New Stadium Approved

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Cormack and his American mates have barely been in charge for a single year, let alone “years”.

Fucking halfwit.

Wasn’t aware the only board members were cormack and the cowboys 

There was me thinking the architect of 20+ years of shambolic stadium management was still on the board 

8 hours ago, slippers said:

Just spent 185m on the new AECC why wasn't there a consultation on incorporating stadium to the plans. 

There was, Aberdeen were offered the chance to tie in with that project, but said there wasn't room because they wanted a training ground and stadium.

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:
3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Because it all seems false. Its shit stirring and/or posturing PR by the council. 

This is Marie Boulton were talking about. She promoted the notion of a fucking tunnel instead of a bypass. 

All she is doing is designed to send a heap of flak AFCs way, as they will take shit form fans for progressing with Kingsford when there was a "better option" available.  But there isn't. It's just some bint from the council sounding her mouth off. 

Ask the council this? 

*Do we have planning permisson at the site? No

* has a feasibility study been done? No

* are AFC getting the site for free? No

* are the council going to cover the additional costs of running the stadium and training ground at 2 seperate sites? No

* are the council going to cover the costs afc have spent on kingsford so far? No

I wait for Marie Boulton to say here's a site for free, with planning permission, plans, building warrrants all ready to go, you can break ground tomorrow. 

Until that day, I will maintain my stance that she's a shit stirring cunt spouting shite to put the club in an awkward position. 

The club have already had to try and play it down whilst being careful to not be seen to say fuck off to a better site, as they know this is shite, but not everyone else does. 

Pretty much this. The club will be privately raging at this, and Boulton is trying to win votes. 

If there was anything actually in this, you would keep it quiet and make a big announcement together. Council have gone public now so when nothing comes of it they can say "well, we tried".

10 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Cormack and his American mates have barely been in charge for a single year, let alone “years”.

Fucking halfwit.

You said "the club board"

It is the "club board" who has presided over fuck up after fuck up after fuck up in the last 20 years.

And the current act of the stadium farce, had been in process prior to Cormack too.

You've changed the argument as your initial one was obviously wrong.

As is this new one.

Also that retarded argument that just because the board say so, then that's it.

Any argument against what they say is invalid.

Even though they've been wrong every single time on this issue in the past.

For anyone to believe they can make more money in a brand new stadium in the sticks versus a brand new stadium in town, 10 mins walk from the centre is nuts.
Pretty sure the board know that as well, despite you arguing on their behalf without knowing their actual thoughts on the above.

You are wanting to have a go new board members for the actions of old board members? Should we have a go at the current players for results before they were here as well? 

As has been seen with the funding for Cormack park and the Gallagher and Hernandez signings, Cormack and his mates at Atlanta are running the show here now, nobody else. They haven’t presided over fuck up after fuck up.

I’ve never said the club won’t make money with a new stadium in town - I said they will have wasted a lot of money to change their plans at this stage, unless the council are going to compensate / help fund the project. They’ve never provided any help thus far, I doubt they will now. 

21 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

If there is ANY chance of this happening it needs to be fully explored.

Even initial paper talk of it shows there is no appetite to move out to Kingsford  (biggest poll suggests roughly 60% are in favour for new beach site, 30% to redevelop Pittodrie, 10% Kingsford). 

But this is what I'm talking about. We now have 60% of people thinking we should build at a site which is nothing more than a thought in Marie Boultons head. 

And I get the wish to have it fully explored - but by who?   We've seen all the time, effort and cost that goes into that.

Does kingsford get put on hold whilst we engage in this wild goose chase? 

What happens when it's deemed not feasible, we refocus on Kingsford and then Marie Boulton calls up the evening express and mentions another site in the city " hmmm what about the Harlaw playing fields?". Do we put Kingsford on hold again. 

She's an absolute shit stirring cunt, who has stitched the club up good and proper. 

40 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

But this is what I'm talking about. We now have 60% of people thinking we should build at a site which is nothing more than a thought in Marie Boultons head. 

