New Stadium Approved

36 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

This.  And that’s from someone who the new venue will take the best part of 3/4s of an hour off travel in and the same again out.

I genuinely don't know why the old AECC site wasn't considered more by the club. I walk across it fairly regularly to walk along Royal Aberdeen and now that the concert hall has been flattened you get an appreciation of just how large an area it is. Loads of room for a stadium and still plenty car/bus parking, easy access for fans driving from outwith the city/away fans via AWPR, decent existing public transport with 1/2 bus services from city centre every 5 minutes. Couple of pubs in close proximity in the Brig Inn and Black Dog plus opportunity to build something on site. Would've been a no brainer but that ship has sailed I'd think. 

I know it's been earmarked for around 500 houses but with the development on the other side of the parkway and the fact that Bridge of Don is already fucking enormous, is there really need for another development of that size.

5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Sell the Kingsford ground where the stadium was going to a supermarket company or fast food outlet.

Keep the training ground and the beach stadium built.

Enough supermarkets out here as it is . Build a golf range or go carts, children's soft play centre, whatever  . Club can run it and get the revenue from that 

6 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It's hardly the middle of naewie. I live in town, and the Kingsford site is exactly the same distance from me than Pittodrie currently is.

The club board didn't think moving there was a bad idea, and i'm pretty sure they'll be more qualified to judge that than some random folks on AFC Chat

?

Yeah, they've sure proved that over the years.

Fucking halfwit.

4 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

If there's a suitable site in the city and its not far from the current site, it's a no brainer really.. yes a lot of time and money has been wasted on Kingsford already but the club's home is in the city proper. Good for the city, the businesses round about and far preferable to the semi rural and less accessible Westhill site. They only chose it because they'd run out of other options.

The prospect has fair cheered me up. 

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

For what reason TC?

Because I believe that a redeveloped Pittodrie would end up holding at an absolute maximum 15k fans. With zero possibility of increasing it. 

I'm also one of the folk for whom Kingsford would have saved at least 30 minutes travel time to. But that would be of secondary importance if we could stay in the city. I totally get that many more businesses will benefit if we are only relocating a few hundred yards. I'd actually probably just abandon driving up in future and just train it.

40 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like there's unanimous support for this? 

Anyone still prefer to move to Kingsford? 

Me.  Been far too much fucking about. 

What happens with the new site once everyone starts objecting, or the council gets voted out at an election. 

The only way this would make sense would be if the council are prepared to throw a chunk of cash at the club to do it. But they won't be because they're a bunch of self important busy bodies. 

This fucking stinks. In four or five years time it'll be abandoned due to some shite like the soil not being adequate to support a stadium and we'll move onto a another site, perpetually kicking the can down the road. 

As I said previously, fuck the fucking council, they've had 20 years to try and sort something out. To wait until after we finally have a site and planning permission is fucking disgraceful. 

This stinks of that bint Marie Boulton stirring the shit rather than genuinely trying to help.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Me.  Been far too much fucking about. 

What happens with the new site once everyone starts objecting, or the council gets voted out at an election. 

The only way this would make sense would be if the council are prepared to thrown a chunk of cash at the club to do it. 

This fucking stinks. In four or five years time it'll be abandoned due to some shite like the soil not being adequate to support a stadium and we'll move onto a another site, perpetually kicking the can down the road. 

As I said previously, fuck the fucking council, they've had 20 years to try and sort something out. To wait until after we finally have a site and planning permission is fucking disgraceful. 

Aye but the best outcome for the long term future of the club and its fans is the most important thing. 

Can't see Kingsford happening any time soon anyway. If the council have had second thoughts and it costs is less in the long run then it's worth it imo. 

Why cut off your nose to spite your face to end up with a less desirable outcome? 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Because I believe that a redeveloped Pittodrie would end up holding at an absolute maximum 15k fans

Fair enough. Always thought that was propaganda tbh.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why cut off your nose to spite your face to end up with a less desirable outcome? 

Because it all seems false. Its shit stirring and/or posturing PR by the council. 

This is Marie Boulton were talking about. She promoted the notion of a fucking tunnel instead of a bypass. 

All she is doing is designed to send a heap of flak AFCs way, as they will take shit form fans for progressing with Kingsford when there was a "better option" available.  But there isn't. It's just some bint from the council sounding her mouth off. 

Ask the council this? 

