New Stadium Approved

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where does it say that they are scaling back on the beach plans and that there will be no stadium plans for Aberdeen? 

There was £150m for the beachfront project originally. Now the John Lewis building, Bon Accord centre and surrounding area is to be included in that £150m. So there will be less money available for the beach / stadium. That’s fairly obvious?

• Dildo 1

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

There was £150m for the beachfront project originally. Now the John Lewis building, Bon Accord centre and surrounding area is to be included in that £150m. So there will be less money available for the beach / stadium. That’s fairly obvious?

Fair enough, must have misread it.  Personally I don't think they need to spend 150m down at the beach anyway. We've got a world class sports centre two streets away. The ballroom and the leisure centre need a bit of sprucing up.  Hopefully still enough left over to contribute to a new stadium. 

We'll find out next month I guess once they reveal the detail. 

I really hope the beach stadium goes ahead, but this just highlights the major problem with the likes of Marie Boulton opening her mouth and spouting before there are any concrete plans. 

We've seen it all before and I fear that Poodler has the right of it. 

If it doesn't go ahead now, people will go mental at the club. In my mind we should be holding these councillors to account and demand that they find a way to build new stadium at the beach within 3 years. 

Otherwise the cunts shouldnt be opening their mouths and writing cheques their arses can't cash. 

They’d struggle to build a couple of schools for £150m so this is all absolute garbage, political grand standing.

What really needs to happen is the people who approved and allowed union square to be built need to be fired. End of.

What did they think would happen to the city centre?

There needs to be an independent infrastructure and planning committee created who’s sole objective is to protect, plan and build a city - not make decisions based on political news bites.

What a bunch of absolute cunt clowns

6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

They’d struggle to build a couple of schools for £150m so this is all absolute garbage, political grand standing.

What really needs to happen is the people who approved and allowed union square to be built need to be fired. End of.

There needs to be an independent infrastructure and planning committee created who’s sole objective is to protect, plan and build a city - not make decisions based on political news bites.

Aye, agree with this.  We need to completely rethink what we want our city centre to be used for. 

23 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I really hope the beach stadium goes ahead, but this just highlights the major problem with the likes of Marie Boulton opening her mouth and spouting before there are any concrete plans. 

We've seen it all before and I fear that Poodler has the right of it. 

If it doesn't go ahead now, people will go mental at the club. In my mind we should be holding these councillors to account and demand that they find a way to build new stadium at the beach within 3 years. 

Otherwise the cunts shouldnt be opening their mouths and writing cheques their arses can't cash. 

Planning and funding granted in next 12 months or Kingsford it is. Need to put real pressure on them as for years stuff like this has been used for political gain. 

48 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Keeping the new stadium at the beach would be a huge boost for the city centre.

Pubs,food,shops would benefit.

Personally I think at least one of these shopping centres needs to go.

48 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We could at least play the council at their own game and say we will begin Kingsford plans if they don't cough up with the beach planning permission.

What’s needed is a BOOSTER rocket up the asses of the so called  council clowns who couldn’t run a tap for a bath.  New stadium won’t happen with these idiots in charge it’s all talkie talkie to make them look like they are interested, in a  beach stadium.   There will be excuse after excuse for the next 5 years for it not to happen.    

3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

What’s needed is a BOOSTER rocket up the asses of the so called  council clowns who couldn’t run a tap for a bath.  New stadium won’t happen with these idiots in charge it’s all talkie talkie to make them look like they are interested, in a  beach stadium.   There will be excuse after excuse for the next 5 years for it not to happen.    

Totally agree.

Off the top of my head I remember 2 pipe dreams by the council that never went any further.

An oil rig down at the beach to be used as a museum.

A monorail running from the centre , round the harbour and down to the beach.

I'm sUre there's lots of others.

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Totally agree.

Off the top of my head I remember 2 pipe dreams by the council that never went any further.

They built a super lie detector machine for sturgeon but it got so overloaded it blew up.  

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Aye too many shopping centres now. 

The Trinity is mostly empty as well now but benefits from being semi connected to union Square. 

I think the Bon Accord is the nicest looking centre though out of all of them ironically. Hopefully will be repurposed for some else. 

