New Stadium Approved

How big a skelp of grun is the rest of the Kingsford site? We'll surely need to look at selling this for Hooses/Asda/Cineworld as one option in the stay at Pittodrie case and if considering any other locations.

Personally I want the Kingsford stadium but it's not really fair to speak about Pittodrie values and redevelopment costs without considering what we'd do with the stadium land if we dont move out there

Doubt the farmer who sold the land for pennies on the pound on the basis of the club building the new stadium there would be overly chuffed to see us selling it on at a profit at actual market value

How big a skelp of grun is the rest of the Kingsford site? We'll surely need to look at selling this for Hooses/Asda/Cineworld as one option in the stay at Pittodrie case and if considering any other locations.

Personally I want the Kingsford stadium but it's not really fair to speak about Pittodrie values and redevelopment costs without considering what we'd do with the stadium land if we dont move out there

Would make a good AFC driving range , something thats needed out here and other amenities that could rake in revenue 

Swap locations of driving ranges?

Pittodrie moves across the road and middle management beauts don't have to travel far from their Kingswells/Westhill dream homes to go to a driving range.

WIN WIN!

Were plans for a driving range not lodged for the Kingsford site years ago long before Aberdeen bought it? It got rejected - not sure why. Likely that it wasn't needed since Westhill golf club already has one.

Were plans for a driving range not lodged for the Kingsford site years ago long before Aberdeen bought it? It got rejected - not sure why. Likely that it wasn't needed since Westhill golf club already has one.

Correct but your wrong to think that the WGC has one , they recently built a small practise area not the same thing . The area is badly lacking amenities 

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the proposed new stadium from those in the know?

Cormack spoke about it quite a bit in a few segments in the EE a week or 2 ago.

Hoping to have final design within next 6 months.

Will be able to walk right round the stadium when in stands.

Stadium plans already outdated and being revamped.

People behind spurs stadium helping.

Safe standing will be at new stadium.

Stadium will have high class dining that will be open all week.

Stadium will also have a frankie and bennys style restaurant.

Bar will be length of 1 of the stands and will hold around 1000.

Plans to have fans at stadium hours before KO

Cormack is basically saying they will be having the fanzone inside the stadium as opposed to having something outside the stadium. So fans would enter x stand for food and drinks and still be able to access any stand for seat for game. All sounds very positive.

Cormack spoke about it quite a bit in a few segments in the EE a week or 2 ago.

Hoping to have final design within next 6 months.

Will be able to walk right round the stadium when in stands.

Stadium plans already outdated and being revamped.

People behind spurs stadium helping.

Safe standing will be at new stadium.

Stadium will have high class dining that will be open all week.

Stadium will also have a frankie and bennys style restaurant.

Bar will be length of 1 of the stands and will hold around 1000.

Plans to have fans at stadium hours before KO

Cormack is basically saying they will be having the fanzone inside the stadium as opposed to having something outside the stadium. So fans would enter x stand for food and drinks and still be able to access any stand for seat for game. All sounds very positive.

It is for the 1000 who get into the "fanzone".

Shite for the other 12,000 unless they want to go straight to their seats off the shuttle bus.

It is for the 1000 who get into the "fanzone".

Shite for the other 12,000 unless they want to go straight to their seats off the shuttle bus.

Only 10-20% of crowd are probably interested in having a pint before game anyway. 2 restaurants on top of that for fans to go and eat and get a pint at. Guessing 20-25% of attendance will be in hours before KO.

Aye, cos all 12000 will want a pre match pint

:spanner:

Not just a pint though numb nuts. There is fuck all else in the area.

Only 10-20% of crowd are probably interested in having a pint before game anyway. 2 restaurants on top of that for fans to go and eat and get a pint at. Guessing 20-25% of attendance will be in hours before KO.

1000 person bar (corporate lite) and corporate will clearly not cover it if we average anything like 15k.

1000 person bar (corporate lite) and corporate will clearly not cover it if we average anything like 15k.

Yeah probably agree. Average as you know will be a lot more the 15k too, especially the first season or 2.

They say they have plans to have a walkway right round stadium. Maybe the bar will hold 1000 but have shutters right round stadium like Atlanta do. That whole level people will be able to stand and have a drink or whatever they wish pre game. I’m sure the club are looking into catering for every fan. I’d like to think that the bar holds 1000 but they could use the floor space of another stand or 2 if needed where fans could filter through too and enjoy pre match build up. Would allow a lot more fans to enjoy the experience. Would still have to go back to x stand for a drink obviously.

I’m still very much of the opinion that this, if done correctly could be a compete game changer for the club. With Atlanta helping and the people behind spurs stadium also advising I think the club is in a good position. Surely the club realise they can’t afford to get it wrong?

Yeah probably agree. Average as you know will be a lot more the 15k too, especially the first season or 2.

Really ? You think it’s a certainty that the average attendance will be over 15k? It might be , but that’ll depend mainly on how the team are doing at the time we leave Pittodrie and the initial period at a Kingsford.. If there’s a general malaise and apathy like there is now , I doubt if many of the non-season ticket holders that are currently staying away, will come back regularly in big numbers , just because we’re in a new stadium.

I doubt also that the novelty value will last for a whole season let alone any longer than that. Maybe the first couple of months or so.

Really ? You think it’s a certainty that the average attendance will be over 15k? It might be , but that’ll depend mainly on how the team are doing at the time we leave Pittodrie and the initial period at a Kingsford.. If there’s a general malaise and apathy like there is now , I doubt if many of the non-season ticket holders that are currently staying away, will come back regularly in big numbers , just because we’re in a new stadium.

I doubt also that the novelty value will last for a whole season let alone any longer than that. Maybe the first couple of months or so.

We are both just giving our opinions but I’d hazard a guess that the first season will see season ticket sales of nearer 15k. The match day experience and performances on the field will dictate it after that as you say.

I don't think this new stadium is happening in the foreseeable future. It's drag on like that fucking by-pass road. You lot up there need to vote in some folk with actual bollocks.

Correct. It is going ahead though.

It is the council in general that are total fuckkng idiots though (voted in democraticly so can’t argue with that)

Union Terrace Gardens, utter utter farce despite if it wasn’t 100 percent your cup of tea and I didn’t give a fuck about the designs. £50m free investment knocked back and more to come or just keep a hole in the ground that nobody uses other than junkies.

The city centre is a fucking disgrace.

The new exhibition centre, I think is a good and next to the airport.

AWPR good and the airport refurbishment but we should have doing this when there was shit loads of cash firing about.

Too many career politicians and anti business. We never cashed in when the going was good.

Clearly never been up the Brimmond Hill. Thats the new Broadhill.

Theres also the Maidencraig trail round Kingswells which is a lovely year-round walk. Dunecht Shoppie will also take a good 15mins+ of anyones time.

Wyndeford Farm, llamas and the enchanted forest, hamsters and ting is a cunting good time.

Plenty going on out here Jaeger Miser for pre/post fitba entertainment.