New Stadium Approved

41 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Of course the dons should bide in the city but I want it built at Kingsford now just to get it right up the wanks lot. 

maybe they've bought Boulton to lead this turn around 

Nah fuck that - build a slaughterhoose or shit factory like the one at Nigg out at Kingsford.  That'd really teach the cunts ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Moving elsewhere at this stage is going to cost the club more money. 

Not if you are moving form the middle of fucking naewie, into a smashing site in the toon.

Moving to that white elephant in the sticks would cost a fortune in lost income from attendances in comparison to a stadium at the beach.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How exactly is it cutting off our noses to spite our face?

We have planning permission and have already undertaken work for the stadium at another site. Moving elsewhere at this stage is going to cost the club more money. 

Because moving to Westhill will be a fucking disaster

This is all political posturing, nothing else.

Don't forget, we were well down the road of building the new stadium, with a shared training centre with Cove Huns, at the site where Lochside Academy now resides. Barr Construction were appointed, a start date agreed, then Cllr Willie Young pulled the plug as he wanted the new south of Aberdeen school to be built there instead, to replace Kincorth and Torry Academies.

So with Council elections coming up, any agreement to build the new stadium at this new site (which would be a monumental traffic nightmare) could get pulled by the new ruling party.

A load of Council shite. Bunch of cunts, the lot of them.

• Upvote 4

I'd support this proposed location for the stadium.

Responding to a lot of the comments about wasting money on westhill. It's not all wasted. Lot's of the time and effort would still be very relevant.

We'll be at pittodrie for a long time yet - I would guess 10 years so there is no real excitement.

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Don't forget, we were well down the road of building the new stadium, with a shared training centre with Cove Huns, at the site where Lochside Academy now resides. Barr Construction were appointed, a start date agreed, then Cllr Willie Young pulled the plug as he wanted the new south of Aberdeen school got built there instead, to replace Kincorth and Torry Academies. Yeah, I'm sure no brown envelopes changed hand there.

So with Council elections coming up, any agreement to build the new stadium at this new site (which would be a monumental traffic nightmare) could get pulled by the new ruling party.

How do you work that out?  Be no different to where it is now.  Far better than Westhill traffic wise 

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Not if you are moving form the middle of fucking naewie, into a smashing site in the toon.

Moving to that white elephant in the sticks would cost a fortune in lost income from attendances in comparison to a stadium at the beach.

It's hardly the middle of naewie. I live in town, and the Kingsford site is exactly the same distance from me than Pittodrie currently is.

The club board didn't think moving there was a bad idea, and i'm pretty sure they'll be more qualified to judge that than some random folks on AFC Chat.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Because moving to Westhill will be a fucking disaster

See above

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd support this proposed location for the stadium.

Responding to a lot of the comments about wasting money on westhill. It's not all wasted. Lot's of the time and effort would still be very relevant.

We'll be at pittodrie for a long time yet - I would guess 10 years so there is no real excitement.

I'm sure everyone would prefer the stadium to stay in town, but at this stage there's no doubt it will cost a small fortune to up plans from Kingsford. The stadium design itself wouldn't change I'd guess, but just about every other thing associated with the plan would. External works, drainage, traffic management plans etc etc. 

I've no faith in the council presenting anything overly helpful to AFC to persuade them to change their minds now anyway. They are hopeless and have been a constant thorn in the clubs side every time previously they have looked at moving in the past. 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

You never heard of the AWPR? If not, it doesn’t  go near the city centre, unfortunately.

For those getting all excited, stand down. 

34 minutes ago, NEM said:

How do you work that out?  Be no different to where it is now.  Far better than Westhill traffic wise 

Like NEM said ,there is no problem.

Really in favour of this. Pittodrie redevlopment was never an option but the location is what people are used to and have their matchdays planned around where it is, what's around it etc.

Baffled by those saying it'll be a nightmare for traffic, it's about 500m along the road from current stadium so I'd imagine it wouldn't change the travel arrangements/parking etc for many.

7 minutes ago, florin_raducioiu said:

Really in favour of this. Pittodrie redevlopment was never an option but the location is what people are used to and have their matchdays planned around where it is, what's around it etc.

Baffled by those saying it'll be a nightmare for traffic, it's about 500m along the road from current stadium so I'd imagine it wouldn't change the travel arrangements/parking etc for many.

Any new construction project will be subject to modern day traffic regulations etc,  so it won't stay the same as Pittodrie for anyone driving/parking. 

9 minutes ago, florin_raducioiu said:

It's a non story FFS.

• Upvote 1

The only way I can see this happening were if the idea of a community stadium is revisited. Council and club share the costs of build, AFC get it for match days and ACC get it for other events and streams. Split the costs, split the revenue etc, split the ownership so we still have an asset. Now we’ve got a training complex we won’t have to worry about training during the week etc.

Definitely worth investigating on that basis. But they can fuck right off if they don’t pay half.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Don't forget, we were well down the road of building the new stadium, with a shared training centre with Cove Huns, at the site where Lochside Academy now resides. Barr Construction were appointed, a start date agreed, then Cllr Willie Young pulled the plug as he wanted the new south of Aberdeen school to be built there instead, to replace Kincorth and Torry Academies.

I dont dispute any of that.  I would suggest that building a stadium at Kingsford just to spite them might be a tad short sighted however.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

You never heard of the AWPR? If not, it doesn’t  go near the city centre, unfortunately.

For those getting all excited, stand down. 

Nah never heard of it ?

I work out there - the junction beside Kingsford is a fucking nightmare at rush hour and that's probably a fraction of the traffic that'd be heading to a game

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

It's hardly the middle of naewie. I live in town, and the Kingsford site is exactly the same distance from me than Pittodrie currently is.

The club board didn't think moving there was a bad idea, and i'm pretty sure they'll be more qualified to judge that than some random folks on AFC Chat.

LOL

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

The only way I can see this happening were if the idea of a community stadium is revisited. Council and club share the costs of build, AFC get it for match days and ACC get it for other events and streams. Split the costs, split the revenue etc, split the ownership so we still have an asset. Now we’ve got a training complex we won’t have to worry about training during the week etc.

Definitely worth investigating on that basis. But they can fuck right off if they don’t pay half.

Don’t think the council should be getting any of the revenue streams the club produce. Club will have to pay business rates and it will have a massive boost to city in general as opposed to the club moving out city. The council should of been begging for Aberdeen to stay within the city 5 years ago not now. The council should be footing the bill for planning etc and making a respectable contribution at very least to sway the football club. This is potentially part of a billion pound project for the city so the club should be milking this to the absolute extreme. 

23 minutes ago, slippers said:

Don’t think the council should be getting any of the revenue streams the club produce. Club will have to pay business rates and it will have a massive boost to city in general as opposed to the club moving out city. The council should of been begging for Aberdeen to stay within the city 5 years ago not now. The council should be footing the bill for planning etc and making a respectable contribution at very least to sway the football club. This is potentially part of a billion pound project for the city so the club should be milking this to the absolute extreme. 

Read it again