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

Union square was bad enough, to then go and build that carbuncle across from Marshall College is a hanging offence 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Flatten Norco house and the Bon Accord centre and sell the land for housing. Gets more folk living in the centre which in turn should increase footfall in shops, cafes, pubs etc. Offer the few remaining shops in Bon Accord cheap rates on Union street and get the charity and mobile phone shops to fuck 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Totally agree.

Lol you’ve been watching too much Simpsons. Don’t think a monorails been suggested anywhere but on this site (as a laugh)

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Union square was bad enough, to then go and build that carbuncle across from Marshall College is a hanging offence 

Aye, that must be close to the most fucking retarded effort from ACC in their shameful, fucked up, gluepot history.

An absolute abortion of a site.

Witless fucks.

Just now, muttonhumper said:

Aye, that must be close the the most fucking retarded effort from ACC in their shameful, fucked up history.

An absolute abortion of a site.

Witless fucks.

Nae only that - they're on the hook if the place bides empty which it undoubtedly will.

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Totally agree.

Was there not a plan to build a chairlift from Torry directly into the City Centre?

Council bufoons, you couldn't make up some of the shit that goes on down at the Town House

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Was there not a plan to build a chairlift from Torry directly into the City Centre?

Council bufoons, you couldn't make up some of the shit that goes on down at the Town House

A zip line. Poles and drugs would have got to the city centre quicker. Was a goer until the dolphins in the harbour complained. Dolphin cunts!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Joe pike said:

I heard some shocking stat the other day that more than half the shops won't be re-opening in BA Centre, or along those lines. It's been dying a slow death for years now. I'd offer up very low/attractive business rates and incentives to get Union Street full again. As you say, the 'mall' approach is what really started the downturn of Aberdeen city centre in my opinion. I don't think the Council accept just how at risk Aberdeen is.... so many businesses closing including oil related. Places like Altens turning into a ghost town with Hess and Amec buildings blootered recently. Scary times.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

I heard some shocking stat the other day that more than half the shops won't be re-opening in BA Centre, or along those lines. It's been dying a slow death for years now. I'd offer up very low/attractive business rates and incentives to get Union Street full again. As you say, the 'mall' approach is what really started the downturn of Aberdeen city centre in my opinion. I don't think the Council accept just how at risk Aberdeen is.... so many businesses closing including oil related. Places like Altens turning into a ghost town with Hess and Amec buildings blootered recently. Scary times.

The problems for all city centres is that a good chunk of office type workers will never work in the city centre again, they’ll be working from home permanently. 
Or at best, maybe a couple of days a week. 
City centre shops will lose a huge percentage of footfall permanently. 

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problems for all city centres is that a good chunk of office type workers will never work in the city centre again, they’ll be working from home permanently. 
Or at best, maybe a couple of days a week. 
City centre shops will lose a huge percentage of footfall permanently. 

I'm not so sure. That's the obvious mood music now, but it's not practical in the long term. Humans are made to interact. If you work at a call centre - then sure, you may find that option is a viable one. But I'm not buying into this rhetoric that's being pushed in order to follow some narrative. I know where I work (a large O&G operator), they don't feel the need to continue this WFH practice unless entirely necessary. There's been lots of things said and reported over the last 16 months that just don't stack up - without factoring in the virus. Vaccine passports and never working from an office just two of note. Next they'll be saying we don't need fans in stadiums - we can all log in remotely from home with our own wee speaker system hooked up to where we would normally sit. Bonkers. Get folk back to how we used to live and don't lap up the brainwashing.

35 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'm not so sure. That's the obvious mood music now, but it's not practical in the long term. Humans are made to interact. If you work at a call centre - then sure, you may find that option is a viable one. But I'm not buying into this rhetoric that's being pushed in order to follow some narrative. I know where I work (a large O&G operator), they don't feel the need to continue this WFH practice unless entirely necessary. There's been lots of things said and reported over the last 16 months that just don't stack up - without factoring in the virus. Vaccine passports and never working from an office just two of note. Next they'll be saying we don't need fans in stadiums - we can all log in remotely from home with our own wee speaker system hooked up to where we would normally sit. Bonkers. Get folk back to how we used to live and don't lap up the brainwashing.

A lot of people prefer it & will want a hybrid of office & WFH.