*Do we have planning permisson at the site? No

* has a feasibility study been done? No

* are AFC getting the site for free? No

* are the council going to cover the additional costs of running the stadium and training ground at 2 seperate sites? No

* are the council going to cover the costs afc have spent on kingsford so far? No

I wait for Marie Boulton to say here's a site for free, with planning permission, plans, building warrrants all ready to go, you can break ground tomorrow. 

Until that day, I will maintain my stance that she's a shit stirring cunt spouting shite to put the club in an awkward position. 

The club have already had to try and play it down whilst being careful to not be seen to say fuck off to a better site, as they know this is shite, but not everyone else does. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Because it all seems false. Its shit stirring and/or posturing PR by the council. 

This is Marie Boulton were talking about. She promoted the notion of a fucking tunnel instead of a bypass. 

All she is doing is designed to send a heap of flak AFCs way, as they will take shit form fans for progressing with Kingsford when there was a "better option" available.  But there isn't. It's just some bint from the council sounding her mouth off. 

Ask the council this? 

*Do we have planning permisson at the site? No

* has a feasibility study been done? No

* are AFC getting the site for free? No

* are the council going to cover the additional costs of running the stadium and training ground at 2 seperate sites? No

* are the council going to cover the costs afc have spent on kingsford so far? No

I wait for Marie Boulton to say here's a site for free, with planning permission, plans, building warrrants all ready to go, you can break ground tomorrow. 

Until that day, I will maintain my stance that she's a shit stirring cunt spouting shite to put the club in an awkward position. 

The club have already had to try and play it down whilst being careful to not be seen to say fuck off to a better site, as they know this is shite, but not everyone else does. 

Then we tell the council to put up or shut up , balls in or court 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agree. And when the council don't come up with anything of substance, hopefully fans  will see this for the posturing it is, and won't hold it against the club. 

I won't hold it against the club of it falls through. 

But I would hold it against the club if they didn't at least pursue it. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I won't hold it against the club of it falls through. 

But I would hold it against the club if they didn't at least pursue it. 

Hey if you told me that in 5 years time we would have a stadium on that site with the same or better spec as kingsford I'd be more than happy. 

Club should crack on with kingsford in the mean time. Obviously this will be delayed due to covid, so there should be plenty of time for the council to sort everything out for the new site before we break ground at Kingsford. 

Edit  I would Caveat that the club shouldn't be paying anything to investigate the new site. Any feasibility studies etc should be sorted out and funded by the council. 

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

Hey if you told me that in 5 years time we would have a stadium on that site with the same or better spec as kingsford I'd be more than happy. 

Club should crack on with kingsford in the mean time. Obviously this will be delayed due to covid, so there should be plenty of time for the council to sort everything out for the new site before we break ground at Kingsford. 

Aye. I understand why you're pissed off with the council. It infuriated me that the city didn't try to help the club find a proper site in a central location as well. 

Covid has made people reevaluate a lot things (for the moment anyway) so I hope they are being genuine about all of this. 

18 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

How about we just get this sorted its been dragging  on for how many years 1O

We could have been in a new stadium by now

Wherever it goes I will be there no matter how inconvenient  the travel

Just depends how much you love the Dons and get of your backside to go to a home game. Thats if you call yourself a Red

Oooh look a superfan!

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Covid has made people reevaluate a lot things (for the moment anyway) so I hope they are being genuine about all of this. 

Marie Boulton doesn't have a history of being genuine. A fucking tunnel under the city ffs. A fucking tunnel!!! Not just a wee tunnel. A fucking big one. No real thought or investigation, just spouting her fucking mouth off.

Your right though, I am pissed off, but not because of the council not helping in the past, but because it's clear to me that this suggestion has no substance to it and its sucking people in already.

6 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Your right though, I am pissed off, but not because of the council not helping in the past, but because it's clear to me that this suggestion has no substance to it and its sucking people in already.

I've read in the past there was an anti-Milne agenda going on within ACC. Time will tell if there's any truth to that and if there's any improvement in co-operation now he's sidelined.

You're right - it's all wind and pish until it's in black and white.

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Marie Boulton doesn't have a history of being genuine. A fucking tunnel under the city ffs. A fucking tunnel!!! Not just a wee tunnel. A fucking big one. No real thought or investigation, just spouting her fucking mouth off.

This ^^^^
It’s delusional, pie in the sky garbage. 
Sadly.

The club is still committed to Westfuckinghill. 

• Like 1