New Stadium Approved

10 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Read it again

Ive read it again, Council will already gain from the stadium being built in city. Aberdeen will gain having to pay less for stadium but not overlay comfortable with the council getting half the gate for example. The council would gain far more from a deal like that long term than the club would. Just spent 185m on the new AECC why wasn't there a consultation on incorporating stadium to the plans. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Ive read it again, Council will already gain from the stadium being built in city. Aberdeen will gain having to pay less for stadium but not overlay comfortable with the council getting half the gate for example. The council would gain far more from a deal like that long term than the club would. Just spent 185m on the new AECC why wasn't there a consultation on incorporating stadium to the plans. 

Who said anything about the council keeping half the gate?

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

I took it to mean the council keeping any revenue from council organised events

Think I picked it up wrong. If the council would put 50% into build and Dons could keep all revenue streams they create its would be mad to turn it down. ACC will most probably expect Aberdeen to pay for everything though. 

6 hours ago, eddiec said:

Not even sure that area would be big enough and the traffic chaos it would cause on the boulie its bad enough now with the retail park its a non starter and just the twats on the council coming up with another hair brained scheme to make themselves important ... remember this is the same wifie Boulton who said we should forget the bypass and build a tunnel along the seafront to take traffic through the city.

This will fix it

Monorail by Brian Miller | The Simpsons Comic-Con 2018 New Release – Dark  Ink

36 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

This.  And that’s from someone who the new venue will take the best part of 3/4s of an hour off travel in and the same again out.

I genuinely don't know why the old AECC site wasn't considered more by the club. I walk across it fairly regularly to walk along Royal Aberdeen and now that the concert hall has been flattened you get an appreciation of just how large an area it is. Loads of room for a stadium and still plenty car/bus parking, easy access for fans driving from outwith the city/away fans via AWPR, decent existing public transport with 1/2 bus services from city centre every 5 minutes. Couple of pubs in close proximity in the Brig Inn and Black Dog plus opportunity to build something on site. Would've been a no brainer but that ship has sailed I'd think. 

I know it's been earmarked for around 500 houses but with the development on the other side of the parkway and the fact that Bridge of Don is already fucking enormous, is there really need for another development of that size.

5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Sell the Kingsford ground where the stadium was going to a supermarket company or fast food outlet.

Keep the training ground and the beach stadium built.

Enough supermarkets out here as it is . Build a golf range or go carts, children's soft play centre, whatever  . Club can run it and get the revenue from that 

6 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It's hardly the middle of naewie. I live in town, and the Kingsford site is exactly the same distance from me than Pittodrie currently is.

The club board didn't think moving there was a bad idea, and i'm pretty sure they'll be more qualified to judge that than some random folks on AFC Chat

?

Yeah, they've sure proved that over the years.

Fucking halfwit.

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like there's unanimous support for this? 

Anyone still prefer to move to Kingsford? 

If there's a suitable site in the city and its not far from the current site, it's a no brainer really.. yes a lot of time and money has been wasted on Kingsford already but the club's home is in the city proper. Good for the city, the businesses round about and far preferable to the semi rural and less accessible Westhill site. They only chose it because they'd run out of other options.

4 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

If there's a suitable site in the city and its not far from the current site, it's a no brainer really.. yes a lot of time and money has been wasted on Kingsford already but the club's home is in the city proper. Good for the city, the businesses round about and far preferable to the semi rural and less accessible Westhill site. They only chose it because they'd run out of other options.

The prospect has fair cheered me up. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

For what reason TC?

Because I believe that a redeveloped Pittodrie would end up holding at an absolute maximum 15k fans. With zero possibility of increasing it. 

I'm also one of the folk for whom Kingsford would have saved at least 30 minutes travel time to. But that would be of secondary importance if we could stay in the city. I totally get that many more businesses will benefit if we are only relocating a few hundred yards. I'd actually probably just abandon driving up in future and just train it.

40 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like there's unanimous support for this? 

Anyone still prefer to move to Kingsford? 

Me.  Been far too much fucking about. 

What happens with the new site once everyone starts objecting, or the council gets voted out at an election. 

The only way this would make sense would be if the council are prepared to throw a chunk of cash at the club to do it. But they won't be because they're a bunch of self important busy bodies. 

This fucking stinks. In four or five years time it'll be abandoned due to some shite like the soil not being adequate to support a stadium and we'll move onto a another site, perpetually kicking the can down the road. 

As I said previously, fuck the fucking council, they've had 20 years to try and sort something out. To wait until after we finally have a site and planning permission is fucking disgraceful. 

This stinks of that bint Marie Boulton stirring the shit rather than genuinely trying to help.

• Downvote 1