment is far more expensive than starting from scratch, plus we won't get cash from selling Pittodrie (whatever amount that is).

Hearts spent £20M + for one stand and got a piece of crap.

Aye but Hearts picked theirs from the 1960s council office building catalogue

• Upvote 2
Guest the shepherd

The view from upper deck isn’t great

That's very true min. It used to be always the top deck we would go in the 1990s, however we moved downstairs and the lower deck was definitely far better in terms of the view. RDF, Row C, Seat 126 was a mainstay for a number of years, just in front of the Chris Maguire fan club.