And I get the wish to have it fully explored - but by who?   We've seen all the time, effort and cost that goes into that.

Does kingsford get put on hold whilst we engage in this wild goose chase? 

What happens when it's deemed not feasible, we refocus on Kingsford and then Marie Boulton calls up the evening express and mentions another site in the city " hmmm what about the Harlaw playing fields?". Do we put Kingsford on hold again. 

She's an absolute shit stirring cunt, who has stitched the club up good and proper. 

I think Kingsford is pretty much on hold due to funding issues just now anyway Ernie so it buys some time I guess. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Kingsford is pretty much on hold due to funding issues just now anyway Ernie so it buys some time I guess. 

Yeah. If the council are serious it gives them time to quietly investigate alternative sites keeping AFC fully informed.  Once they have got to a stage where things are shaping up pretty solidly, then they in conjunction with AFC can make an announcement. Absolutely no problem with that.

That's not what has happened, and it's not what is happening here.  So disappointing that people can't see through this. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah. If the council are serious it gives them time to quietly investigate alternative sites keeping AFC fully informed.  Once they have got to a stage where things are shaping up pretty solidly, then they in conjunction with AFC can make an announcement. Absolutely no problem with that.

That's not what has happened, and it's not what is happening here.  So disappointing that people can't see through this. 

Sounds like the wifie jumped the gun and shot her mouth off when it would have been better if things were discussed quietly behind the scenes first to manage expectations. 

11 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Some dude on FB claiming the council are going to fund 60% of this . When i questioned him he wouldn't reveal his source , make of it what you will

If that's true then we should be all over it. As others have said...what's happened with covid has certainly put back starting Kingsford probably by 5 years anyway so there's plenty time to see if this really is a feasible option. 60% would obv make the council majority owners. I would hope they haven't got designs on trying to charge us an annual rent......if that is their idea then I'd rather we insisted on us funding 50% so we would be equal owners.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sounds like the wifie jumped the gun and shot her mouth off when it would have been better if things were discussed quietly behind the scenes first to manage expectations. 

Aye that's my take on things too. 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, muttonhumper said:

Also that retarded argument that just because the board say so, then that's it.

Any argument against what they say is invalid.

Even though they've been wrong every single time on this issue in the past.

For anyone to believe they can make more money in a brand new stadium in the sticks versus a brand new stadium in town, 10 mins walk from the centre is nuts.
Pretty sure the board know that as well, despite you arguing on their behalf without knowing their actual thoughts on the above.

If the “current board” don’t seriously look at this option then they are no better than the clowns who preceded them 

23 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

You are wanting to have a go new board members for the actions of old board members? Should we have a go at the current players for results before they were here as well? 

As has been seen with the funding for Cormack park and the Gallagher and Hernandez signings, Cormack and his mates at Atlanta are running the show here now, nobody else. They haven’t presided over fuck up after fuck up.

I’ve never said the club won’t make money with a new stadium in town - I said they will have wasted a lot of money to change their plans at this stage, unless the council are going to compensate / help fund the project. They’ve never provided any help thus far, I doubt they will now. 

Bit of a contradiction there 

42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If that's true then we should be all over it. As others have said...what's happened with covid has certainly put back starting Kingsford probably by 5 years anyway so there's plenty time to see if this really is a feasible option. 60% would obv make the council majority owners. I would hope they haven't got designs on trying to charge us an annual rent......if that is their idea then I'd rather we insisted on us funding 50% so we would be equal owners.

Aye that's my take on things too. 

This is what the guy posted

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...

Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this
2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

This is what the guy posted

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...

Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this

Would love that to be true but sounds like pie in the sky tbh

The fact remains that there is no appetite to move to Kingsford with that poll showing 6 times as many people would prefer the beach site (despite obvious concerns re the plausability of that) and 3 times as many people would prefer a revamped Pittodrie. 

Now the AWPR is up and running the folly of having it out there is clear to anyone who uses that road. Horrific tailbacks at that junction, not enough parking (a fleet of shuttle buses idea is just bonkers), and fuck all round about.